Status: First chapter. The next chapter will posted (hopefully) nest month.

Internal Demons : After the Siege on Bifrost

Internal Demons: After the Siege on Bifrost

“…I will teach you how to smile…” And the figure leaned forward to give her a kiss.

Marprissa awoke with a start. Sweat dripping from both sides of her face, tears flowing freely from her violet eyes.

“Keith…: She murmured to herself. She closed her eyes and tried to remember what her dream was about only to be disappointed at the futile attempt to retrieve the random images of her vague dream.

The same unidentifiable dream has been haunting her for months. The form of an unknown man leaning over, giving her a kiss. It was a vivid dream although she doesn’t remember the exact details; she would always murmur the name ‘Keith’ whenever her vividly vague dream would haunt her night.

“Who are you Keith” She asked herself, wiping her wet cheeks with the palm of her hands. Whenever she’d say the name, a curious ache would surface from her heart, a feeling she wan not sure if she could name. Grief? Sorrow? Pain? Love? Anxiety? Joy? It seems peculiar but the name from her dream sounds familiar to her ears, although she’s quite certain she knew no one of that name.

Priss shook her head violently as to dispel the thought about the dream. She climbed off her bed and readied herself for the new day ahead; after all it was a special day for her.

Priss was certain of only one thing when she entered the kitchen. She was standing in the entrance of it, surveying it from where she stood. There was her mother, Aryssa putting food on the table, too much food if you asked her. (The table was so full of different dishes that even an ant wouldn’t be able to go through. And there was her father, Georan reading his morning newspaper while Mama poured coffee into his “World Greatest Dad” mug. Her parents greeted her as soon as she showed up in the kitchen. Everything seemed to be perfect, but there was a nagging voice inside her head telling her that something was amiss.

“This doesn’t seem right.” She muttered to herself. Turning to Aryssa she asked, “Mama where are—-” She barely finished her question when two figures appeared from nowhere and then snuggled her tightly.

“Happy, happy birthday cute little Prissy!” The twins squealed in a chorus, snuggling her as they rubbed their cheeks on hers. “How’s our favorite little sister?” The twins asked, squeezing the air from her body.

“I’m the only little sister that you’ve got you idiots.” Priss spat as she separated her face from the twins’ using her hands, a futile attempt to escape their deathly grips. “I’m dying here. Would you two mind letting me go?!” She whined. “It would only take seconds until the air supply in my lungs would be exhausted.”

Instead of letting go, the hug seemed to get tighter by the minute. The twins were deaf to her pleas, as usual.

“Mama!” Priss yelled for Aryssa’s rescue. “I think that my siblings are planning to kill me through sheer suffocation.”

“Twins! Let go of your sister. Shouldn’t you b giving her a hug instead of suffocating her on her seventeenth birthday?” Aryssa chided as she placed a plate of bacon on the table.

“Mama, it’s what we’re doing.” The twins chorused, pouting at their mother, ignoring the fact that their sister is now turning blue.

Goeran who just put down his morning paper raised a brow at the two. “Not from my point of view. You look like you’re torturing your sister.”

“Papa!” The twins chorused indignantly.

“Now if you two would spare your sister some mercy, let go and quit rubbing your cheeks on hers, I say it’s getting a bit swollen.”

Reluctantly, the twins released Marprissa but not before planting a noisy kiss on her cheeks. Marprissa sigh of relief echoed throughout the kitchen.

“You’re wearing black!” Were the first words that came out Camryn’s mouth as soon as they released Priss.

Priss ignored him. She made her way to the table and took a seat.

“You’re wearing black!” Camryn repeated, now with a note of hysteria in his voice.

“And hat is different from any other day, how?” Marprissa retorted sarcastically. She took a sip from her tall glass of milk, served herself breakfast and ignored her brother.

“You’re wearing black!!!!” Camryn repeated again, now dramatically gesturing an open palm at her black mini dress.

Priss glared at her older brother. “Big brother, I am not deaf so there’s no need for you to repeat yourself like some boring soap opera re-run.”

“Mama, she’s wearing black!” Camryn said, horrified as if the idea of Priss wearing black would cause her to spontaneously combust or something worse than that, if there is anything worse that spontaneously combusting that is.

“Big brother, I swear if you repeat yourself again. I’m gonna—-” Marprissa’s words were muffled when Aryssa inserted a piece of French toast on her mouth.

“Hold that threat.” Aryssa said beaming at her. Then she turned her attention to the twins. She pointed at Camron who was still standing beside Camryn. “You take a seat, your breakfast is getting cold,” she then pointed at Camryn. “And you, stop acting like a teenage drama queen and cut your sister some slack.”

