Status: Thanks for reading!

It Wasn't Meant To Turn Out Like This

One Day

Mayza walked through the door into the recording studio with a tin of cookies held in her hands, only to be forced to duck as a skinny wooden object came spiraling towards her face. She managed to duck just in time, and the drumstick whizzed over her head and slammed hard into the door right where her head had been. It bounced off the door and landed at her feet, rolling a few inches before coming to a stop. Mayza cautiously straightened up, keeping an eye out for any more drumsticks. She picked up the drumstick missile and stepped further into the room, looking around for the band.

The guys were currently working hard on their first album, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. The five of them practically lived at the studio nowadays, and Mayza had been quick to volunteer to deliver the cookies Suzy made just so she could see the guys.

Jimmy stormed out of the room where he sat recording, holding one drumstick in his hand. He didn’t look happy at all. His expression soon changed to one of shock when he saw it was Mayza he’d nearly hit with the drumstick.

“I am so sorry!” Jimmy said quickly, hurrying over to Mayza and accepting his drumstick back. “I keep missing up this one part of the song...Are those cookies?” He peered curiously at the tin in Mayza’s hands.

“Yeah, Suzy made them,” Mayza answered, prying off the top of the container and offering it to Jimmy. He took one of the cookies right as Brian stepped out of another room. Brian took the tin of cookies from Mayza and disappeared back into the room he had come from. Jimmy and Mayza followed him into the little kitchen area in the studio. He put the tin on one of the counters and the rest of his band mates fell upon it like a bunch of starving lions on a buffalo carcass.

“How is everything going?” Mayza asked, pulling herself up onto a counter.

“The money we got from the record label isn’t lasting,” Matt grumbled around his cookie, spraying cookie bits all over Johnny, who sat across from him. Johnny made noises of discontent at him, his mouth too full of cookie to do anything more.

“The recording is going well, however,” Zacky said, obviously trying to sound optimistic.

“Yeah, the record label set us up with a tour across the country once the summer is over,” Brian added. “We should have the album done by then. The record label hopes that it’ll get us on the map, maybe start up a fan base.”

“So, you guys are confident that you’ll become a big band one day, then?” Mayza asked.

“No doubt,” Zacky answered instantly. “Just the first couple of years are going to be a bitch.”

Mayza smiled. She hopped down off of the counter. “I better be returning to the house. Good luck with your endeavors today.”

All the guys said farewell and Mayza left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, and I changed Mayza's height to 4'11" instead of 4 foot even because it's more convenient if she's taller.

And I'm really sorry it's so boring! The next chapter is a filler as well, but the chapter after that is when things start moving forward. I just need to put these extra chapters in because I can't skip, like, 5 years and then try to explain everything that's happened. But I promise, things start to pick up in Chapter 10. Please stick it out with these boring chapters. You'll be glad you did (I hope).