Status: Indefinite Hiatus until furhter notice

Fallen Angels Rising Star

Whispers and Shouts

Terry sighed and crawled out of bed after finally falling asleep sometime after 3am, debating on if he should go to school or not. He didn't really want to face Amber after what happened yesterday, worried she might be upset at him for causing him to reveal her past.

"Terry, can I come in?"

He sighed and sat up straight. He had completely forgotten about his mom last night while he was with Amber. He didn't really want to talk to his mom, but he knew he would have to.

"Yea, one sec" He replied. He got up and went to open the door for her. When he saw her, she looked like she hadn't gotten any more sleep than he did.

She held out his keys, dropping them in his hand. "I'm sorry about yesterday morning, i should have taken my car".

He just smiled and laughed out loud. "Don't worry about it, its fine, I overreacted anyway".

His mom smiled and hugged him. "Thank you Terry, you've been such a huge help since your dad left, it's kept me grounded these past few years... Now, what say you get ready for school, and I'll cook breakfast"? Without waiting for a reply, she walked off, looking much happier.
_____________

Terry spotted Amber as soon as he pulled up, sitting by herself reading her book. As he walked up behind her, he could hear her music playing from a few feet away.

Oh Baby,
I Be Stuck To You,
Like Glue Baby,
Wanna Spend It All On You,
Baby,
My Room Is the G Spot,
Call Me Mr. Flintstone,
I Can Make Your Bed Rock


He laughed, he didn't think she liked music like that. She turned around and looked at him, her face instantly lighting up.

"Hey, what’s so funny"? She asked, looking confused. He just looked at her, still grinning.

"I just didn't you listened to that type of music'

"Oh... well, i do" She looked a little sheepish, but he just chuckled and nodded towards the doors.

"We should go, Homeroom starts soon." She nodded and they started walking that way in total silence.

"So... about yesterday, sorry about that, I didn't mean for--"

"It's ok, I needed to talk to someone, and your honestly the first person that I’ve told that too.... not even my dad knows" Amber said quietly, looking down.

Terry was torn, he didn't know whether to comfort her or just let her be, so he just put his arm around her and let her lean against him. By the time they got to homeroom, she had calmed down and they took their seats as the teacher began speaking. Terry felt something brush against his arm, and when he looked down, he saw a folded piece of paper. He took it and read what was written on it.

Hey, you ok?

He smiled and pulled out a pencil.

Yea, I’m fine, just didn’t get much sleep

You sure? You seem out of it

Yea, I’m good

Ok, do you have anything to do after school today?

No, why?

I have something to show you

What—

The paper was pulled from under Terry’s pencil and he looked up in to the face of his homeroom teacher.

“Mr. Mars, how are you today?” Terry said nonchalantly.

He just looked at and walked off, throwing the note way in as he walked to his desk. About that time the bell rang to go to first period and both Terry and Amber where happy to get out of that room.
--------
“Is he dating her?”

“What does she see in him?”

“Why does he want her, he could have some a better girl”

“God, she must be stupid or something”

Terry sighed and rubbed his temples. He had heard whispers like that all day, and been thrown looks and was getting tired of it. Terry wasn’t one to get angry often, but his tolerance only when so far, the only people who even seemed remotely happy that Terry had made a new friend where his theater classmates.

“If you’re thinking about annoying me about Amber, you better just walk off,” Terry said without looking up from his book.

“Now why would we want to do that?”

Terry turned around and saw Jen and Amber both standing behind him. Jen seemed slightly annoyed, but it was no big secret that she disliked Amber because she was nominated for homecoming princess for their class and she wasn’t.

“So you’ve heard the whispers and rumors going around school too?” Amber asked as she sat down next to him.

“You mean everything people are saying are rumors, I never would have guessed” Terry said, sarcasm dripping in his voice. Amber rolled her eyes and Jen slapped him on the back of the head (imagine the Gibbs slap from NCIS) as she walked by and say down in front of him.

“You don’t have to be a smart ass,” Jen said as she opened her book.

Terry chuckled and rolled his eyes.
----------
“What do you have to show me?”

“You’ll see, and quit asking”

Terry sighed for what seemed like the millionth time since starting this trek with Amber. Right after school they had gotten in his car and drove to his house so no one would see them. She had taken his hand as soon as they stepped inside, and Terry felt some of the stress of the day evaporate as soon as their hands touched. Now they were walking through the woods that were on the out skirts of the compound.

“We are here,” Amber said quietly, and she removed the cloth covering his eyes and he audibly gasp. Terry was standing about five feet from the deepest drop off he had ever seen, to him, it was both terrifying and beautiful.

“Wow… this is amazing,” Terry said just as quietly as Amber had earlier. Amber nodded and took his hand again, and he tightened his fingers in hers. Terry looked to his right and found Amber looking at him. He starting leaning toward her, and then----

BOOM

And explosion strong enough to shake the ground was heard from the direction of the village. He looked at Amber and they both started running to the village, hearing shouts as they got closer. When they arrived at the hills outside the village, what they saw shook them to their very cores. They saw building that had been crushed, bodies laying on the ground, some moving, some still.

In the middle of the town was a crater easily three meters deep and standing in it was a being that just oozed darkness and death. He looked at them and shot a bolt of dark energy at them.

The last thing terry felt was a feeling of extreme cold then nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writen at school, read and enjoy :)
You know the drill
J