We'll Make It Through

Screaming First Imperssions

I had managed to survive a night with my new father. I had waken up a little earlier than normal, I can never sleep in hotel beds. I gently opened the door to find two people sleeping on the couch pull out bed. Jamia and Frank were both out, Frank gently snoring. I couldn't help but to chuckle, oh the things I bet some fan fiction authors could imagine up with this scene.

I gently closed the door and turned on the t.v. After watching italian speaking people in a soap opera I decided I should take a shower. I had no idea what we were going to do today, today was my first day as Frank Iero's daughter. Well if you want to get technical I was always his daughter, but who's keeping track? I slid off my clothes that I hadn't changed since I put them on Yesterday. I turned on the wakr water and got in.

I could hear people come into the hotel, the door kept slamming. And I could also hear the low humms of peoples voices. I closed my eyes and tried to drown them out with singing songs my friends and I ahd come up with at sleepovers. Most of these made no sense and were pretty stupid, but just the thought of my friends comforted me.

I opened my eyes and began looking for the shampoo. I looked in all corners of the shower and even pulled back the shower curtain to look for the mini bottles of shampoo and conditioner. But there was none. I stuck my head bakc into the shower and finaly noticed that just below the shower head were what looked like little despensers. Over one read in english "Shampoo." I laghed at my stupidity and put my hand under the small balck hole and pushed the button.

I think I pushed it way to hard, because shampoo squirted out very fast into my eyes. At first I felt nothing and immediatly slammed my hands to my face, a little to fast. I hit my nose and now it stung with pain and now my eyes were.

A strange thing about me is, I have this habbit of screaming when I'm in quite a bit of pain. And at this moment, I was in a bit more than just "quite a bit"

I let a sharp high noted scream come out of me and I rushed my face into the shower water and tried to rinse my eyes, screaming all the while.

"Lidia!" I heard Frank's voice at the door as he pounded on it.

"Are you all right?!?" he yelled as he came bursting in. I felt all the warm steam leave the bathroom as he drew back the curtain.

I managed to open my eyes at him and scream even more high pitched, "Get out!" Becasue I could see behind him all the guys had flocked to the door and were kinda starring at me, until they guessed the situation and quickly turned their faces or closed their eyes while yelling "Sorry!"

"Get out!" I screamed again as Frank shut his eyes tight.

"I didn't see anything, I swear!" he tried to yell above my screams.

Out of the whole chaos of the screaming and the eye covering I heard someone run into the room, a girl's voice yelled.

"Frank, go!" and I tried to open my eyes as I heard someone stumble out of the room.

The water suddenly turned off and a towel was drapped around me. I felt like I was five again. I grasped the towel around me and clung onto it. I wiped my eyes clear from the soap as I felt warm blood drip down my nose.

Jamia came back over with a handful of tissues and handed them to me. "Hi, I'm Jamia." she said sweetly. She had light brown freckles to match her light brown eyes, her dark black hair short but at the same time still girlie.

"What a first impression," I muttered as I pressed the tissue to my nose and winced at the pain.

She laughed and sat at the toilet. "At least no one saw," she teased lightly.

I managed to laugh. "Well, I guess I can be comfortable changing on the busses now," I muttered miserably.

"I'm sure they won't mention this at all," she reassured.

Wow, she was nothing like my mother. My mom would have laughed and called me an idiot but at the same time help me. My mom and I hadn't been all that close, but she was still my mom, at least she was...

"Except for Gerard...Just ignore him," she laughed.

I groaned. "Why me?" I asked as I pulled back the tissueand folded it to a non-dripping with blood side.

"Cheer up, it wasn't all that bad," she said and brought me over to the counter top in front of the mirror. I was as red as red can get. A fire truck would look pink next to me. She pulled the blow dryer off the wall and began to brush and blow dry my hair.

"I've known you for less than five minutes and we're having a mother and daughter moment," I said reluctantly. I couldn't hide it. I did feel comfortable around her, but I felt like I was betraying my own mom.

She must have picked up on my sadness. "Don't think of it that way, think of it as, a make over. Yeah that's it, we're at a sleep over and I'm doing your hair," she said and smiled at me in the mirror.

She finished drying my hair and even got my clothes for me.

"I think I can get my clothes on my own," I said trying to make it sound as polite as possible. She smiled and left.

I put on my bra and shirt then it came down to my pants. I held them up to the light, these were the pants I was going to get rid of because they were geting a little to tight.

"Lidia verses skinny jeans, round one," I mumbled to myself as I pulled them up onto me.

"Stupid tight pants get on!" I said as I tried to pull them up past my thighs.

"I wonder where I get my thighs from," I mumbled sarcasticly