Sequel: Mechanical.net

Mechanical Joy

At the Hospital:

A girl had just arrived at the hospital, this hospital. At first, she had appeared to be on the slide out, out of our grasp. Yet, we had managed to stabilize her, thankfully.

The first we had seen, is how many scrapes and bruises there are on her lower body, to be exact, these are extending from her waist down. Once she had been placed on the scanner, we could see the full extent of her injuries. Bones had been broken on multiple places, there ad even been a few bones crushed beyond recovery. There is little to nothing we can do to save her legs, as it came down upon her.

Looking through her files, we came across her insurance notes. These stated that everything that goes towards 'Full Recovery', is covered. With that, we had set out to set every last bone in her lower body, while she still is unconscious.

Then a nurse hear a strange sound from her, she had started to mumble something, incoherent at first, then clearer. This is when it had been noted, what she was trying to say?
“A Centaur in the woods!” she was breathing.

We had thought her still unconscious, but clearly, there is more to the case. What's strange, is that we had just sent a girl home, earlier the same day. The very same girl, who had received that experimental treatment. She had left us, in the form of a Centaur, as it turned out.

“That can hardly be considered aiming towards recovery?” the nurse asked.
“Hardly, but this still may be worth perusing?” replied the second nurse.
“I'll call the insurance company right away!” stated the first nurse.
“Then I'd call the supplier of the prosthetics, who had aided the girl!” continued the second nurse.
“Since we're done here for now, you can as well get at it, and get back to me with what you get?” I replied.

The girl could benefit little to nothing from our attention, since we had already stabilized her.