Status: Finished! Read the sequel!

I won't let you be turned

Then what do I do?

I was at school the next day and guess what? Demetri was a no show again. Great, he kisses me AGAIN, tells me he might actually like me then disappears. He was giving me a head ache.

I actually had nothing to do at lunch. I would usually talk to Karen and Nate but they were too busy talking to each other. In other words, I'm a loner right now.

"Hey, I'll see you guys later, okay. I'm gonna go take a walk."

They both nodded then went back to the conversation. I am going to the forest, thanks for your concern. I walked over to Bella and the others and told them I was going to the meadow. Edward and Bella nodded and the rest agreed after them.

I walked through the forest, not really remembering how to get to the meadow.

I found it eventually and looked around, having a little hope that maybe Demetri was here. He wasn't. I went to the spot where he kissed me and sat there. I tried to remember everything. How his lips felt, how he looked, even how he smelt (like cinnamon actually).

Then I heard something. Like an animal eating. As you know I'm a sucker for danger so I got up and headed towards it.

It wasn't that far away. I heard it growl after it takes a breath. It must be eating a lot at one time. But what I saw was no animal. It was a vampire and it was sucking a woman's blood. The image made my stomach turn. I put my hand on my stomach.

"Oh my God..." I said as I covered my mouth to keep from throwing up.

The vampire looked up and slowly turned his head to me. Oh my God!

"Alex..."

"Oh my God!" I was afraid. My eyes started to water and I turned and started running.

Demetri! I just saw Demetri...he was...

"Alex!"

I heard him calling after me but I didn't want to turn around. I know he said he killed people but to actually see him do it? It was horrifying!

I felt him grab my arm and i turned around to try to break free. He grabbed my other arm to stop me from getting loose.

What he said yesterday came back to my head.

'I wanted to kill you'

Now he's gonna get his wish. He wants to kill me!

"Alex, stop!"

"No! Let go! You're gonna kill me!"

"No I'm not now stop fighting me!"

"No!"

He pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around me. If I were not deathly afraid right now, I would have loved for him to hold me.

I kept wriggling against him and finally stopped knowing I couldn't get free. I could feel myself shaking. I had never been this scared before.

"That's why I didn't want you near me! That's why I said stay away!"

I started crying. I was afraid. I didn't want to be afraid of him. In fact I thought I'd be scared of Edward before I was scared of him. But things didn't work out that way.

"Alex, stop crying. Please..."

"I-I c-can't! I saw you! You were..."

I started shaking again. I think this was too much to take in. How do I know? Because when I just thought about what happened, I blacked out.

I was in the dark. I really wanted to know where I was.

"She was in the forest. I saw her laying on the ground."

Demetri? Who's he talking to?

"Thank you Demetri."

Edward?! Crap!

"You're welcome."

"Can you take her to her room for me?"

Demetri, taking me to my room? I don't know if I should be scared or happy.

I finally tried to open my eyes but shut them when the light hit them. I tried again, slowly and I saw Demetri. He was sitting on the edge of my bed. I sat up, which was a bad idea, because I got extremely light headed and fell back down on the pillow.

Demetri turned to me. "Alex. You're awake."

He looked relieved to see me wake up. Was he worried?

"You should get some rest."

"I'm not tired." Which was the truth. I wasn't tired.

He nodded then looked at the floor. "What you saw in the forest..."

I tried not to replay the images. I really couldn't believe Demetri would actually kill a person. He seemed so sweet.

"That's how I survive, Alex. It's how I live."

"You don't have to."

He shook his head. "I guess you want me to live off of animal blood like Edward and the others. I told you I'm not like them."

"I don't want you to be like them. I just don't want to sit around knowing that you kill people."

He shook his head. "I can't change in one day."

"I know.."

"I'm sorry..." I said without thinking.

"What?"

I looked at him. "I'm sorry that I'm ruining your life."

He immediately came in front of me and touched my face.

"Don't apologize. You're not ruining my life Alex."

He got up and went to the door.

"Then what do I do? " I asked.

He opened the door, paused and looked back.

"You're giving me a reason to live..."

I felt like crying. That was so sweet!

He closed the door, leaving me in my room. I give him a reason to live. I smiled. Maybe you can fall for someone in a few weeks...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! =) I'm being held hostage and must wrote before midnight so enjoy this! Comment!