Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter One

Jazmyn woke to the morning light seeping through her window. Turning her head, she saw the bright red numbers on her clock that read 8:15 am. She sighed with relief knowing she hadn’t slept through the call that would be coming five minutes from now.

As if on cue; the familiar sound of her ringtone rang through her phone. She grabbed her Samsung Impression off the nightstand and answered the call she’s been anticipating for since the night before.

“Hello?”

“Are you awake yet?” A smile present in his voice.

“I woke up five minutes ago.” She sat up in her full-sized bed. “I was lying here, waiting for you to call.”

“I guess this wake up call was useless then.” He chuckled.

“No,” she threw her comforter off her body, finally getting out of bed and walking into her private bathroom. “What time will you get here?”

“Tim says they’re picking me up at 9. So we’ll be there around 10.”

“Great. I’m so excited, John.” I smiled, leaning my back against the sink.

“Me too, Jaz.” He sighed. “I’ll call you back, babe. My Mom wants to make sure I have all my necessities.”

I laughed. “Okay. I love you.”

“I love you too. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I set my phone down on the sink behind me and turned around to look at my reflection. My tired brown eyes had bags under them, even with the plenty of sleep I usually get. My dark brown hair was a disheveled mess that when left naturally wavy, reached my mid-back, and when straightened, was up to my elbows. I lifted my hand and touched the ring pierced on the right side of my nose, tugging at it a little; this has become a horrible habit of mines.

I sighed loudly deciding I wasn’t going to get prettier or uglier no matter how long I stared at myself. After adjusting the handles of the shower to produce warm water, I stripped off my clothes and left them on the bathroom floor.

Stepping into the tub and feeling the almost hot water pounding against my skin relaxed my muscles. Before letting my skin get pruny, I quickly shampooed my hair and soaped my body.

Wrapping a towel around my hair and another around my body, I stepped out of the tub letting my moist feet hit my used clothes on the floor. I picked up the clothes and threw them in my hamper before walking into my closet.

Almost half of my clothes were packed in the two Victoria's Secret duffle bags that lay on my bedroom floor. I quickly picked out my blue and white striped crop t-shirt, along with acid washed skinny jeans, and a pair of studded hi top Converse. I slipped on my clothes and shoes and walked back into my room.

And for the second time today; my phone rang right on cue.

I looked at the caller I.D. before answering my phone. “Have I ever told you, you have fantastic timing?”

“Just finished getting ready?” John asked.

“Yup,” I replied, picking up what luggage I could carry with one hand and headed downstairs.

“Good. We just left my house; so we’re on our way.”

“Okay, I’ll be here.” I said while setting my duffle bags down by the front door.

“Don’t go anywhere; I’ve got two whole months with you to myself.” He said with a laugh.

“Oh yeah, but don’t worry; you’ll always have Garrett, Kenny, Jared, oh, and don’t forget Pat!”

“B-but they’re not as cute as you are!” He whined.

“Yeah, yeah. Are you here yet?” I glanced at the living room clock before jogging back up the stairs to grab my purse.

“Uh, almost. About 10 minutes away.”

“Okay, well let me know when you’re really here; I need to say bye to my Mom.”

“Alright, talk to you later.”

“Bye.”

I hung up and shoved my phone in the back pocket of my jeans before picking up my purse on my bed and heading downstairs.

“Mom?” I asked walking into the kitchen.

“Mhm,” she replied after taking a sip of her coffee. “Are you all packed?” She asked getting off her seat by the kitchen counter.

“Yeah, they’re on their way now.” I took a banana from the fruit bowl and slowly peeled it.

“Okay, well have fun and take care, okay?” She placed both her hands on either side of my face and kissed me on the forehead.

“I will.” I replied hugging her back just as my very punctual boyfriend walked into the kitchen.

“John, how’d you get in?” My Mom asked, letting go of my face.

John smiled innocently, holding up the spare key that was hidden under a cactus plant placed in front of our house. My Mom playfully glared at him, taking the key from his hand and left to return it.

“Hey, baby.” John walked up; standing where my Mom once stood and kissed me on the cheek.

“Mmm,” I replied with half of the banana still in my mouth. I held up the rest of the banana to him, indicating that I didn’t want anymore. John took the rest of the banana from my hand and ate it and threw away the peel.

“You guys should probably head out now, you don't want to hit traffic.” My Mom walked back into the kitchen, checking her watch. “Plus, those boys are getting restless out there.”

After storing my luggage inside the tour bus compartment, and saying a final goodbye to my mother, the boys and I were on the bus off to Pomona, California.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmyn Ashley