Why Only Me

A dream so real

CHAPTER 2

A DREAM SO REAL

“Desiree..Desiree..Desiree, wake up you're going to be late for the bus.” My mom shouts.
“ What...(looking at my phone realizing the time) OH MY GOSH.....IM Going To Miss The Bus!” I scream as I jump up and nearly knock my mom over.
I run to my closet and begin throwing around clothes while trying to pick my clothes for the day. “Ahhh”, I pull out my Black skinny jeans, neon green top, black and neon green vans. I grab an apple and brush my teeth, wash my face, put on deodorant,ECT...I just about miss the bus because I dropped my backpack on the way out.
“hey” I say panting and hugging Phoebe as I climb aboard the bus.
“Just on time” says Phoebe with a friendly smile.
I sleep the whole ride to school...I get awoken by the chill of a cold water poured on my face.
“What the HELL Phoebe” I yell wiping my dripping face with my shirt.
“Get up....sleepie head” Phoebe says sarcastically.
(As I walk down the stairs of the smelly, torn, sticky bus I pray for a good day!)

***********************************************************************************
THE END OF THE DAY....BUS RIDE HOME

The whole day goes by like what seems like forever, (when I get home I'm taking a nap I think to myself)
“ahhhh.....ohhhh” I hear from the back of the bus.
When I turn to see who's making the noise, I get sidetracked from the commotion outside the window. It's Damian! I see him grab another kid by the shirt and punch him right in the face,
”ohhhh” I say under my breath as I continue to watch...Damian throws the kid down on the ground and kicks the crap out of him, I feel sorry for the kid who looks as if he is in a LOT of pain. I cannot watch this horrid crime anymore so I look toward the bus driver who hasn't noticed this activity. When I finally look to the back of the bus I see “Blake” sitting in the back holding his stomach crouching and moaning. He looks as if he was in a painful fist fight, his black hair messed up, one snake bite missing along with cuts and bruises. I re-turned my attention to Damian who was walking up the bus ramp SMILING.
Damian notices that I'm sitting alone and he makes his way over to me. I look at him and say
“ No you can't sit here” I said covering the seat with my backpack.
“Oh...is Phoebe sitting here” he said with a smile like he didn't just beat a kid up.
“NO Phoebe is home sick today” I said rudely
“Oh well (long pause)...Why cant I sit here then” he asked confused
“Because I don't associate with BAD people DAMIAN” I said almost yelling.
“ What I'm not____” he begin to say as I cut him off with...
“Save it, Don't even say it I just watched you beat up a kid for no reason (pointing at the window)” I Said now yelling in his face.
“Excuse me sir will you please take a seat” says the bus driver who has a whistling voice and looks as if he was 99 years old.
“Sorry, (moving my backpack) Have you SEEN Blake (pointing to the back of the bus) that kid....did that to him....” he said angrily.
“Two wrongs don't make a rig_” I Tried to say as I was interrupted by Damian yelling.
“Please I don't want to argue...but I had to do something Blake is my best friend.” he said about to cry.
As the Bus pulled to a stop we both climbed out at the same time in which I begin to run!

**********************************************************************************

CHECKING IN ON PHOEBE AND RETURNING HOME FROM A LONG DAY OF SCHOOL

“Run...Pant...Run...Pant” I ran to Phoebes house to see if she's ok. I repeated about 20 times before I finally reached her house, I begin to pull out my key for her house I feel a hand grab my arm by force and turn me around,
“ahhhh...oh what Damian” I say in a annoyed voice.
“Please can you forgive me, I don't like fighting but Blake's my best friend...wouldn't you do the same for Phoebe? And anyway he threw the first punch so... I used self-defense!”
“ ahhhh Don't cry Please I understand...(i give him a hug)” I say as I walk into Phoebes house.
I unlocked the door and walked in. I notice Phoebe is lying on the couch with about 5 blankets layered across her,
“how do you feel buddie” I say in almost a whisper (so that I don't cause her to gain a headache.)
“HORRIBLE...I want to just DIE” she said without one pause.
“can I get you anything” I ask sitting down and patting her back.
“No” she said
“K well I'm going to head home now” I say with a reassuring smile.
“wait..... I have to tell you something...ummm...well. I'm just going to say it...Blake asked me out and I said …....YES!” She said with the biggest smile.
“congrats to a dream come true... well bye” I said giving her one last hug before I left the house.
I run to my house and my mind begin to wander about Damian, the thoughts both good and bad, (but mostly good). As the thoughts race through my mind, I couldn't see anything except his face as if it was mesmerizing. I tied to picture something else but his image just kept re-appearing, after I finally could see the world again I feel my legs begin to wobble and “BANG” uggg I just ran into my.....GARAGE DOOR? Gaining my composure I walk inside rubbing my head “WOW I must have been running really fast to get this bruise on my face”.
“Hey mom I don't feel so well so I think I'm going to just skip dinner and go to sleep ok.” I said lying down.
“ok baby (walking over to feel my forehead) well feel better.” she said worried

