We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 18

-------------
Gates
-------------

Shadows and I sat in the bar discussing the conversation that we had with Kristina. We had decided that we both did the right thing and that we weren’t too harsh. I did have a small pang of guilt and contemplated whether or not I should have tried to talk to her about the way she was acting rather than do what I did to her with Shadows. That thought disappeared as fast as it came. We were right, and she would have to earn her place back into our lives, especially mine.

Shadows though, he was another story. We all knew that underneath all the brawn, he was a big softy, especially when it came to his girls. Technically, she was one of his girls, so it was only a matter of time before he would start to feel bad and give her certain privileges back.

As we sat there drinking we never noticed the fury in The Rev’s eyes when he walked through the door. We both turned our gaze to him and thought he was coming over to us, but he bypassed the both of us and walked right behind the bar.

The look on London’s face can only be described as sheer terror. He walked right up to her as she watched him and slowly started to back away. Shadows and I both stood knowing something was going to happen, but we didn’t know what it was.

Without an ounce of hesitation he punched her square in the jaw sending her crashing to the ground. “Whoa!” I yelled and jumped over the bar. Hitting a chic was a no no. “What the fuck is wrong with you?” I asked him as Shadows looked on.

The Rev bent down and snatched London up by the arm and shoved her into the bar.
He wasn’t the type to get pissed like this so she must have really fucked up. He slammed her head down on the bar and held it there with one hand while his other hand pulled her shirt down over her shoulder.

There it was. The infamous “M.” It was right in front of us the whole fucking time and none of us knew it. Shadows fucking roared and grabbed London by the hair and pulled her across the bar top. What we did to Kristina would look like a walk in the park compared to the fate that London was facing.

“You fucking bitch!” He spat before slapping her hard across the face sending her down to the ground. “CHRIST.” He shouted and seconds later Johnny came running into the bar.

“Get her up to the penthouse and lock her in the guest room.” He nodded and grabbed London by the arm and proceeded to drag her out of the bar.

Shadows was breathing heavy as he turned his gaze to The Rev. “How the fuck did you know?” He asked as The Rev picked up a bottle of whiskey and swigged right out of the bottle.

“It was the notes. When you mentioned it upstairs, something clicked and all the pieces started to fall into place. It was me all along and I never even thought to be on guard.”

“What was you?” I asked unsure of what he meant by that statement.

“She was in the perfect position to see everything. How we all interacted with each other and especially the way I treated Izzy. She knew that Izzy and I weren’t fond of each other. She was also standing behind the bar the night Marco came in and shot the girls and Vengeance. Yet, she walked away unscathed. That should have been a red flag.”

I closed my eyes and shook my head. Shadows was cursing under his breath.

“London singled me out from the moment we hired her. She made me like her so I wouldn’t be suspicious of her. When the first note came, she was the one who gave it to me and told me someone left it at the front door for Shadows.”

“What?” Shadows spat at him. “You didn’t think to tell me that little bit of info?”

He shook his head no. “Honestly, I didn’t think to suspect her at all. Then last night when I was supposed to check on Izzy, London asked me to come up to her room with her and have a drink. Last I saw Izzy she was in her room and I assumed she was fine. I figured that if Marco were going to show up he would be hard to miss. I never suspected that London was working for him. At least, not until we were upstairs talking about the notes.”

“I don’t fucking believe this.” Shadows let out a breath and looked over at me.

“What do you want to do with her?” The Rev asked. That was probably the dumbest question that any one could have asked Shadows at this point. Obviously, London was going to have to pay for her mistake, but to be honest…so would The Rev.


----------------
Vengeance
----------------

For the remainder of the day, Mari held onto me for dear life. She wouldn’t let me leave her side. I’d finally managed to get her to calm down and relax. As I lay here on the couch with Mari lying on top of me resting her weary eyes, I honestly felt bad for Shadows.

He’d finally managed to let himself love again and when he does, it gets taken away from him and in a big way. I understood how that felt. Although, I did still feel like my loss was grater than his. Sammy died and Izzy was still alive. He could and more than likely would, get her back.

I moved my hand down Mari’s back and slipped it under her shirt so that it was now resting it on her bare skin. The day in the kitchen when she told me she loved me, I came to a certain realization. She had come into my life at the worst time. I was at the lowest possible point. I guess you could say I hit rock bottom.

Sammy was always on the surface of my mind throughout all of this. So when Mari actually came out and told me she loved me, I honestly believed right then and there that Sammy herself had sent me this sweet girl to love me. Yeah, may sound crazy, but in my heart of hearts, I believe Sammy personally hand picked Mari for me.

Mari lifted her head and looked at me. Her eyes were still glassed over from all the crying she did and all I wanted to do was be able to protect her. “I’m scared.” She said to me in a voice barely above a whisper.

I put my hands on her hips and pulled her up so her face was now above mine. “As long as you’re here with me, you’re safe. I promise.”

“But Shadows… she started to say and I put my finger on her lips.

“I will protect you at whatever the cost.” Sammy died for me and I never understood why she moved in front of me and took the bullet that was meant for my heart until Mari looked down at me. “I love you, my sweet girl.” My own voice cracked as I realized that I myself would lay down my own life for Marisol.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. Show of hands...who saw THAT coming?