We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 3

--------------------
Gates
--------------------

Kristina had officially moved into my place and I had hoped to find her at home when I walked through the door, but she wasn’t there. She’s started college part time two days a week and continues to work as my assistant as well. Ruby was now just a part of her past and once she shed Ruby, she really came into her own as Kristina.

“Brian?” I heard her call my name as I took a beer from the fridge.

I grabbed another beer for her and walked out into the living room just in time to see her kicking off her shoes. “Hello, love.”

“Hi.” She smiled and I walked over to where she was standing and kissed her before handing her a beer. “Are you home for the night now?” she asked.

I sighed. I really hadn’t spent much time with her lately. “I hope so.” I sat down on the couch and grabbed her hand pulling her down next to me.

“Why do you have to keep going to the mansion?”

I wasn’t expecting to have to explain myself, but it would come out sooner or later. “Well, I’ll tell you, but it’s probably going to make me look like a bad guy.”

“Ok.” she nodded. “Just tell me.”

I picked up my beer and drank from the bottle while she waited for me to continue. “Someone tried to break into the mansion and now that someone is locked in the basement until we figure out what we are going to do with her.”

I guess she wasn’t expecting that because she looked at me like I had lost my mind. “So why didn’t you just call the police?”

It was an honest question. “Because it doesn’t work like that with us.”

“Well, how does it work?”

“When someone does something wrong to any one of us, we handle it our way. How we handle it depends on the circumstances. It just so happens that the person who tried to break into the mansion is Marco’s daughter.”

She sat straight up and turned sideways to face me. “Marisol?”

“You know her?”

“Of course I do, she’s a sweet kid. Why would you keep her locked up in a basement?”

She was looking at me like I was the criminal here. “Like I said, she tried to break into the mansion and she IS Marco’s daughter.”

She sipped her beer and shook her head. “I know you have this Cowboy and Indians thing going on with Marco, but Marisol is an innocent kid. You can’t use her as a bargaining chip.”

This wasn’t how I wanted to spend the night. We didn’t argue and I didn’t want our first argument to be over Marco’s kid. “You do remember Marco killed Sammy and nearly killed Vengeance not to mention the fact that he shot you in the stomach.”

“Yes.” she nodded. “So hold Marco accountable, he’s the guilty one.”

“Kristina, I really don’t want to argue with you about this. The conversation is over, so find something else to talk about.”

I guess she hadn’t expected me to snap at her like that because the expression on her face seemed to be a mixture of shock and hurt. “It’s movie night; I’m gonna go get a dvd, why don’t you change into something comfortable.”

I left her sitting alone on the couch and went to go get a movie. She was going to have to understand that if she wanted to be a part of my life that there were parts of it that weren’t going to be pretty all the time. It was better if she didn’t question it.


--------------
Vengeance
--------------

I drove around for what seemed like hours and found myself sitting parked outside the mansion thinking about the girl downstairs in the basement. As I stepped out of the car and walked into the dark house, I found myself walking towards the door behind the spiral staircase.

I took the steps one by one slowly making my way down into the darkened room. Mari was sound asleep on the cot. The food that Gates brought her earlier was still sitting in the bag untouched.

As I watched her sleep, I couldn’t stop thinking about how badly I wanted to hurt this girl. How badly I wanted her to pay for all her father’s indiscretions. I wanted her to feel every ounce of pain that I was feeling. I don’t even know her, but I wanted to hurt her.

She whimpered in her sleep and I thought about getting her a blanket and covering her with it, but that thought passed as soon as it came. There was no mercy for Sammy, so why should I show her any?

I wondered how old she was. She looked like a kid, but her body said otherwise. She was thin, but had curves in all the right places. It was her body that gave me the cruelest thought I’d ever had. I could defile Marco’s daughter right here, right now and no one would be able to stop me. Fuck Shadows and his sympathy, I had a vendetta.

It would be so easy to make this girl scream and beg me for her life. Honestly, I would take great pleasure in that. Listening to the sound of her scream as her bones cracked and her blood poured from her body, yeah, that would make me very happy.

I know that if I did anything remotely close to what I was thinking, I would have to face the wrath of Shadows and Gates. While both knew I was in no mood for either of them to fuck with me, I really didn’t want to have to deal with it and if they fucked with me, it would be my wrath that they would have to deal with.

I’m going to play a little game with this girl instead. This was going to be a game of love and hate. I was going to make this girl fall in love with me and when she finally did say those three little words, it would be then, that I will rip her heart out and hand her right back to her father so she can truly understand the pain and agony I have been dealing with for the last month.

