Sequel: Mechanical.net

Mechanical Joy

Back, on My Own Four Hooves

I was about to wake up, or so I think. Feels woozy. Not even sure what's up, or down right now. There is something green, on one side, a stringy something, not sure what it is. I also sense a mist, just not sure what it is, just yet. Slowly the strangely smelling vapours are dispersing. Just as well, I don't like them. Slowly I'm starting to feel something. Something is pulling at me. Am I falling?

No, not really, I'm already on the ground. Wouldn't have felt the pull, if I had been falling. Looking down, I can still see that stringy green material. What is that? Looking up, I can see a blue sky. Once the sky was clear, I had an urge to stand up. Only I have conflicting feelings about it. One told me it was no problem, the other claimed it is impossible for me to do, what I wanted to do. Still, there is nothing lost in trying. Looking around, once more, I can see there are green grasses all around me.

They don't resemble the green stringy stuff I had seen Though it's all there is. I can feel I'm laying on the ground, but is it on my belly, or on my back. Now the conflicting sensations are back, once more. As I look down, I realise which it is. I'm on my belly, soft and smooth, glistering black, like in that dream.

Never quite had the dream before, but it sure was captivating to me. I've always loved ponies, all my life, just never imagined to be so intimately intertwined with them. Not quit in this way. Memories flooding my mind, threatening to overwhelm me, here and now. Eyes closing, filled with tears. This is the pony I had always dreamt of. She wouldn't ever through me off, no matter what. Neither flames nor snakes can make her rear or bock on me. The most common causes for little girls like me to fall off. This pony isn't scared of snakes in the grasses.

There is this strange feeling; how do I stand up? I so desperately want to walk in the grasses, did I forget to ask, or had they just not said? Or, had I simply forgotten? My mind flooded with the desires, and the feelings, the needs and urges. Suddenly, as if on its own, my body take it upon itself. I just found myself standing.

It's not as if I had not wanted it, just that I did not know I had sent the signals. On the other rubbery hoof, this was natural to the pony, so natural, they can stand up within the first hour of their lives. Every last one of them. The once who did not, never had much of a chance on life? In a way, I'm now one of them.

Thus, the same goes for me. I can only imagine, this was in the most basic of the construction of this body. By now, I had gotten back to my old self, such as I had been born. Years of pain blown away, as if they had never been there, with a single swoop, it all had gone away.

Only I can't hop off of this pony, as if I ever would want to? Lifting a hoof, then placing it on the ground, lifting the next. This was the beginning of a new life. Finally free to live with the ponies I love. Even if I can't 'walk', I still can move, just as well, as anyone else. What more could I possibly ask for? Not that I can 'speak to' this pony. Nor would she speak to me. Not a single noise, or anything else. Still, she's mine for life. Isn't she?

After a fashion? 'She is you' I had heard expressed. That's not quite the same, but good enough for now. Unlike a real pony, she can't miss your presence, more then a pair of gloves.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made a few extra changes, hope you notice, and enjoy them.