Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Nine

We arrived in Canada early in the morning after playing Cleveland, Ohio the day before. A few bands decided to stay in a hotel halfway from Toronto to Montreal. The Maine and Rocket shared two conjoined rooms with two beds each.

In one room it was Max, John and I on one bed, Eric, Justin and Jennie on the other, Tim on the couch, Pat and Garrett on the pull-out bed, and Aaron and Kennedy on the floor. The next room consists of Jared, Vito, and Chris on one bed, Nick and Andrew on the other, Peter on the couch, and Dirk and Demi on the pull-out bed.

I ended up sleeping in between John and Max because both were being big babies, saying the middle was “uncomfortable” and that I’d “fit perfectly because I’m so tiny”.

I was still cuddled close to John with my eyes close, trying to fall back to sleep. Max typing away on his laptop next to me and the Canadian news channel on TV made it hard.

“Good morning!” Nick exclaimed coming through the connected door. “I brought donuts!”

“Hey guys,” Came the sound of Demi’s voice after Nick’s. I mentally rolled my eyes.

“Donuts!” I heard Pat exclaimed, and what sounded like him tripping over Kennedy on the floor.

I grimace as a flash went off on someone’s camera, taking a picture of John, Max and I.

“What the hell?” I peak one eye open.

“Sorry.” Eric apologized. “You’re just too cute when you sleep.”

“Okay, weirdo.” I released John from my grip around his waist, deciding I wasn’t going to get anymore sleep; I might as well get ready. “I’m going to shower.” I rolled over John’s boxer-clad body and laughed because I almost fell completely over the bed.

I picked up my undergarments and clothes from my duffle bag and walked to the bathroom to take a nice, relaxing shower.

Mid-shower the bathroom door creaked open and I mentally cursed myself for forgetting to lock it. I stuck my head out behind the shower curtain to see John in the process of taking off his boxers.

“What are you doing?” I laughed.

“Going to take a shower.” He replied, making it sound like the most obvious thing in the world.

“Okay. Hold on I’m almost done.” I giggled rinsing the remaining shampoo in my hair.

As the shampoo slid down my body, the shower curtain that once separated my naked body and John’s opens and I felt John’s long, slender arms wrap around my bare waist. He kissed my cheek and continued to leave trails of kisses down my neck.

“What are you up to?” I rhetorically asked as I smiled to myself and automatically placed my arms around his.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about; I’m taking a shower.” He smiled into the crook of my neck and sucked lightly on the skin.

I chuckled and turned around extending my arms around his neck as his never left my waist. I tip toed and planted a soft, innocent kiss on his lips. “Well you’ll have to start your shower without me, because I’m already finished.” I stuck my tongue out at him and shuffled pass him and out of the tub, drying myself with a clean towel.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“I never knew Canada could get this hot,” fussed Jennie sitting in her lawn chair under Rocket’s merch tent.

“You’re telling me.” I replied flapping my hands in front of my face to produce wind to keep me cool.

“Hello ladies.” Eric smiled walking up to us, stopping in between both Rocket and The Maine’s merch table.

“Hey, Halvo,” Jennie and I greeted in unison. We exchanged glances and laughed.

Eric glided over the merch tables, thinking he was sly but almost toppled over.

“Fail.” Jennie murmured.

“Shut up.” He retaliated. He grabbed a water bottle from the cooler and took a sip. “Hotel party tonight, you guys down?” Eric looked between us girls.

“Jeez, seems like this tour is nothing but a big party.” Jennie mocked.

Eric and I looked at her. “Uh, yeah,” I answered.

“So you’re down?” Eric repeated.

“Hell yes.” I commented for Jennie and me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmyn Ashley (first set)