Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Five

John’s Point Of View

It’s been a week into Warped and we were in Dallas, Texas. I sat in our air condition-filled bus watching Garrett kick Kennedy’s ass in Guitar Hero. Our set didn’t start until 4 and the Texas heat was too much to bear, so most of us decided to stay in.

“Hey guys.” Jazmyn stumbled into the front lounge, attempting to put on her right ankle boot. I raised my eyebrow at her with a smirk upon my face. And she returned the motion.

“Going somewhere?” I questioned.

“Yup,” she said finally getting both shoes on her feet. “Jennie and I are going shopping! So we’ll pretty much be gone all day.” She shoved her phone in her purse along with her wallet.

“Have fun.” I told her as she kissed me on the cheek.

“Will do, don’t miss me too much.” She laughed and left the bus.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t think you guys can mosh to this one but uh; it’s very slow. I think I’ve seen it done before it’s kinda fucked up, it’s kinda weird; you guys just kinda move in slow motion. This next song is very slow, it’s uh; it’s called 'Into Your Arms', if you guys know it; help me out. I want everybody to put that arm around the person next to them right now.” I paused and looked into the crowd. “Now stick out your tongue: both of you, now touch it to their tongue.” I laughed at the few people who listened to me and the many that gave me weird looks, “Gotcha!” The opening keys of the song started to play. “Help me out if you know it, this is for Michael Jackson.”

Our set ended and I walked towards our merch tent hoping Jazmyn came back early. I was slightly disappointed to see Vito casually talking with Demi. I approached them finishing off the water bottle I had in my hands.

“Hey.” I said getting under the tent and shielding myself from the sun.

“What’s up, JohnO?” Vito replied.

“Nothing really. Is Jazmyn back yet?” I asked, hoping she was just in the bus.

“I haven’t seen her around.” Vito said looking at Demi.

“Neither have I. Where’d she go?” Demi asked.

“Shopping with Jennie,” she nodded her head in response. “I’ll be in the bus; it’s way to fucking hot!” I complained.

“Cry baby.” Vito muttered.

“I’ll go with you.” Demi got up. “I need to find Dirk anyways.”

“Alright,” I waited for her to gather her belongings and we headed towards the buses. “So how long have you and Dirk been dating?” I asked starting a conversation.

“Two months.” She stated.

“Ooh.” I nodded my head up and down. “Are you in love?” I teased slightly nudging her.

“Shut up, John.” She playfully hit my chest. We reached my bus and I unlocked the door, stepping aside to let her in first. I shut the door behind me and sat on the couch, turning on the television. “John?” Demi questioned.

I turned away from the TV to see her sitting on the couch opposite of me, “Hm?”

“I know we just met and we hardly talk, but I feel like I can trust you.” She fumbled with her hands.

“Okay.” I sat up indicating she had my full attention.

“When you asked me if I was in love, with Dirk, I…” She paused and took a breath. “I thought I did, even if we’ve only been dating for two months. He’s a great guy and all, but… I’m in love with someone else.” I sat there taking this all in. I hardly knew Demi and here she was sitting in my bus confessing all this about one of my close friends.

“Oh.” I didn’t know what to say, I was at a loss of words. There was only one thing on my mind. “Can I ask who the other person is?”

She nodded and looked me dead in the eye. “It’s you, John.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I really like this chapter. I got butterflies in my stomach as I was typing it. It introduces the drama and gives you an idea of how things might go down. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it!

The entire story is in Jazmyn's POV unless stated otherwise, just in case you get confuse because I don't want to go back and forth telling you whose POV it is every time I switch it.

Jazmyn Ashley

Comment//Subscribe