Status: Complete.

Peepshow Ruffles

The End.

When Adele opened her eyes once more she found herself in the Elephant. She had grown so used to waking up here that she feared the day she would have to wake anywhere else. She nearly smiled at the thought of never leaving the bed and remaining with Christian at all times but then as she sat up the pain in her gut left a stabbing pain of a reminder that she would eventually have to return to the Evil Maharajah.

That was when she saw Christian from the corner of her eye. Blood stained his hands as he wiped absently at them with a red, stained towel. He was staring out the window at something she could not see and she saw the knife sitting on the vanity stand. She recognized that knife—it was the one that the Maharajah had used every time he carved a new scar into her skin.

“Christian,” she whispered, afraid to sit up lest it upset him. He looked to her and smiled blankly before setting down the towel and coming to sit beside her. “What have you done?”

He took her hands in his and stroked his stained thumb across her skin, leaving a streak of red in its wake. “He will never touch you again,” he murmured, pressing his lips to her forehead. “Satine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a very abrupt ending but I fear my co-writer has left Mibba and I hate to leave this piece unfinished after almost three years of writing it. So here is the complete story of Peepshow Ruffles. Perhaps one day my co-writer will return and it will have a proper ending but for now I leave you here. :)