**********************************************************************************
THE NEXT MORNING AND ON THE BUS

“Wake up Desiree, I'm leaving now” I hear a faint voice say which I think is in my dream...
“ohhhh hi mom, tell dad good luck on his job interview, love you” I say realizing that she was the faint voice I heard.
“bye and I will tell dad you wish him good luck (she kisses my forehead)bye Desiree” she says quietly
“bye mom,” as I listen to the car engine disappear down the road and when the sound is completely gone I jump up to do my normal morning routine and ran out of the house, of course I'm the first one to the bus (we're the first stop). I take a front seat like always and Phoebe comes running into the bus...
“hey you feeling better today buddie” I say in a baby voice
“ya hey can I sit with Blake to day” she asked
“ohhhh la la sure go ahead” I said in a flirtatious voice. I watch her walk to the back of the bus and hug Blake with a worried look on her face. She must have notice the BLACK EYE.
“Hey Blake” I call out and he waves.
Today I ride to school alone and begin to wonder what Phoebe and Blake were talking about this morning, but before I got a chance to find out, the bus comes to a stop... (we have arrived at school)
“ Ugggh I have horrible luck” I thought.

***********************************************************************************
7th PERIOD

“Ms. Black can you answer this question?” Mr. Greybarnared asked me during 7th period.
“ Umm.... can I get back to you on that.” I asked playfully.
“UM NO but what you could do is spend your weekend with me cleaning gum off the cafeteria tables.” he spoke angrily.
“NO sir, I mean I'm sorry.....I have a daa.....um no I cant answer that question.” I said in a polite voice. I heard a small chuckle from the kid behind me... “I should have guessed” I said in a disgusted tone.
“ well that's not a very nice way to start a conversation now is it....?” the worst, ugliest, STUPIDIST, kid in our whole school. And I HOPE that this RUMOR is NOT true, but rumor has it he likes me yucks.
“ugh just leave me ALONE DABOG HOWARDS” I said in a shouting whisper, (rolling my eyes at him as I turn around in my seat).
“Ding...Ding...Ding....”

***********************************************************************************
THE BUS RIDE HOME (DRAMATIC SCENE)

I run toward the bus reminiscing about what I thought Phoebe and Blake were talking about this morning.
“hey dessi” I hear (from what sounds like it's right next to me) and when I try to turn around, I feel hands so warm, and silky smooth cover my eyes and all goes blank.
“ Hey um...phoe no....blak no.....ah Damian?” I guess.
“ yeah” he says with a girly-girl voice.
“hey can I ask you something”. I said with a small smile, as I gaze into his beautiful eyes, and he stares into mine and we just stare for what seems like hours but really only a few seconds.
I dream about my first kiss and how I imagine it would be with him (his big red lips awww he looks perfect in my eyes.)
“ hey so do you know why Blake got into that fight and …..who won?” I asked
“ well.....because someone started saying bad things about........Phoebe.
Blake won but got a little hurt because it was him against 3 other guys, you can call him protective,” he said staring at me.
“ those....those STUPID people.....I'm not going to say it......I'm not going to SAY IT.” I said as Damian began laughing.
“ burrrrh I'm tired and freezing” I say with a fake shiver.
“ here (handing me his jacket) and you can lean on me.....like a pillow...If you want?” he said shyly.
“thanks, you know when I first meet you i thought you were a bad boy and could not respect a girl,but......now I see that I shouldn't judge a book by its cover or in this case a BOY by its cover.” i said with a slight laugh, (as I lay on his chest.) his heartbeat sounds like music to my ears, his smell like freshly baked cookies, and his heat like a warm day at the beach.
I hope this moment would NEVER end.... “sceeeerch” Uggg that dreadful sound burned my ears. I slowly walked out of the bus and just as I reached the half way mark in the street...(hey well I at least still have his jacket)
“BANG>>>BANG>>>BANG” I hear as my reflex made me drop to the ground and duck. When I turn around to see who shot the gun, I couldn't even acknowledge what I saw, keeping my eyes half closed because I was afraid of the turnout. I finally got up the courage to open my eyes, but I regret it........ “DAMIAN” I scream as I see him laying on the ground surrounded in a pool of blood...
As more and more people run out of their houses and crowd him....I run over to his side and kneel down in the pool of blood, I lay my head on his chest...
“CALL 911” I yell frantically at the top of my voice (I notice a bullet hole.....but I didn't hear breathing coming from his mouth and no beat from his chest. I thought he was gone... “NOOOOOOOOOO”.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT