Status: Complete.

Peepshow Ruffles

Chapter Twenty Two

She had woken alone, and with that loneliness came fear. Fear of losing Christian, with her scarred thighs, her blemished skin. Her horrid flaws. Maybe those kind words, those words of vengeance and safety were just that. Words. Maybe everything he had said meant nothing and he was just as afraid as she was.

Or worse. He didn’t care.

It didn’t matter anymore because she had anther appointment. Appointment with her Maharajah, the monster who destroyed her each and every encounter. The visits were becoming more frequent and Adele feared that she would soon no longer have enough flesh for him to mar. She would no longer have a body to destroy.

Even so, she found herself wincing as she slipped on a red satin dress for his desire and curling her red locks into an up do he would eventually tear down. Her mouth decorated with maroon coloring that would later be smeared across her cheek, her eyes darkened with mascara and paint that would paint her cheeks.

She readied herself to be a beauty, but she was prepared for the mess that was to come. She left the elephant, glancing back at the bed where she had pressed her body to Christian’s, and found herself wishing she could stay there forever. But without him it wasn’t the haven she had become used to. Without him, it was just another bed.