Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Two

“Are we there yet?” I whined, leaning my head on John’s shoulder.

The others groaned. “For the fifth time: no.” Garrett replied.

“We’re all excited too, Jaz, but jeez.” Kennedy laughed.

“You don’t understand, Kenny.” I lift my head off John’s shoulder. “I miss my best friend!”

“I’m right here, duh.” Garrett playfully rolled his eyes.

“Not you, fool. I miss my Jennifer!”

“Well you’re in luck; it looks like we just pulled into the parking lot.” Jared said, emerging from the back of the bus.

“Yes!” I stood up and pumped my fist into the air.

“And this is your girlfriend?” Pat asked looking at John.

I flipped him off and yelled at the bus driver to park faster.

Stepping off the bus, I immediately pulled out my cell phone from my pants and dialed Jennie’s number. After the second ring, the familiar “hello” of my best friend echoed through my phone.

“Where are you?” I asked excitedly.

“We literally just parked. Are you here yet?”

“Yeah, we’re starting to unload already.” I said while walking to the trailer of the bus to help unload light equipment with my phone pressed between my shoulder and ear.

“Oh, oh I think I see you!”

“Where?!” I gently put down the box of t-shirts on the ground and looked around for my best friend. Having to turn around completely, only a few feet away I saw my best friend hang up her phone and vastly walk towards me. “Jennie!” I exclaimed and met her halfway.

“Jazmyn!” she mimicked.

“I miss you!” I embraced her in a hug.

“I miss you too!” She hugged me back.

“You need to come visit me more often.” I told her, letting go from our hug.

“Tempe is too far.” She replied. “You should visit me.”

“Yeah, well Chico is too far.” We laughed and continued to catch up with each other since we last saw one another in early May during the Alternative Press Tour.

Halfway through our conversation, Jennie’s boyfriend of a little over one year, Justin Richards, disrupted our intense conversation about the size of tapioca pearls.

“Hi, Justin,”

“Hey, Jazmyn,” he said giving me a small hug. “Where’s JohnO?”

“Uh, that’s a good question.” I said looking around, completely forgetting about his whereabouts, or the whereabouts of the other guys I came here with.

He laughed. “That’s alright; I’ll go find him.”

“Thanks, Justin.” I smiled.

“No problem.” He gave Jennie a quick kiss before disappearing into the developing crowd at the venue.

“How are you guys, anyway?” Jennie questioned.

“Who?” I asked, turning my attention back to my best friend.

“You and John,” she said switching her weight from one foot to the other.

“Oh, we’re good. As good as being together for four years can get.” I laughed.

“Has it really been four years? Wow.” Jennie said amazed.

“Right? It feels longer.” I chuckled.

“And you’re not tired of him?”

“Surprisingly; no,”

“I think you guys are meant to be.” I smiled widely.

“Maybe,”
♠ ♠ ♠
This and the next chapter lets you know what kind of relationship John and Jazmyn (pretend me haha) have.