Camryn raised a brow at her. “Aren’t you gonna ask me to take my seat too so I can eat my breakfast too?”

“Yeah and that also.”

Camryn sulked as he took a seat beside his twin-sister, muttering something that sounded like ‘But Marprissa is wearing black’.

Priss threw him a feral glare as she attacked her breakfast consisting of a mountain load of pancake in blueberry syrup, three strips of bacon and two sunny side ups. “I can hear you, you know.” She said from across the table.

“If that’s the case, you should listen then.” Camryn snapped. “And I’m telling you, you’re wearing black and that is—-”

There was a loud ‘thwack’ and a pancake landed perfectly on Camryn’s face butter, blueberry syrup and all.

There was a moment’s silence. Then Camron spoke while cutting her pancake swimming in syrup. “You should have ducked.”

The eating resumed as if nothing happened. Anyways this was always the case on their breakfast table. The day wouldn’t be able to jump start itself if either of the twins won’t be able to get themselves hit by anything thrown by Marprissa.

Camryn peeled off the pancake from his face. He glared menacingly at his sister, it would have produced the desired if not for the syrup oozing down his face, which totally ruined the image.

“You seem to have forgotten one crucial fact you’re personality, my dearest sister isn’t good with dodging flying objects. We switched today, remember?” Camryn retorted, wiping his face with a napkin.

“You should be glad she didn’t throw the whole contents of her plate on you, plate included.” Camron rebutted.

“Argh. I knew this would happen, I would have switched with you today.” Camryn scowled.

“It’s inevitable you dunce, and it’s not as if I’m over zealous of having your stoic and taciturn disposition.” Camryn threw a venomous glare at her.

Born from mysterious lineage, it was a gift as well as a curse that the twins exchange personalities once every week. It was inevitable. It was a gift; since they can switch at will something of an advantage if they battle together and a curse since sometimes Camryn gets twice as irritable each month especially if the day of the switch would be the day when Camron gets her monthly visitor, which was unfortunately, today.

“I hate this. Why was I born in this cursed life!?” Camryn grumbled.

“Don’t mind him. That’s just him portraying me on my worst day of the month.” Camron said.

“So that explains why big brother is acting like a fussing evil stepmother just like what big sister often does except for the evil stepmother part, scratch that.” Priss said, beaming at Camryn. “You should relax.” She advised.

“Zip it brat.” Camryn scowled at his sister. “I don’t need that from you, you on the other hand have to heed my advice.”

“And that is?” Aryssa asked intrigued.

“She’s wearing black.” Camryn said, gesturing a fork at Priss while looking at their mother which was a bad thing since Priss is now lifting her plate loaded with food and is aiming it at his head.

“Priss sweetie, put down the plate and proceed with your breakfast.”

Camryn glanced at his sister who gave him a sheepish grin, the plate now placed on the table.

“What’s up with you today Cam? You seem panicked.” Georan asked.

“I’m not panicked, that’s just Camron’s personality rubbing off me.”

“Then explain why you fuss over the fact that Priss is wearing black.” Aryssa asked.

“Mama don’t tell me you forgot what you did last year?” Camryn gaped at their mother. He can’t believe that she forgot how chagrinned she was when Marprissa showed up in the kitchen wearing a goth-punk costume on her birthday.

“Don’t give me that hurt-puppy look Camryn. I do remember that I changed all Priss’ wardrobe into red.”

“Yeah. And oh how upset I was that day, like any other birthday that I had. You always make me wear red on my birthday.” Priss pouted.

“And for good reason honey, it’s bad luck to wear black on your birthday.” Aryssa reasoned.

Priss pouted some more. “But you all know that I only wear black. I don’t have clothes in any other color.”

“Well that’s because you change the color of the clothes that we buy for you.” Camron said, throwing her sister a sly look.

Priss smiled sheepishly at them. “I’ve been wearing red for the past sixteen years of my life on my birthday. Can I at least for once wear my favorite color today?”

“No.” The four chorused.

“Oh shoot.” Priss grumbled.

With a snap of her fingers, Aryssa changed Priss’ ensemble into red, from the silk ribbon on her head to her high tops and to everything she was wearing. And when you say everything it means everything. Marprissa groaned in despair. She willed the colors to change back to black but her powers doesn’t seem to work. The color was to powerful for her to manipulate, regarding that it seems all of her family members willed the color on her.

“I hate you guys.” Was her defeated retort.

“We love you too honey.” Everyone declared.

Priss sulked as she walked her way to school. Aryssa sealed her powers as punishment for throwing pancake on her brother and as precaution that she won’t force herself to change the color of her dress. She won’t be able to use her powers if ever she got attacked. Her only consolation though was that she was permitted to use Pitchblack in case she needed to defend herself if ever she was threatened. She can use it to anyone, mortal or otherwise. With the thought of having a good day with the school bullies, Marprissa smiled.

