It's A Dangerous Game

A Little Miracle

It's already August 2nd, and Katy's due date is August 9th. She's pretty freaked out about childbirth, but she says that she is definitely ready to have the baby. I'm sitting in my room reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte when my cell phone starts going off.

"Hello?" I say, putting down the book.

"Laura, it's Matt. I'm on my way to the hospital... Katy's water broke." He says, out of breath.

"OH MY GOSH! Do you want me to meet you there?" I ask, frantically.

"Yes, that would be GREAT." He says.

"Okay, see you there. Bye." I say, hanging up the phone and running down the stairs. My parents aren't home, so I head straight out the door without stopping.

I'm at the hospital, and I have inquired about Mrs. Katy Holt. A very nice nurse takes me to the waiting room, and says that Katy is now in labor. I sit for about 10 minutes, and Matt comes out.

"She had the baby, it's a girl." He says, smiling.

"Uh-oh. Hopefully she'll turn out more like you." I joke. By his facial expression I know that he knows that I'm kidding.

"They're moving her to room 316, so go on up and we'll see you up there. You will be able to see the baby then." He says, laughing. I get on the elevator and go up to the third floor. I can't believe she had her baby, and it's a girl!

They're finally up here, and the baby is adorable!

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Madalynn Bella Holt. We really liked the name Madalynn, and as you know, Bella was my mom's name. Her middle name is Bella in memory of my mom." Matt says.

"I know that you are going to grow up with wonderful parents who love you very much." I say to the baby. "You guys will be great." Matt smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END