Status: Sorry it's been so long, but I will try update every couple of weeks <3

Glitter Bug

Chapter 9

"It's almost time!" Hollie squealed in my ear.

I glanced at my watch. She was right. We were allowed in to see the band at 6, before they went on stage, and as we were over 18 we were going to the after-party later on. We got to stay backstage too whilst they were playing.

Suddenly the doors opened and loud screams erupted from the 15 or so fans that were going to the meet and greet. I for one did not squeal.

England had changed me. Unfortunatley. I don't remember much of America, nor the names of the kids I hung out with. It was a shame, I did miss them occasionally. But it wasn't the aching pang of the heart I'd got the first year or so. It was just as though I'd forgotten something important, I had. I'd forgotten my life.

"Come on!" Hollie moaned pulling my arm, as we scrambled through a crowd of people.

I let her pull me along. I wasn't excited about meeting a band I'd never even seen a picture of.

It was cool. But still, it'd be better if we'd won meet and greets for a Green Day concert.

We'd been led into a big room, bigger than I'd expected, the band were all sat on a couple of sofa's along the edge. A few confident members of our group had already gone and asked for autographs and photo's etc... I just stood at the edge, staring at one in particular.

"The one with short black hair, lot's of eyeliner. Whats his name?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Him? I'd have thought you'd like his brother better." She said, glancing at me curiously.

I was looking at the same one, when a memory triggered in my head. Mikey.

"Mikey?" I asked, carefully looking at Hollie.

"I thought you didn't know their names?" She laughed.

"Of course I do!" I almost yelled. "Mikey, Gerard and Frank, I don't know the others!"

"SHIT!" she said laughing. "You are a fan then?"

I groaned inwardly. I had never really told her much about America.

"I need to talk to him." I said grimly, pushing my way to the front of the group.

Girls squealed as I pushed them out of the way. I didn't care. This was Mikey! I remembered everything. How we'd been best friends. Frank... I didn't think they'd still be friends with him after... nevermind.

"Mikey," I breathed, "Gee, Frank!"

Frank caught my sentence and looked at me with and odd expression on his face.

"You been to one of these before?" he asked, I looked around to see if he'd been talking to anyone else.

He was sat slightly away from the others, and not many people around him. The ones that were there looked on jealously, thinking he knew me.

"No. Frank, I didn't think you'd remember, but it's Jessica."

As my words sunk in, he sucked in a breath. Letting it out shallowly, he whistled.

"Holy shit. I had a feeling I'd see you again. But not here." he laughed.

I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. It was quite embarrasing really. He looked so upset about something.

"You need to talk to them two?" He asked indicating towards Gerard and Mikey.

"I guess I probably should." I said, not believing what was happening.

He nodded, got up and went to where they were sat. They both looked up in shock. Then almost simulatenously both stared at me with wide-eyes.

I tried a half smile, but it didn't really work out. Tears were pricking at my eyes.

Mikey got up quickly and walked over to me.

"Jess, why the hell did you not tell me you knew them?" Hollie demanded.

"I didn't know." I whispered.

"Sure you didn't. You lived next door to them for thirteen years and didn't recognize Gerard's voice?" she asked scathingly.

"He changed, they all have." I said hurriedly.

"Jess." I looked up into Mikey's eyes, and it was then that I remembered.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is especially for Holly and Victoria

--->Victoria
--->Holly

Thanks Guys for your comments, you made my day!