‹ Prequel: Brooklyn
Status: Completed! ;)

Car Crash Hearts

F o u r t e e n

The whole room erupted in laughter at Jack's joke.

My dad, who was still laughing, came over to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

"B, why haven't you mentioned this boy before?" My dad laughed as he motioned over to Jack.

I smiled weakly. "No clue."

EVERYONE was loving Jack.
Great, I know.

"Oh, you two would be the perfect couple!" My Grandma gushed.

I looked over at Jack, who was smiling right at me.

"Jackawy!" Izzy ran over to Jack and started tugging on his shirt. "Let's go pway outside again!"

Jack looked down at her and laughed and swooped her up in his arms. "Kay, kiddo."

"Yay!" All the other kids ran after him outside.

"He's quite the catch." My aunt Jamie said, taking a drink of whatever she was drinking.

I was silent.

"Why aren't you out there with him?"

"What?"

"You like him, don't you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No! We used to date, but not anymore." I walked over and looked out the window. Jack was running around and all the littler kids were running after him. I could hear them screaming and laughing.

"Ah, he's an ex." She nodded, "But trust me, he still likes you then."

I looked over at her. "And you know that how?"

"I have a gift." She laughed. Jamie grabbed my shoulders and shoved me forward a little bit towards the door. "You two should talk."

"I can't." I muttered.

"Why?"

"I have a boyfriend."

"Who?"

"Nick Santino."

She nodded again. "Yeah, from like, A Rocket To The Sun?"
I laughed a little at her mistake and decided not to correct it.

"Yeah."

"Well hun, don't take this wrong way, "She smirked, "But screw him. Go for Jack."

"What? I can't just-"

"Oh for god's sake, Brooklyn, GO!" Jamie laughed and shut me out the door.

I turned around quickly but the door was already shut and locked.

Jamie was pointed at Jack through the window.

"Jamie! Let me in! I'm not going to-"

"Brooklyn!" Bobby yelled behind me.

"Woah, wait, what?!" All the kids tackled me.
Whoo-freaking-hoo.

"Nice job, kids. Mission accomplished." Jack smirked.

All my little relatives scrambled off of me.

"So, are you here to join our game of Catch Jack?"

I shook my head and stood up, brushing the dirt of my jean shorts and plaid shirt. "No."

"Well then you're missing out." Jack said.

"Yewah!" Izzy nodded quickly.

"Alright, I'll play once, but only for you!" I pointed at Izzy.

"Okay then." Jack smirked again. He ran over to the opposite side of the yard.

"Come on Bwookwyn! We have'ta catch Jackawy!" Izzy and Bobby tugged on my shirt, dragging me towards Jack.

"Okay, okay!" I laughed. They let go of my hands and pushed me forward.

"Go catch him!" Bobby said.

"Yeah!" Izzy agreed.

Were these kids trying to tell me something?

"Fine," I ran over towards Jack.

"You can't catch me!" He yelled, running behind the swings.

"Yes I can!" I yelled back, running in front of the swings.

"No you can't!" He stuck his tongue out.

"Can too!" I jumped between the two swings and wrapped my arms around him.

"Well, well, well," He looked down at me.

Bobby, Izzy, and my other relatives, Remy, Lexi, Liv, and Bessie, all gathered around us.

"They're gonna kiss," Remy whispered to Lex. Lexi giggled quietly.

He wrapped his arms around my waste.

"Jack," I sighed.

"Come on," He whispered.

"But I'm dating-"

"Kiss her!" Jamie screamed from the porch.

I rolled my eyes as he leaned his head down and pressed our foreheads together.

"I-"

"Oh would just let me kiss you already? Damn!" He laughed and pressed his lips to mine.

I pulled away and looked down.

"Look, I just-" I looked over at Izzy, who looked kind of...Well, heartbroken. "I'll see you later." I yanked free from his grip and ran inside.

I plopped down on my grandma's couch. "Well fuck the shit." I mumbled.

X

I was still sitting on the couch.
After an hour later.

I got up once, and that was to give my uncle a hug since he had to leave early.

"Honey, are you dead or something?" My grandmother came in and sat down near my feet.

"Yes." I groaned.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really." I sat up.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I don't feel very well now." I lied.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

I nodded and stood up. "Yeah. Um, do you know where Hally is?"

My grandma furrowed her eyebrows. "She already left. She said you were getting a ride with Jack to your hotel, or wherever you're staying."

I groaned and walked out of the living room into the kitchen where Jack and my dad were.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" Jack asked me.

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Alright then, let's go."

After I said my goodbyes to the remaining family members still there, Jack and I headed to his car.

When we got in he asked, "So, can we talk now?"

I looked down at the car floor. "Fine." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, my dears.
Here's the next chapters.

Geeze, don't you remember when I would personally thank you for commenting?
I've been so lazy, these days....:P