Oh what a tangled web I intend to weave.

----------------
Shadows
----------------

“Izzy?” I called out her name when I walked into the penthouse.

“I’m in here,” she yelled and I followed the sound of her voice to the bedroom. Izzy was standing in front of the mirror brushing her wet hair. She must have just had a shower. She stood before the mirror without a stitch of clothes on.

Her walking around the house naked was nothing new. From the day she got her, she had a strong sexual nature and it was hard to keep up with her at times. Since Gates was off the market, I no longer had him to pawn her off on when I was too tired or not in the mood. I loved her though, more than I ever thought I would.

“Miss me?” I asked her as I stood behind her while she continued to brush her hair.

“Maybe just a little.”

I laughed and kissed her shoulder while I wrapped my arms around her waist. “I missed you a little bit.”

“Only a little?” She asked while looking at me through my reflection in the mirror.

I took off my shirt and walked over to the bed and lay down with my hands behind my head. “Ok maybe more than a little, but I do need to talk to you about something.”

“What?” She set the brush down and walked over to the bed and climbed onto my hips where she sat looking down at me. I loved this, just her and me alone and I honestly contemplated holding off on the conversation, but it had to happen.

I rested my hands on her hips and looked up into her eyes. “Tell me about the time you spent with Marco.” She looked surprised by my question as I expected she would. There seemed to be a little bit of nervousness and I expected that as well. “What do you mean?” she asked looking down at me.

“Well, I am just curious to know what you did before we met.”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Nothing special really. I mostly stayed in the house or went shopping.”

“So that’s it? You were a kept woman?”

“I guess, if that’s what you call it. Until he heard me sing and that’s when things went bad, he wanted me to be part of the show at his casino and when I said no, he didn’t take it very well.”

My finger was now tracing circles around her belly button. “So, you must have met his family if you were there so long.”

She moved her hair behind her ear and gave me a little smile as I continued making circles with my finger. “Not his whole family, they mostly live in some other country.” Izzy started to giggle and grabbed my hand. “That tickles!”

I laughed and pulled my hand from hers and moved it back to rest on her hip. “So, you did meet some of his family then?”

She nodded back at me as she played with the button on my jeans. “Only his brother and his daughter, they lived there. He has two daughters, but I only knew one. Why are you asking me about this?” Her eyes were locked on mine now as she waited for me to answer.

“We just never spoke about your time there and I was curious.”

“Am I in trouble for something?”

I sat up and put my arms around her waist holding her in place. “Nope.” I answered and pecked her lips lightly. “So, how old is Marco’s daughter?”

“Seventeen, she’ll be 18 in two weeks.”

“Sounds like you knew her well.”

She nodded and put her arms around my neck. “She didn’t have a mother or any other female influence and Marco wasn’t exactly father of the year.”

I kissed her again and let the kiss linger for a little while before releasing her lips. “So you were her friend?”

She groaned with disappointment. “Yes. Can we stop talking about this and make out now?” Izzy had an insatiable sexual appetite and I was sure to never get used to it.

I laughed again and when I pulled her closer she closed her legs around my waist. “We can do whatever you want, Bella.”

She was just about to kiss me, but she pulled back and looked at me with an uncertain stare. “What did you just call me?”

“Bella. It means beautiful. Don’t you like it?” I knew there was more to this then she was letting on.

“Don’t call me that.” Her face, that moments ago was blushing pink was now growing paler with every passing second.

“Why not?” Now she had me more curious than I was before. Something had yet to come out and it was like pulling teeth to try and get it out of her.

“I don’t like it.” She whined and wiggled out of my grip. When she got off the bed, she threw on her robe and walked back over to the mirror to brush her hair again. Clearly, I had made her uncomfortable.

“Izzy, come back over here.” I didn’t yell, I was trying to be sincere, but in truth, I wanted to know more. “Come on, I haven’t seen you all day” I tried to sound as pleading as I could, but she just turned around and pouted back at me.

“No.” After setting the brush down she walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. I followed after her and found her sitting on the counter with a pint of ice cream and a spoon.

I walked over and stood in front of her setting my hands on her hips. “If I promise to never call you that name again, will you share your ice cream with me?” She simply nodded, making me laugh again as she shoved a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. The mystery behind “Bella” would have to wait for tomorrow. I had other plans. She shot me a pissed off glance when I took the container of ice cream and the spoon out of her hand, but she wasn’t complaining when I lifted her off the counter and carried her back to the bedroom.