Status: Complete.

Peepshow Ruffles

Chapter Eight

Adele could hear the absent call of the singing crickets as she pressed her mouth against the man’s. She ignored his slurs and random shout outs as she slowly dragged him toward the suite in which she would seduce him. “Satine, don’t leave me.” Those words stopped her for a moment. Satine. Why did everyone call her Satine?

For a moment Adele thought of asking the drunken man who the hell Satine was, but looking into his bloodshot eyes she could see the thought was futile. Instead she simply laughed and kissed him once more. She brought the man to the awful looking staircase and carefully led him up.

It wasn’t strange that she didn’t know his name. This happened nightly, it was certainly something she wasn’t used to. But there was something different about this man. His eyes reminded her of something she had lost. Something she had been searching for forever.

When they had finally led him into the mostly abandoned elephant, she noticed the sudden rapture enter the man’s eyes. He gazed around at the faded colors and shredded fabric and to Adele’s surprise a tear fell from his cheek.

She smiled when his crystalline eyes met hers and brought her tongue to his cheek. She traced the tear with her tongue and brought her mouth back to him. She shoved him, watching him stumble and land on the decrepit bed. She was surprised dust didn’t dance through the air when the man’s weight sunk the mattress.

She climbed on top of him; closing her eyes and letting herself become this Satine that the man seemed to want so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize profusely for the weight and the length. I'm slowly getting back into the flow of things. :]