Status Quo

Holding Out For A Hero

A short, skinny thing pouted, looking back at her cell phone. The sun beating down on her made her tan skin glow. She plucked her aviator sunglasses from her face, exposing chocolate brown eyes to match her straight layered locks.

Her pout deepened into a frown as her screen still showed her background: a picture of her at the beach with a dark-skinned, muscular boy with a crew cut and a surf board.

What is his problem?!” She growled from her seat on the curb in front of her house. Right then, her Samsung Rogue vibrated in her hand. Her smile instantly brightened when the text came from ‘My Baby’.

Hey, Shawna, babe, sorry but I can’t make it. The guys are all going to that place – you know what I’m talkin’ bout – cause we won the football state championchip.

Shawna Woods tightened her grip on her Rouge, imagining it to be her boyfriend’s neck. They had won the championship a few months ago and he had already blown her off so many times to hang with his friends.

She pulled out her compact mirror and studied herself. Golden eye shadow, light plum eyeliner, and nude glossy lips paired with her skimpy yellow-and-purple flower sundress. She was perfectly dolled up for him, and he was going to blow her off again. With a sigh, she picked herself off the curb and made a few calls.

“Is this necessary?” She hissed, tugging hopelessly on her tan trench coat. Riley rolled her eyes, jutting out her hip and put a hand on it.

“This is completely necessary. You need to see it for yourself, and only then can you make your decision.” She pushed her overly-large sunglasses up the bridge of her nose.

“I’m talking about these clothes. It’s suspicious!” Shawna pointed to their matching outfits: tan trench, sunglasses, and hats.

“Your right,” Riley then proceeded to remove hers and grinned at Shawna. “He’s your boyfriend, so you need to go incognito.” While Shawna began to protest, Riley shoved her into the worst club in the city. For a split second, as a car zoomed by, she felt like she was being watched. Flipping off whoever, or whatever, was behind her, she proceeded into the club.

“I’m done here,” Shawna yelled with a shaky voice as she ran past Riley. Riley tried to find Shawna’s boyfriend, and she saw him with three other girls.

“Shawna,” Riley attempted pitifully, hoping to calm down the girl a little after she found her curled up on the sidewalk.

“I’m fine, I know how to get back at him anyway,” Shawna looked up with a slight smile, even with her makeup streaming down her face with her tears. With that, she picked up her Rouge and dialed another number as Riley strutted away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've figured that I'm going to start to double it up - make it so I introduce two characters per chapter. Starting at the next one.

(Holding Out For A Hero (Cover) - Frou Frou)

Yes, this one wasn't that good either.
But I promise that it will pick up next chapter, as I have something planned >=]