We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 17

---------------
Gates
---------------

“Put the gun down, Vengeance” I told him, but he held it aimed at Shadows face. This wasn’t going to be pretty if he didn’t put the gun down.

“Let her go.” he snapped at Shadows, but Shadows was just as stubborn as Vengeance.

“Ok. So, this is how it’s going to go.” I said as I took my gun out of my pants and pointed it at Marisol. “Vengeance put the fucking gun down.”

“Vengeance please!” Mari screamed.

It was Shadows who finally caved in and let go of Mari’s arm. “Ok?” He said holding up his hands for Vengeance to see. Mari ran past Shadows over to Vengeance and threw her arms around him. Her face was buried in his chest while she cried.

“Get out.” He told Shadows who looked at him like he was nuts. Last time we checked the mansion belonged to Shadows. “Get him out of here.” He told me as his hand started to shake and I wasn’t going to take any chances with a shaky hand holding a gun.

“Let’s go.” I told Shadows and he followed me out of the house back to the car.

When we got back to the car, he was even more pissed off than he was before we left the casino. One thing was absolutely for sure; this wasn’t going to end well.

When we got back to the casino, Shadows went straight to his office. The plan was to get Izzy out of The Maker’s Marc unharmed if she wasn’t already. Right now, he just wanted to be left alone so he could figure out what the plan was. He’d already sent Christ over to scope out Marco’s place and see what he could come up with.

I had my own problems to deal with. When I got on the elevator, I pushed the button for my floor and tried to find my patience as I stepped off the elevator onto my floor. I sat down on the couch and tried to figure out what to do about Kristina. She was still sleeping and while she slept she was perfect. While she was awake, she was another story.

--------------------------
Later that afternoon
--------------------------

In my living room, I sat with Christ, The Rev, and Shadows. Christ had confirmed that Izzy was indeed at The Maker’s Marc. It wasn’t clear to any of us how it was so easy for Marco to get into the casino unnoticed. Even with all of us occupied, there was enough security to alert one of us that he was here.

We had come to the conclusion that at some point, Izzy must have been lured outside. It was the only explanation. Another thing we were wrestling back and forth with was the notes. 7 notes were left for Shadows and no one knew where they came from or how they got there with the exception of the first note that The Rev brought to Shadows himself.

The more we talked about it, the more The Rev seemed to get uncomfortable. His face was growing paler by the minute. Shadows had asked him if he was feeling all right and he just nodded in response, but in truth he looked like he was going to vomit.

By this time, Kristina had decided it was time to grace us with her presence. She walked out of the bedroom in lingerie and went into the kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee. I shook my head and looked at Shadows who was looking back at me noticing my frustration.

“Christ, go to the mansion and keep an eye on Vengeance.” Shadows spoke and then turned his attention to The Rev. “As for you. You better hope like hell that nothing happens to Izzy. I want you to go ask all of the staff if they saw Izzy leave the casino last night. Find out if there’s been anyone strange lurking around.”

Both men nodded and walked out of the room. When they were gone, Shadows turned his attention to me. Something in the back of my mind told me that I was going to get an explanation for the way he’s been acting around me lately.

“Kristina.” I yelled out her name and she looked at me over the counter from the kitchen.

“Yes, Baby?” Baby? Since when did she call me Baby? Since never!

“Please put some clothes on.” I forced a smile, but she just rolled her eyes and walked back to the bedroom. Shadows shook his head when he noticed my frustration and leaned forward clasping his hands together.

“Ok, listen. We have to talk and what I’m about to say isn’t going to sound so hot, but I fucked her.”

I heard what he said, but my mind needed confirmation of who he was in fact talking about. “Who?” I asked hoping he would say London or Chelsea.

“Kristina.”

“Wow” was all I could manage to say in response.

“Remember when I told you about the conversation I had with her about how things were with Izzy and me?”

“Yeah.” I nodded wondering what that had to do with anything.

“Well, I thought she understood when I said it didn’t bother me that Izzy was with you because it was just sex, but I think it was that moment when she flipped the script and started thinking like Ruby again. Remember that night when we were in the bar?”

“I remember.” I nodded. “What about it?”

He sat back and rubbed his palms on his lap. “Well, as you know, you were there, I got pretty fucked up that night. I was really upset about Izzy and I just wanted to get drunk and take my mind off her.”

I watched him intently as he spoke hoping that this conversation wasn’t going to go from bad to worse. “I thought I was dreaming, but I wasn’t and I thought it was Izzy under the covers giving me a blowjob, but it wasn’t her. It was Kristina and she got up off the bed when she was done and said it was just a blow job as if everything was cool.”

I shook my head in disappointment. Obviously that bothered me, but it wasn’t his fault, she took advantage of him being drunk and he thought she was Izzy. “Does this get any worse?”

He nodded and took off his sunglasses. “Last night, I was up in the penthouse. I was in the kitchen contemplating ordering Pizza or attempting to cook something. That’s when I heard the sound of heels clicking along the hardwood heading towards the kitchen. Again, I assumed it was Izzy, but imagine my surprise when a very naked Kristina walked into my kitchen. So, last night when she didn’t get home until 2am, it’s because she was with me and to put it bluntly, I fucked her on my kitchen table.”

Ok well that was a mental picture that I didn’t need to visualize. It didn’t bother me so much that he fucked her. What bothered me is that it seemed like she was infatuated with him.

“Dude, I don’t know what the fuck to do. I can’t handle her like this.”

