Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Twelve

John’s Point Of View

I strolled to the kitchen table of 3OH!3’s bus, throwing away my now empty, red Dixie cup in the provided trash can.

People were everywhere, drinks occupying either their hands or lips. Music was blasting from the bus’ stereo system and everyone was dancing.

Jazmyn was leaning against the bathroom door, wearing her velvet, wine red bralette and black Jeffrey Campbell Ford heels, hanging out with Jennie. I averted my eyes and saw Demi in a turquoise dress mixing up drinks for me and her.

“I hope you know what you’re doing.” I shouted over the loud people and music.

“I don’t know much about alcohol.” She handed me her creation. “But I do know it gets you drunk.” She took a sip of hers.

“Trying to get me drunk, are you?” I smirked and took a sip of the mix. She wouldn’t have to try so hard, after all; I was already past moderately drunk. “What’s in it?” I took another sip, it taste like bitter fruit punch.

“Just drink it.” She said. I took the last gulp of the drink, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. “More?” She offered me hers.

“Nope,” I threw away that cup. “I think I’m good for the night.” I said trying to see straight, my vision was starting to blur but I think I could handle it. “Let’s take a walk?”

She nodded her head, putting down her halfway finished cup. “Okay.”

She followed me past the sea of people dancing, outside to the lot occupied by various tour buses on a humid night in Uniondale, New York.

We walked quietly side-by-side, enjoying each other’s company. She reached for my hand, lacing her fingers with mine. My palms were sweating uncontrollably, and she probably felt it too. If she did, she didn’t seem to mind. By now I really couldn’t see straight. I gripped her hand tighter to keep from stumbling. She was a much shorter than me, but a good few inches taller than Jazmyn.

“Sit.” Demi motioned to me, patting the concrete beside her. I blinked a few times, trying to register everything that’s happened so far: Party. Alcohol. Demi.

My gut is telling me to run the hell away and find Jazmyn. But fuck it. I’m pissed drunk. Demi I knew was still sober. I don’t even think she likes to drink all that much.

I turned and looked at her. She was looking up at the clear night sky. My hand subconsciously placed itself lightly beneath her chin, inching her face closer to mines. Why was this happening? And more importantly; why couldn’t I bring my drunken ass to stop it?

I smiled at her, forgetting about her relationship with one of my friends, and forgetting all about my relationship with Jazmyn. At this point; she was just another girl who wanted to get in my pants.

She smiled and positioned her hand behind my neck, and made my lips crash into hers. I could only taste alcohol in our kiss. It was nothing special, but definitely something new to me. She pressed herself closer to me and ran her hands up my chest.

“Ahem.” We heard someone loudly clear their throat.

I pushed Demi away by her shoulders and caught my breath, looking behind us to see Jared with the most confused and angered face I’ve ever seen.

“I’m gonna go get a another drink.” I stood up abruptly.

“Will you come back?” Demi asked quickly, not letting me go yet.

“Sure.” I said lying to her.

I slowly walked towards Jared, either hands in my front pant pocket and my head down, feeling mortified of the level of cheating I did. I inevitably walked passed Jared, not wanting to explain myself right now.

“What the hell is going on, JohnO?” He asked fuming. I ignored him, reaching the door of our bus. “What the fuck is going on?” He repeated, still fuming.

“I kissed Demi.” I shrugged slightly like it was no big deal, taking a seat on the couch.

“Okay, care to explain why you cheated on Jazmyn?” He asked sarcastically.

I cringed at the thought of Jazmyn. Her name alone made me think of the possibility of what’s going happen if she finds out. How I royally screwed up the best thing in my life right now.

“I don’t fucking know why, Jared.” I put my head in my hands.

“How long?” he asked taking a seat next to me.

“How long what?” I looked at him.

“Has this been going on.”

“Nothings been going on; I kissed her twice.” I felt more shameful as I said this all aloud.

“Does Jazmyn know?” He stupidly asked.

“Of course she doesn’t know.” It was my turn to become angry and annoyed. All the thoughts running through my head and the alcohol were taking its effect on me.

“Well do you intend on telling her?”

“Fuck, Jared. What is with all these questions?” I blew up, loosing my temper.

“Look, John. You’re one of my best friends, and so is Jazmyn.” He stood up. “I suggest you get your shit together and figure out how the hell you’re going to explain this to her.” I stared at him, knowing there was more to his speech. “And you better tell her, soon. Or else I will.” He had seriousness written all over his face.

Jared left for his bunk, leaving me sitting on the couch to face my biggest regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmyn Ashley