Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Seven

John’s Point Of View

I arrived back at the party and made my way to the makeshift kitchen counter and grabbed a long neck Corona. Taking the first sip of my drink, I saw Demi chatting away with Jac, and looking directly at me. I nodded my drink towards her and half-smiled. She smiled back and waved, walking towards me, red cup in hand.

She stopped and stood dangerously close to me, standing on her tip-toes. “Do you want to take a walk with me?” She said in my ear. Without saying a word, I only nodded my head.

We made our way past bodies that were dancing to a random rap song.

“Aren’t you a little too young to be drinking?” I pointed my drink towards her red cup as we walked aimlessly around the parking lot.

She shrugged. “Yeah, but it’s only one cup.” After a moment of silently walking, Demi grabbed my hand indicating me to stop walking. I turned to look at her and she let go of my hand. “Look, John, I’m sorry if what I told you earlier today freaked you out. I just… I had to tell you. You know, in case something might potentially happen between us.”

I gave her a questioning look. “But you know I have Jazmyn.” I stated more than asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, but you’ve been with her for so long. Aren’t you tried of her yet? And if you leave Jazmyn, I’ll leave Dirk too.” At this moment I could feel the blood in my veins boil.

Before I had time to backlash, she cut the personal space between us and pressed her lips against mines. Before the kiss had a chance to deepen, I pulled away and ran my hands down my face, leaning my back against the random bus we stood next to.

“Just think about it, John.” I heard Demi say and watch her walk back to All Time Low’s bus.

I made my way back to our bus, replaying what just happened in my mind. Why didn’t I push Demi away fast enough? And why was I so ready to kiss her back?

I got back to the bus and took off my clothes, leaving me only in my boxers. I climbed into my bunk to find Jazmyn fast asleep. Lying down next to her, she slowly moved closer, wrapping her arm around my skinny waist.

“I love you.” I whispered, knowing she couldn’t hear me and kissed her temple.

I love Jazmyn. I will always love Jazmyn. But something in the way Demi kissed me tonight told me it was a bad idea, but I was craving more. I was craving a change. And it scared the hell out of me.