Status: Thanks for reading!

It Wasn't Meant To Turn Out Like This

Acceptance

Mayza found the usual stack of bills and junk mail in the mailbox as she took her daily routine walk out to the mailbox to grab the mail for that day. As she skimmed through the pile of envelopes as she walked back inside, she paused at one that had Brian’s name on it. Upon closer inspection, she realized that it was a letter from a record label called Good Life Recordings.

Mayza knew Brian and his friends had been trying to get their band Avenged Sevenfold on its feet, sending demos to record labels in an attempt to get recognized. Mayza had listened in on a few of their practices and even though she wasn’t one to pay much attention to human music, she had to admit they sounded a hell of a lot better than a lot of stuff she heard on the radio. Separating the letter from the rest of the mail, she took the bills and junk mail into the kitchen and set it on the counter beside the refrigerator for Suzy to look at when she got home. Then, Mayza headed upstairs to deliver the letter to Brian.

“Oh, another rejection?” Brian asked bitterly when he saw Mayza step into his room with the envelope in her hand. He sat up where he lay on his bed and accepted the envelope.

He began to slowly open it as Mayza stood at the foot of his bed. He didn’t look excited like he had the first letter he’d received from a record label. Of course, all the letters they’d received since graduation three weeks earlier were kindred rejection letters saying their material wasn’t what the respective record label was “looking for”. Mayza could understand Brian’s pessimism and lack of interest.

Brian pulled the letter out, carefully unfolded it, and let his eyes begin to wander down the page as he skimmed through looking for anything promising. His eyes suddenly widened, and his gaze shot back to the top of the letter as he read it more thoroughly this time through. As he read further and further, his face began to light up and his eyes began to glimmer. Mayza waited patiently, knowing he would explain once he was finished.

Suddenly, he threw the letter down onto the bed. He leaped off of the bed, at Mayza’s side in an instant, and threw his arms around her. He lifted her clean off the floor, spun around once, and then placed her back down. An ear-to-ear grin had overtaken his face. He seized the letter from his bed and held it up.

“We’ve been signed, Mayza!” Brian yelled excitedly. “We’ve been signed! Come on!”

He grabbed her hand and practically dragged her into the hall and down the staircase. Mayza struggled to keep up so she wouldn’t fall flat on her face.

“Where are we going?” Mayza asked as they burst out the front door. Brian pulled her down the sidewalk.

“We have to tell the guys to meet in the practice garage!” Brian answered. “You go that way, I’ll go this way! Don’t take no for an answer and don’t tell them what’s going on!”

“Alright,” Mayza said before turning and flying away in the direction Brian pointed to retrieve all his band mates.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT! FOR CHRIST'S SAKE COMMENT! YOU ARE KILLING ME RIGHT NOW!