Temper

1/1

Sticks and stones can break bones,

Matt threw Zack against the wall with a sickening crack. Zack barely whimpered as another punch was strewn across his pale, bruised skin. It was one to the face, one to the shoulder, three to the ribs, two to the gut. Zack was trying to think what he had done wrong this time to set Matt off, but his thoughts were so scrambled, he couldn't even think about how much this really hurt.

His arms tried to protect his face, an involuntary motion for self defense, but Matt just jerked them down, and punch him square in the jaw. His ring, the ring that was a replica of the one on Zack's finger, cut a small hole in Zack's cheek.

when aimed like angry art.

Zack eyes could barely open to see Matt pull back and stand up-- but they did. They closed immediately in pain as Matt start to kick his ribs. Crack, crack, crack. Zack could feel warm, metallic blood rise in his throat as Matt swiftly stomped on his chest. His heart rate slowed from unbearably fast to almost nothing at all.

"You little cunt," Matt hissed, falling to his knees and reeling back for another punch.

And words, they sting like anything.

Zack sputtered a little blood, gasps for breath barely audible. With whatever energy he had left, his swollen eyes opened as much as they could. Matt suddenly lowered his fist in a panic, hands moving to pull at his hair.

"Oh fuck, no, I fucking didn't," he whispered in disbelief almost pulling his honey hair out at the roots.

Zack's guttural sounds ceased and as he looked into Matt's scared, heartbroken, hazel eyes. Before the light left his body, he barely whispered, "I'm sorry..."

"No I fucking didn't!" Matt screamed, scratching down his arms and punching the wall, body shaking with sobs.

But silence breaks the heart.