Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Sixteen

“Jaz, are you okay in there?” Jennie asked, knocking on the bathroom door of Rocket’s tour bus.

“Mmmhm,” I cleared my throat a bit. “Yeah, I’ll be out in a sec.”

It’s 8:15 in the morning and we are in St. Petersburg, Florida. And for three days straight, I’ve woken up early to jump out of bed and run to the bathroom to throw the content of my insides out. I’m convinced that I’ve only caught the flu. So I’m not worried.

And for the past four days I’ve been staying on Rocket’s bus. Staying on the bus with John would be too awkward, and seeing his face would only make me cry. Especially with Dirk and Demi there too. But rumor has it Dirk kicked her to the curb once he found out, putting her on the first flight back to Texas. As for his relationship with John, I have only heard, from Eric, that although there’s tension between them, they’re okay. Apparently Demi admitted to it all being her fault, so Dirk couldn’t be too mad at John.

I stood up from the tiny bathroom floor, brushing my teeth for the second time this morning.

“You alright?” Jennie asked as I stepped out of the bathroom.

“Yeah,” I said rubbing my hand in a circle motion over my tummy. “I’m hungry though.”

“What the fuck? Did you not just throw up?” She questioned.

“I did, but for some reason I’m hungry.” I tied my hair in a high pony tail.

“Okay, well let’s get you some food then.” She put down the magazine in her hands and got up from the couch.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Holy fuck, would you leave some food for the rest of us?” Garrett complained, claiming the last pancake for himself.

“I’m sowwy!” I mumbled, trying to talk and eat at the same time, shoving a piece of maple syrup-drenched pancake into my already stuffed mouth.

“Yeah, dude, why don’t you slow down?” Jennie asked, cutting her pancake in bite-size pieces and putting them one by one in her mouth, bite after bite.

I swallowed the remaining food in my mouth before speaking. “Sorry,” then taking a drink of my orange juice.

“You’ve been eating a whole lot lately.” Kennedy noticed.

“I’m sick, I think.” I shrugged it off.

We all finished our breakfast and were heading off to watch the boys do their soundcheck. Jennie and I were the last to get up from the table, and before I could follow directly behind Pat, she held my arm making me stop.

“Whoa.” I said from the sudden light jerk. “What’s up, Jen?”

“Are you seriously feeling all right?” She asked with seriousness in her eyes.

“Yeah, I think I’ve just caught the flu, that’s all.” I reassured her.

“I don’t think so, Jazmyn.” She crossed her arms. “You’ve been throwing up every morning and eating more than usual.”

“Okay… What are you getting at?” I crossed my arms as well, not sure where she was going with this.

She rolled her eyes, obviously irritated that I wasn’t following. “When was the last time you got your period?”

“Oh!” I exclaimed. My eyes widen, “You think I’m spaghetti sauce?”

“I don’t know if you’re Prego or not. When was the last time you got your period?” She repeated.

“Uh…” I thought; I couldn’t even remember what I wore yesterday. “I can’t remember.” I smiled nervously, knowing my answer wasn’t helping.

Ay dios mÌo!” Jennie proclaimed in Spanish. “Come on.” She grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me with her.

“Where are we going?”

“Getting you a pregnancy test.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmyn Ashley

What's everyone up to this summer?

Love, Jazmyn Ashley