We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 25

----------------
Gates
----------------

So last night, I went up to the penthouse because Shadows said he had something he wanted to talk to me about. When I got there, much to my surprise, Shadows was in the hot tub with Kristina. Not just sitting there relaxing either, he had his hands all over her.
It took all the strength I had to turn around and leave instead of going out there and yanking Kristina out of the hot tub to beat the living shit out of Shadows.

This morning when she walked in, she went straight into the office and didn’t even acknowledge that I was sitting here. She seemed well rested, not like the last couple of days where she seemed to not have been sleeping and rather upset.

I have no clue what to make of the situation, but I think it’s time I found out.
When I walked through the door of the office and sat down at my desk, she didn’t look up. She didn’t say a word, not even so much as fuck you.

“There’s some coffee left in the pot in the kitchen.” Was that the best I could come up with? Uh yeah.

“No. Thanks.” She said in a voice so soft, but she still wouldn’t look at me.

“Is this the way it’s going to be?” I looked at her and waited for her to look back. I was annoyed with her now, enough was enough.

“What are you talking about?” She asked and leaned back in her chair. Finally, I had her full attention.

“This! Damn it! The way you come in here and don’t say a word to me. The way you ignore me until I say something to you. How you don’t even say goodbye when you leave.”

She folded her arms across her chest and I’ll be damned if she wasn’t a mirror image of Shadows right now. That son of a fuck. “THIS as you put it.” She said cocking her head to the side with a sly little smirk. “Is what you asked for or should I remind you how you sat there on the couch and called me a slut to my face and how you also told me you would have all my stuff sent downstairs? Maybe I should also point out how I am just the employee and you are the employer, I believe that was how it was put to me. Should I continue? Because I could go on all day.”

“I NEVER EVER CALLED YOU A SLUT.” I leaned forward fucking pissed that she put words in my mouth.

“Oh, but didn’t you now? You called me Ruby over and over again. Maybe you never said the actual word, but the implication was evident. I am not as dumb as you make me out to be.”

“Kristina, don’t go there. You know damn well I was only pissed because you slept with Shadows.”

She slammed her hand down on the desk. “Pissed enough to make me stand in front of the man who shot me for two fucking hours! Pissed enough to take away anything and everything that ever meant anything to me! Pissed enough to degrade me to the point of worthlessness! I didn’t fucking deserve even half of what you did to me. You act like you are a goddamn saint here! Need I remind you that YOU aren’t exactly the most faithful person in the world? FUCK YOU GATES!!”

Sometime over the last few days Kristina grew a thicker skin and I really don’t like it. I can so see myself slapping her right now. I don’t care who is wrong or right here, she has no right to speak to me that way.

“You really should watch your tone with me.” I warned, but she laughed right in my face.

“Do I look scared? I’m not.” She shook her head and kept the smile on her face. “You took away my ability to give a fuck the second I figured out that you were lying when you told me you loved me. I may have been a whore and had sex with men for money, but I have never felt so ashamed as I did that moment.”

“Now, that I find hard to believe.” I can be just as mean as she is. Now it was I who folded my arms across my chest and smirked. Kristina stood up and started collecting her things. “What are you doing?”

“I quit.” She said and as she walked past me I could see her eyes starting to glass over. I could have got up and gone after her, but what was the use. It would only mean an even bigger fight.

----------------
Shadows
----------------

I was sitting with Izzy showing her old photos of the band when Kristina came through the door in tears. When I stood up from the couch she walked right into my arms.

“What happened?” Izzy asked her, while she sobbed into my chest.

“I quit. I can’t take it anymore, he’s just so mean.” Jackpot! I put my arms around her and gave Izzy a sly smile that only she could understand. I wanted him angry and judging by the state Kristina was in right now, he was just about there.

“What am I going to do?” She cried.

“I’m sure there’s something for you to do here. Right Matt?” Izzy said trying to comfort Kristina.

“Of course.” I replied trying to be reassuring.

Kristina looked up at me with the wettest of green eyes. “I don’t want to go back to the brothel.”

“You wont have to, I promise.” I smiled back at her trying to make her feel better. I wouldn’t put her back in the brothel if she wanted to go willingly. I was mean, but I wasn’t cruel like that. Ok, maybe I did do that to Izzy…never mind. “I have an idea!” I stepped back from Kristina and pulled my walled out of my pocket. After taking out a credit card, I handed it over to Izzy. “Why don’t the both of you go shopping for the wedding tomorrow. I want you both to pick out a dress and every accessory to go with it.”

“Manicures too?” Izzy asked excitedly.

I nodded. “Ok, manicures too.” Izzy jumped up off the couch and hugged me. When she pulled back from me she kissed my cheek and grabbed Kristina by the arm.

“Come on!” She laughed as she dragged Kristina out of the penthouse. I loved it when Izzy was this happy. Amazing what the word Shopping can do to a girl. Only one thing left to do to set Gates into a fucking frenzy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crossing my fingers for The Rev. Hoping like hell he wins Revolver's Golden God Award for Best Drummer tonight!