Status: In Progress

Bad Moment, Perfect Timing

Familiar Faces

I managed to sneak the outfit by both my mom and most importantly my dad. Quickly I entered my bathroom and took a fast shower drying my hair and letting the natural waves take over. I managed to slip on a robe peeking out of my bathroom to see my mom frowning.

“We got that speeding ticket today Alex” She frowned shaking her head and pacing the hall, oh crap! I had forgotten to pick up the mail.

“I have the money to pay for it mom” I lied smiling, but it only made matters worse when she began to yell.

“I don’t care! It’s going down in your records, why were you speeding?” I sighed knowing exactly where this was going, so I just starred up at her and my mom shook her head.

“You’re grounded tonight, your not going to that party” Then she walked away angrily, I smacked my forehead on the doorframe and almost screamed out in pain. Wow I just had such perfect luck today...

Right on time my cell phone rang, and I automatically knew it was Libby reminding me to be at her place by eight. I carefully grabbed the phone and frowned once I flipped it open.

“So eight o clock?” Libby’s voice rang, I began to rub the back of my head then I cleared my throat.

“My ticket arrived, I’m grounded for tonight” I spoke softly when her laugh broke through.

“Then sneak out, it’s not like you haven’t done it before” It wasn’t a bad idea, I had snuck out before to parties with Duke...UGH Duke...It wouldn’t hurt.

“Ok, eight I might be a little late depending on what happens”

“Ok I’ll see you then!” I closed my phone and sighed out, wearing a skanky outfit, check, lying to my mom, check, sneaking out, check...wow I’m so getting some bad karma for this.

I finished getting ready and managed to slip on the outfit holding my heels and throwing the robe on just in case I bumped into my mom. Then quickly closing my room door, I threw off the robe and opened my window. I looked around and threw my heels onto the soft grass and smiled at the tree. Slowly sliding out and rest my foot on the edge I slid down closing my window. I then jumped onto the branch, unfortunately my feet slipped and I found myself falling to the grass. I gasped and groaned from the pain...bad karma part one, check.

I managed to get up and run to my car sliding into the driver’s seat and pulling out away from the house as fast as I could. Sighing in relief once I had reached a good distance I took out my cell calling Libby.

“Meet me outside, I made it” I laughed hanging up after we said our goodbyes. Passing a stop light I saw the familiar white house where Libby was waiting. Once I came to a stop she ran toward the car opening the passenger seat and closing the door.

“Nice to see your alive” She laughed making me smirk.

“I guess, I’m lucky, the problem is, that’ll be running out soon”

Libby sighed out and playfully smacked my shoulder turning up the stereo.

“Hopefully not tonight” And before I knew it the stereo was blaring and I was speeding quickly to a street that had so many cars people actually had to walk a few blocks to get to the large familiar mansion, no she didn’t tell me the party was at Duke’s. And as if Libby read my mind she starred at me emotionless.

“I guess that detail slipped my mind” Then I watched her walk away and the anger in my chest built, bad karma part two.

Lifting my chin high even thought people were starring at me and more then likely whispering behind my back “That’s Duke’s ex, never knew she was such a skank” Thanks to Libby’s high fashion choice, why do I always listen to her?

Walking past the prying eyes was as painful as a deep burn. Walking into the house was as painful as death. As soon as we entered the doorway the music was unbearable making me even more anxious to get the hell out of there. My skin prickled as I looked around for some help, some sense of security.

“Are you alright?” Libby questioned as she made her way deeper in the crowd.

“I’m going to get a drink” Without saying another word to my “best friend” I walked away and headed straight to the table where I saw a familiar girl, I just couldn’t remember well. I grabbed a can of beer and quickly opened the can, if I was going to make it through the night, sober was out of the question.

“I’d take it easy if I were you” The familiar voice made my eyes dart up to see my old best friend whom I hadn’t seen in two years smiling at me.

“Ashley!” I squealed loudly throwing my arms around her neck and pulling her into such a tight hug I couldn’t even breathe.

“I’ve missed you so much Alex!” She yelled still hugging me tightly, when we pulled away we were both sincerely smiling.

“Where have you been!?” I gave her shoulder a shake and she shrugged laughing.

“I’ve been helping a good friend out, he’s an actor” She winked making me laugh, I gave her shoulder a playful push smirking.

“Got the hots for him?” Ashley shook her head no and made a psht sound.

“The boy is cute, but I’m attracted to his best friend, now I’ve got the hots for him” I smiled laughing when an angry Libby came up behind me.

“Where the hell have you been?” I turned to stare at her surprised, what the hell was her problem, I made a fool of myself at the mall, bought a one hundred and fifty dollar outfit, snuck out, and am now stuck in my ex’s house all in sake for her, and now here she was giving me attitude.

Luckily before I could say anything or worse totally yell at her for acting like a total B in front of Ashley she huffed and walked away as soon as she caught sight of my old friend.

“Your friends with Libby?” She whispered under her breath, I leaned in frowning, the story with Libby as really complicated. I had been friends with her before I met Ashley, then Libby changed drastically, and when Ashley moved away Libby managed to dig her way back into my life.

“I don’t know how it happened” Ashley shook her head and then finally looked at my outfit frowning and starring up at me.

“I’m guessing Libby had a voice in your outfit choice for tonight?” I nodded and shook my head happy that Ashley was finally back and I actually had someone to talk to.

“Unfortunately, cost me a crap load too” Ashley smiled and grabbed my wrist pulling me upstairs and walking into an unfamiliar room. When I walked in I realized in all the time I had dated Duke I had never once been in this room.

“Whose room is this?” I questioned walking around looking at a few band posters, a simple alarm clock, a flat screen TV nothing unusual.

“Oh it’s Taylor’s room, the guy I have been helping out in LA” I was confused, what did he have to do with Duke.

“What is he to Duke?” I asked

“Oh their really close cousins, Taylor is in town, that’s why I’m here, and so Duke’s parents have an extra room for him so he doesn’t have to stay in hotels” She smiled as she grabbed a blue suitcase and propped it open when she came across a cute boyfriend tank that had a worn English Flag on it, she also threw a cute belt on the bed.

“I think that’s your style” She smiled; I happily peeled off the horrible top and put on the tank safely securing the belt around my waist.

“You know me too well, thanks you a lifesaver” I smiled in the small mirror that was in the room, there was no word to describe how happy I was that Ashley was back.

“Are you staying?” Before Ashley answered someone opened the door and I was taken back by the boy standing in the doorway.

“Ashley, what are you doing in my room?” The boy entered the room smiling sweetly at me, he was similar in looks to Duke, but I could tell he was different. But as he walked closer I knew exactly who he was, and I also knew exactly what Taylor Ashley had been talking about.

“Taylor this is my best friend Alexandra” I smiled at both the fact Ashley had said best friend instead of old friend, and at the fact that THE Taylor Lautner was standing in front of me smiling and extending his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys already second chapter! I really like this story and totally plan on posting more! :)