Status: I'll try to update as often as I can

Summer

Chapter Six

After running home from Logan’s I begin getting ready by having a nice hot shower.
*--------*
I synch the belt around my waist a little tighter so that the fabric of my navy top billows out beneath it give the top more of a flowy feel. Throwing on my converse I wait for my flatiron to heat up. Once it’s hot enough I run it over the wavy ends of my hair making it look longer and sleeker. After I finish up my hair I put on a little bit of eyeliner, mascara and a touch of lip gloss.
“Hurry up Lee we’re running late!” Logan calls from the other side of my door.
“We’re still fashionably late daaaaaaaaaaaarrling,” I call back in a fake British accent.
“It’s 9:30 La we really need to get there before Candy tells everyone I’m off having sex with you.”
“Fine I’ll be out in a sec,” I reply fluffing my hair just a little bit and walking out the door almost bumping into him.
“Woah,” breathes Logan.
“What?” I ask doing a little twirl for him.
“Nothing…You look good in poka-dots that’s all. Oh and look out for the drunk guys and come get me if they’re causing you any problems.”
*---------*
“So how come I’ve never seen you around, you aren’t a tourist are you?”
Wow the guys at this party are so original. Note the sarcasm. He was something like the 6th guy to ask me that question tonight. I answered it the same way I did all the others.
“No I’m more local than that.”
It always seemed to be a conversation ender. That and ‘I’m dating Logan’. After the latest change in conversation I could tell that this guy was looking for a way out so I casually pointed in the general direction of the games room.
“I think your friends just called you from in there.”
Looking grateful the guy ran off in search of some easier tail.
“I’ve never seen him run away from some T&A so fast before,” said a voice from the opposite direction from which Derek- or was it Devon- who cares, just ran off.
“Almost nothing can chase away ‘Desperate Dennis’,” said the voice again and you could almost hear the sarcastic quotation marks in what she said.
“Oh hey, ‘Desperate Dennis’? Poor guy, he seemed nice enough but he’s totally not my type.”
Taking Dennis’ recently vacated seat she asks “Oh really, than who is?”
“Well I can tell you who isn’t. That guy over there,” I point to the guy playing beer pong in the kitchen, “and definitely not him,” guy number 2 trying to hit on some girl and her best friend, “he just looks like he’s trying to get them drunk enough for a threesome.”
“Wow girl has good eyes, you defs called it.. That’s Grayson, he’s run out of girls who actually live here so he tries to get the tourists wasted enough to go home with him. But what about that guy over there?” she asks pointing to Logan.
“He’s pretty hot I will admit but it’s Logan and he’s pretty much been my best friend since grade 5. I think that would be a little weird don’t you?” I reply.
“No way, what’s your name?” she blurts.
“Ummm Leila, why?” I ask a little confused.
“Oh my God! You’re Lee!”
“Yes… and?”
“Logan’s told me all about you, I’m Charlie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking so long to write another chapter. I've been in summer school and it's been crazy busy, but I'm hoping to write more soon!
Pleas tell me what you think any feedback would be nice.
~Kate