“What are you smiling for?”

The smile on her lips widened when she recognized the voice that spoke. A tiny hand clasped hers. She didn’t have to look to know who it was. It was Xenon their mysterious little neighbor.

“Good morning Xenon.” She said beaming. Xenon as usual was in his school uniform.

Xenon beamed at her. “Good morning too, big sister.

She made a sidewards glance and saw Xenon’s cherubic face beaming extra bright at her.

“Why were you smiling to yourself big sister?” Xenon asked, skipping as he walked with her, his hand still tightly clasped in hers. “I know! It’s your birthday isn’t it?” The boy said, answering his own question.

Priss gave him a look of bewilderment. “H-how did you know?”

Xenon pointed his free hand on her dress. “You’re wearing red. People always wear red when it’s their birthday.” He reasoned.

“Well, that’s not always the case.” Priss muttered.

“You don’t look good in red.” He commented, nodding to himself.

Priss couldn’t help but laugh at his comment. The one thing he really likes about Xenon is the boy’s ability to comment with brutal honesty. No pretenses.

“Why thank you Xenon. I like receiving honest comments like that. If only everybody would be like you.” She smiled. “I think I don’t look good in red either.” She chuckled.

“I think you’re prettier when you wear black.” Xenon said, his cheeks turning pink.

“Thank you Xenon. I think so too.” Priss laughed, messing his hair. One thing also that Priss liked about Xenon is the color of his hair. It was weird, but beautiful. If seen from afar the strands of his hair looks normal but if you examine it closely, the strands are actually of different color, every color that you can imagine. It was amazing, really.

“You will marry my big brother, won’t you?” Xenon suddenly blurted out.

Priss gave him a wry smile in exchange. “I’m not sure if I can answer that question. I don’t really know your big brother.” Priss said, and then added silently to herself. “And I don’t know you that much either.”

Xenon gave her a knowing look, one that bellied all the innocence and childish manner his face has to offer. “Of course you do, you’ve known him forever.”

“I doubt that.” Priss mused. She gave Xenon a quizzed look, who in exchange gave her his signature extra bright smile.

Although she knew Xenon for five years, she never really knew his family or where he lived or what his surname was. He just popped into her life one day. Five years ago. She was about twelve and he was about two years old. She was walking to school just like this, when a tiny hand suddenly grasped hers. She looked down beside her and there he was beaming up at her and calling her big sister. Barely a baby and already a flirt. Xenon asked her a thousand questions that day as they walked to school. By the time they would arrive in school he just let go of her hand and walk over the kindergarten section of their school after giving her a kiss in the cheek and waving goodbye. Since then Xenon would walk with her to school. Just mysteriously appearing and disappearing.

“You confuse me.” Was all that Priss can muster.

Xenon yet again, beamed at her. “You’ll see.”

Just as she was contemplating at Xenon’s sage-like words, a chill ran down her spine, indicating the presence of a malevolent force. She immediately scanned the area for anything suspicious, her hand clasped around the black crystal on her necklace. She felt Xenon’s hand tense, holding tighter.

Then they appeared from nowhere. Seven handsome men impeccable dressed in expensive business suits. All there ensembles were black except for their neckties that matched the colors of their eyes. Priss cursed under her breath. Seven Ruins from all the demon categories and fully grown at that. She was in deep trouble.

“This is the worst birthday ever.” Priss groaned as the demons approached them. She glanced at Xenon and was surprised that the boy didn’t even look intimidated; instead Xenon gave the group a contemptuous glare.

Before she can say anything to assure Xenon that everything would be fine, a Ruin with eyes akin to hers spoke. She immediately identified it as a demon of Pride.

“No wonder the air smelled so putrid, there was a Shade from under the Envoy of the Blood Rose somewhere near.” The demon grinned slyly at her. Then he glanced at Xenon beside her. “Oho! This must be our lucky day boys!” He laughed hysterically. “Can you believe it? It’s the Emperor of Colors himself.” He gave Xenon a mocking grin, malice glinting evilly in his glowing violet eyes.

Priss raised a puzzled brow at the group of Ruins laughing maniacally like crazed hyenas. What a bunch of idiots mistaking a mortal kid for someone very important from the Pavilion of Colors. She didn’t really know the Emperor of Colors personally herself but she did know that he’s thousands of years old and Xenon was nowhere near one percent of that age.