“Well, it shouldn’t be up to you to handle it.” When he said that to me, I really didn’t understand what he was getting at. “Maybe WE should handle it. Get her out here.” He winked and it was then that I knew what he meant to do.

As the smirk started to form on my face I turned my head towards the bedroom. “Kristina, come here love.” I yelled out and in no time at all she appeared in the doorway wearing my House of Syn t-shirt and a pair of boy shorts.

“What?” She asked looking at the two of us. If she wanted to play Ruby for a little while then it was time Ruby met Synyster Gates and M Shadows.

I patted the cushion on the couch and she walked over and sat down beside me. Shadows had put his sunglasses back on and got up to sit down on the other side of her.

“What’s going on?” She asked Gingerly with a lipstick covered smile spreading across her face.

Shadows was tracing his finger along her thigh and she looked at me confused. “That’s my shirt.” I noted as I took the hem between my fingers.

“Yes.” She nodded and was clearly becoming uncomfortable.

“Looks good on you, but I think it would look better off you. What do you think Shadows?”

He smirked and ran his tongue up the side of her neck. “I think it would look better on the floor.” He whispered in her ear huskily.

“Me too.” I agreed and started to lift the shirt while Shadows played havoc with her senses. I hated to be this mean to her, but she needed it.

“Stop it.” She said and pushed my hand away.

I grabbed her around the waist and took her earlobe into my mouth. “Come on, Ruby. Don’t you want me?” I emphasized the word Ruby and the harsh reality seemed to slap her across the face.

“Oh no. I think Ruby wants me. Isn’t that right, baby doll?” Shadows whispered in her other ear.

Any second now she was going to crack. “Cut it out.” She whined, but Shadows only slid his hand further up her thigh.

“What’s the matter, Ruby? Don’t you want to be a whore for the both of us?” There was malice in my tone when I said it and she slapped me across the face and got up off the couch.

Shadows got up and grabbed her arm and shoved her down on the other couch. “Sit the fuck down and don’t say a fucking word unless we ask you a direct question.” He shouted at her and now she was about to get hit with another dose of reality.

For a second I felt bad for her, but then I remembered she fucked Shadows and every ounce of sympathy I had for her was gone. He was going to be brutal and I wasn’t going to stop him.

Shadows sat back down on the couch beside me and held his gaze on her. “I don’t know what the fuck’s got into you, but I don’t like it. I love Izzy more then you could ever imagine and I don’t appreciate you coming along and trying to fuck that up for me.”

Granted he was no saint in this matter, I wasn’t going to point it out to him. She technically did taunt him and what guy would walk away from a hot naked chic?

“You came to me crying and asked me to help you because you didn’t want people calling you stupid anymore and what did I do? I fucking helped you! I don’t like it when people make fool out of me.” He was beyond pissed and when she looked at me her lower lip started to quiver.

“Don’t you dare fucking cry.” I warned her and she looked back at Shadows who was just getting started.

“I gave you a fucking job and a place to live and helped you turn your life around and this is how you repay me? By going back to being the whore that you were when you first got here?”

She lowered her gaze to her lap not wanting either of us to see the water that was about to spill over. “It stops right now!” He yelled making her jump.

“Look at me.” His tone was even and stern as she brought her head up so her eyes could meet his.

“I’m going to give you a choice, but once that choice is made, there is no going back.”Here comes her moment of truth. “We don’t like Ruby, but we love Kristina, but hey, it’s your life. So if you want to be a whore, then I’d be more than happy to give you your job back in the brothel. Is that what you want? Do you want to be a whore for me?”

She lowered her eyes again. That word seemed to make her even more uncomfortable.
“DO YOU?” He shouted after getting no response from her.

“No.” Her voice was cracking and her hands were shaking now.

“Fine, then this is how things are going to go. You can keep your job as Brian’s assistant, but you don’t get to call him Brian any more. You have to earn that. So, from now on, it’s Gates.”

She looked at me for help, but I just nodded in agreement with Shadows. “Your job will be only part time, you’ll have to earn it back to full time and I expect nothing less than 100% from you. You’ll punch a time card in my office every day that you work and if you don’t, then you won’t get paid.” Her face was white as a sheet and her eyes were starting to glisten.

“Are you understanding now? I gave you everything and I can take it all away just as fast. Now, there is one more thing... your living arrangements.”

She looked at me once again and with wide eyes. I guess she hadn’t expected that maybe; just maybe, my feelings would have been hurt by her actions. “Gates has been more than kind in giving you free rein in his place, but that ends today. It’s up to him to decide if you stay.”

She looked at me and I wanted to show her how much I hurt. I wanted to hurt her back.
“I think if we are going to take things away, we should take it all away and give whatever her name is, her old room downstairs back.” I said and she lowered her head and finally let the tears fall from her eyes.

He nodded and looked back at her. “Fine. You heard the man. So, as of today you are leaving this floor and going back downstairs. The only time you are to ever come up here is to work. You’ll be limited to the office only and when your shift is done, you are to leave immediately. Understood?”

“Yes.” She answered. She didn’t even put up a fight or try and defend herself and that bothered me even more. Shadows was brutal and she sat there and took it.

When he looked back at me, I landed the final blow. “Get her out of here.” He nodded and stood up grabbing her by the arm and yanking her up off the couch. “I’ll have her stuff sent down.” I said and Shadows nodded before dragging her out of the living room and down to the floor where her old room was.

Maybe it was a little harsh, but she deserved everything she got. You fuck with me, you pay, and it’s that simple.