I Hate That I Love You

Epilogue One

Nine Months Later

Alex

It's just past when I wake up by a slap in the face. Moaning, I turn and then realize Bailey's up and she consciously hit me. I roll back to ask her what I did this time, when I see that she's sitting up, and breathing hard. Clutching the sheets, she makes a face. "A-Alex?"

"Bailey? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I immediately wake up, throwing the tangling covers off myself to see to her needs. It's been a somewhat tough pregnancy and she's had to be on bedrest the last week with swollen ankles. Rubbing her back, I use my other hand to brush her hair from her face.

"She's c-coming," she chokes out.

Oh shoot.

My eyes widen as Bailey starts to stand up, holding her huge stomach. It reminds me that I've been telling her for the last five months how good she looks being fat, but she never found it very funny. Then I shake that from my head, trying to concentrate- I'm going to be a dad!

Hurriedly I pull on jeans and a shirt, clothes I've been keeping close by just in case this might happen. We'd been warned that we never know when the baby will arrive, so keep things handy at all times. Bailey stumbles into a simple and easy maternity dress as I grab the overnight bag, and rush it into the car. Coming back for her, she painstakingly makes it down the stairs, and into the car.

"How're you doing?" I grab her hand as we drive downtown.

"In pain," she snaps. She's been moody with the harmones as well, but I let it slide off like it was suggested. She groans. "I'm never being pregnant again."

We've reached the emergency doors. I kiss her cheek. "We'll see." I wink and grab the nearest ER doctor by the door. "My wife is pregnant, and- and the baby's coming," I blurt in a jumbled mess, dragging him out. He has to pause and get a wheelchair while I frantically wait, my nerves beginning to fry.

An hour later, we're both exhausted and tired, but nothing's happened yet. The contractions are still too far apart, and Bailey refuses to take any medication that might harm the child. So I'm hovering over her as she painfully wait and waits. I've already called everyone and they should be here soon.

"How are you doing?"

"In pain," is her only response and she groans. "Alex, I blame you."

I kiss her cheek, brushing back her already sweat drenched hair. "You're doing good, Bailey. Stop thinking about the pain. Think about her. We never decided on a name."

She snorts. "I don't really care right now."

"Well let's work on one right now anyways," I grin brightly, forcing my nerves back so it won't freak her out. Her shaking is enough to hide my own and there's a chair close in case I can't hold myself up any longer. But really, two years ago? I never would have thought I'd be here now. An album just barely out in stores and now I'm having a kid. Or, she's having my kid... "What about Jasey?"

Bailey rolls her eyes. "No."

"Stella?"

"Heavens, no."

"Uh... Sunday."

Bailey pauses. "I actually like that."

I grin. "Okay, there's one option. What about you?"

Licking her chapped lips, she shakes her head. "I can't remember the names we- we once considered... with your parents," she mumbles. "Alex!" She snaps suddeny, glaring. "Are they coming down?"

"I had to tell them," I protest. She moans. "Sweetie, trust me, they won't be a bother, okay? And how else will we know what to do with our baby? I think the only one you've ever held was the plastic one in the single parenting class session you attended."

"You have a point. I hate you."

"I love you, too." I kiss her forehead. "Now, names, love. Think of something."

Three painful, shaky hours later, a six pound-seven ounce baby girl is gently placed in Bailey's arms. I can barely blink, not wanting to miss a single moment of this beautiful moment. My heart swells and I feel like I'm watching a mushy movie- except it's really happening to me.

"She has your nose," I whisper, bending down and carefully placing a kiss on my wife's forehead. "She's beautiful."

"She is," Bailey sniffs, now a few happy tears trickling down her face. "Just look at her." She bites her lip, barely moving. Our daughter looks... she's stunning. I've never felt this way, even on stage with all those crowds around me. I take a deep breath, still unable to believe this has happened. Am I dreaming? She's already fast asleep, her tiny hands in tiny fists with a tiny pout on her face. Bailey chuckles softly and I realize she's smiling at me.

"What?" I ask, wiping away her tear.

"She already has you wrapped around her finger," she kisses my cheek. "She has both of us." A soft, tired sigh escapes her lips and it's my chance to hold my baby girl.

"Darcy Sunday Gaskarth," I whisper, and kiss her forehead. Names we'd debated on forever, and we weren't too sure they would fit. But looking at her, they're just right. She's perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol you dont have to read it if you dont want to, but heres one.
randomly wrote this one.

next one will be sit in mebbe three/four years..