We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 16

---------------------------
Narrator
Drama fairy *waives*
---------------------------

When the morning came, Shadows walked down the long hallway of the casino floor looking for any signs of life. He walked into his office and today, unlike the last 6, there was no note waiting for him in his office.

As he walked out of his office and locked the door behind him, he came across a very pissed off Gates. They walked side by side out to the main room of the casino. Shadows eyes seemed to be looking everywhere. “What’s eating you?” He asked Gates.

“Kristina didn’t get in until after 2am and wouldn’t tell me where she was.”

Shadows pretended to not know what he was talking about and just nodded his head in response. “What are you going to do about it?”

“I don’t know, but she is really starting to piss me off.”

As they reached the café, Shadows eyes quickly scanned the room, but it was empty. Usually, Izzy was there having breakfast at this time. “Where the fuck is The Rev?”

He didn’t wait for an answer from Gates; he just turned and walked back out to the main room. He headed straight for the bar where he found London setting up for her shift.

“Where is he?” He shouted at her and she jumped back at the tone of his voice.

“Who?”

“Jimmy!” He spat.

“Dude, calm down.” Gates said, but Shadows was too pissed off to care who he was yelling at.

“Who’s Jimmy?” London asked looking back and forth between Shadows and Gates.

“THE REV! Where the fuck is The Rev?”

“Seriously, she didn’t do anything. Calm the fuck down.” Gates tried again and looked at London sympathetically.

“He’s outside smoking.”

“Fuck!” Shadows yelled. There was no note from Marco and The Rev was outside smoking which meant Izzy was alone. He already knew what this meant; he’d only have to go check her room to confirm it.

He and Gates rushed to the elevator and went up to Izzy’s floor. They walked across the floor after stepping out of the elevator and found an envelope taped to Izzy’s door.

Shadows grabbed the envelope and pulled out the note. This one only said two words.
“Tick – Tock” he looked at Gates before pushing the door of the room open.
There the two of them stood looking straight ahead at the wall in front of them.
In big red letters was one word. “BOOM”

“FUCK!” Shadows yelled at the top of his lungs and Gates ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

Gates followed after Shadows as he stepped back on to the elevator seething with rage.
“Where are you going?” he asked.

“First, I’m going to fucking kill Jimmy and then I’m going to the mansion.”

When they reached the bottom floor Shadows stormed off the elevator in search of The Rev who was nowhere to be found. Not wanting to waste any more time, Shadows went out to his car while Gates followed after him.

“I’ll drive; you’re liable to kill us both.” Gates said getting in to the drivers seat while Shadows tossed him the keys.

While Gates drove the car to the mansion, Vengeance and Mari we just starting their day.

---------------

They cooked breakfast together, Vengeance and Marisol. She did most of the cooking and he did most of the mess making. They ate together and when finished, she did the dishes while he dried.

While he went upstairs to take a shower, she sat in the living room watching television.
Upstairs he had just finished dressing when he heard Marisol screaming. After grabbing his gun, he raced down the stairs where he found Shadows and Gates standing in the living room. Shadows had his hand tightly around Mari’s arm. She looked at Vengeance with pleading eyes as he approached the three of them.

“What the hell are you doing?” He asked glaring at Shadows.

“Making a trade. That son of a bitch took Izzy.”

Neither Shadows nor Gates were prepared for what happened next. Vengeance held up his gun and pointed it right at Shadows face. “Over my fucking dead body.”