We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 1

“Bella” was the last thing she said before everything in the room went black. Shadows had told Vengeance to take a break until she regained consciousness. Although Vengeance wasn’t feeling very sympathetic towards the girl, he knew better than to go against Shadows.

All five men sat upstairs in the kitchen discussing the girl. “What if she just hit the wrong house?”

Shadows nodded. “That’s what I was thinking. Any of our neighbors named Bella?”

They all looked at each other and not one knew a single neighbor with the name Bella.
“Well, there’s no way anyone could withstand what Vengeance did and still have the nerve to lie.”

Gates took his cell phone out of his pocket and flipped it open. He glanced down at the screen and clicked on the new text message from Kristina.

“<3 ” He smiled to himself and text her back.

“ ;) ” After hitting send, he closed his phone and looked up to see the other four looking back at him.

“What?” he asked.

“Could you stop playing wuvvy duvvy bri bri for five minutes and pay attention?” Shadows asked, obviously annoyed at the lack of attention Gates was paying to the situation at hand.

Christ and The Rev started laughing, but stopped when Shadows shot them both a nasty look.

“Well, what are we sitting here for? I honestly have better things to do.” Gates snapped at Shadows. It seemed whenever he was free to spend time with Kristina, Shadows seemed to find a reason to tear him away from her.

The phone that sat on the table started to move as it vibrated. Shadows picked it up and looked at the name on the screen. “Isabella.” It didn’t click until he saw it in front of his eyes. The call went to voice mail as the name on the screen disappeared and was replaced with “One missed call.”

“What if Bella is Isabella?” They all looked at him knowing that it could be possible.

Shadows rose from the table and told Christ to stay behind and keep an eye on the girl while everyone else headed back to the casino.

-----------------
Shadows
-----------------

I walked into my office and sat down behind the desk. Gates had gone up stairs to his floor and im sure it was to see his girl. I knew I had to talk to Izzy about the girl back at the mansion, but I wasn’t so sure that I wanted to just come right out and ask her about the girl. If Izzy was hiding another secret, I was going to pull it out of her another way.

Vengeance and I walked into my office and discussed the options. “Why don’t you just bring her to the mansion and have her explain who the girl is?”

“Because that is too easy and this doesn’t make sense. Izzy had only been here two years and she spent those two years with Marco, she has no friends here. This has to be bigger then we think it is.”

Vengeance didn’t seem to care. Hurting people came so easily to him since Sammy died. It was kind of creepy actually, the way he had lost all his feelings and the way that he interacted with other people. Not once had he showed the slightest bit of remorse for anything he did lately. God only knows what he did to that girl in the basement.

“Why does it have to be so drawn out and dramatic? Let me just break her neck and the problem will be solved.”

I closed my eyes and shook my head. ”You won’t be breaking anyone’s neck. Relax.”

Outside my office there seemed to be quite a bit of commotion. I stood from my desk just as the door to my office was pushed open. Marco pulled himself out of The Rev’s grip and rushed in. Vengeance stood and pinned him against the wall. To say Vengeance was seething with rage was an understatement.

“WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?” Marco shouted from where Vengeance had him pinned.

“Where the fuck is who?” I shot back.

“Don’t play stupid, Shadows.” Marco shoved Vengeance so hard he fell backwards into a chair. “Where the fuck is my daughter?”

One thing I am not is stupid and I honestly had no clue where his daughter was. “How the hell should I know?”

“I know she’s here and I swear to God if you don’t give her back, what I did to your girl will be nothing compared to what I’ll do to you.”

“SHE’S NOT FUCKIN HERE!” I yelled at the top of my lungs and Gates appeared in the doorway with gun in hand.

Marco pulled out a photo from his pocket and threw it down on his desk. “You’ve never seen her before?” he said pointing at the photo.

“No” When I looked back at him his hands were balled into fists.

“I’m coming back and when I do, you better hand over my daughter.”

Marco walked out of the office and past Gates. If it were up to Gates, there would be a bullet lodged in Marco’s brain right now, but given the fact that we now had the upper hand; it was safe to say, Marco wasn’t going to hurt anyone.

When he was gone, Gates walked through the door and sat down. Vengeance stood up and snatched the photo out of my hand. I knew once he looked down and saw that the girl in the photo was the girl in the basement, he was going to snap.

His green eyes flashed coldly up at me as he slammed the photo down on the desk.
“An eye for an eye.” He grimaced and walked out of my office. There wasn’t a single doubt in my mind that he was going back to the mansion.