“What a bunch of idiots. She murmured to herself.” She stole a glance at her now red strapped wristwatch. It was fifteen minutes to seven thirty. If she finish thus before seven twenty-five, she’ll have enough time to dash to school. “Hey smart-ass, leave the kid alone and let’s get this over with. I don’t wanna be late for school.” She yelled at the demon.

The Ruin of Pride smirked at her. “Don’t get too cocky Shade. Do you really think you can defeat all of us?” The Ruin scoffed, gesturing to his companions. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“We’ll see about that.” She hissed.

Well to be honest, she hasn’t been able to meet a full grown Ruin before much less defeat seven. But she didn’t have to be stupid to admit that to their face, now won’t she? And she didn’t have to be too pessimistic to admit to herself that she was now facing her impending doom.

“This is definitely the WORST birthday ever.” She grumbled to herself.

She was about to call on her sword when she felt Xenon’s hand tug at the seams of her mini dress.

“You can’t defeat all of them. It’s too dangerous.” Xenon said with a fierce certainty. He looked so serious that Priss swore she didn’t look like a boy by the age of seven.

Priss shook her head and sighed. She almost forgot about Xenon. She knelt beside him and as calmly as she can she said, “Xenon, whatever happens here this very morning, promise me you won’t tell anything to anyone.” She said, hoping the boy would just nod in agreement. “I swear, everything’s gonna be fine.” She assured him.

Imagine her chagrin when Xenon frantically shook his head.

“Oh shoot!” Her mother would flay her alive if she ever find out she battled in front of a mortal. “Trust me, everything’s going to be fine, just please, please don’t tell mom of whatever I’m going to do here.” She pleaded. “I’ll even treat you ice cream every afternoon for the whole month. Just please, please, please, please don’t tell anyone, especially my mother.”

Xenon frowned at him. ”Seriously?” He said pouting at her. “That’s the best you can offer? I can’t possible be bribed by that cheap an item.” Xenon scowled at her. “But even if you had something much better to offer, I still wouldn’t allow you to fight. It’s too dangerous.”

“Well if you ask me, you can ask for her body as exchange.” Somebody from the group of Ruins said. Priss turned and identified the Ruin as a demon of Lust, his glowing red eyes smiling maliciously at her. Another peal of laughter broke from the group.

“Silence!” Xenon yelled at the group and the Ruins fell silent and froze where they stood.

Priss would have been less shocked had Xenon chanted words and started summoning dragons.

“Wha…how…” She stammered, gesturing mutely at the frozen group of Ruins.

“No time to explain. You can’t handle all of time so I’ll go call Big brother. He’ll help you. The band won’t break for a couple of minute but since my powers are currently restricted, I’m not sure if that would hold long. You stay just in case. I’ll just go fetch Big brother.” And with that Xenon ran off in top speed, his little form vanishing from sight

.

Priss turned and surveyed the freezed-up group of demons. They looked like models straight out from a fashion magazine. They weren’t able to move but their eyes were fixed on hers.

She looked at them and figured out it would be easier if she killed them all, now that they can’t retaliate.

“All right.” She ran a finger over the black crystal resting on the base of her throat. “Awake Pitchblack.”

There was a flash of light and the necklace transformed itself into a sure black, five feet long thick sword.

Priss saw as the Ruins struggled to break from the binding spell Xenon had cast upon them. She has to act quickly or she’d be doomed. She lunged forward to attack, just as her sword was an inch away from the Ruin of Pride’s heart, the demon broke free from the bond and evaded the attack.

“Did you think I’d let a lowly Shade end me?” The Ruin scoffed changing to its true form. The demon grew fangs and a pair of ram-like horns on its forehead and his hands turned to claws. “I’ve been existing even before you were born little one and no Shade has ever succeeded in harming me. I’ve been alive longer than anybody in here.” He said, gesturing at his companions who were still struggling at the bonds. “And as you can see, I broke from the bond which means I am stronger than the rest of them combined together. So if you don’t want to die a painful death, I suggest you surrender now and let me eat your soul.”

“Zzzzzz… . . “

The Ruins brows knitted together when he saw Priss dozing off, her form leaning on her huge sword. She was even snoring.

“Why you pompous – “

Suddenly the shade snapped awake, bolted upright and she asked, “Is it over yet?” she yawned. “Gosh that was the most boring villain speech that I ever heard in my whole entire life.”

“Why you insolent brat.” The Ruin spat in anger. “Hundreds of shades had died in my hands before you little one. You’re going to die the same way they did.”

“What? You’ll also bore me to death?”

The Ruin roared in anger.” I will eat your heart out, drink your blood, feast on your flesh and dance on your entrails. I will flay you alive and relish the sound of your tortured pleading that will be music to my ears.” And he laughed maniacally.

“Don’t you guys have any form of originality at all? Seriously, I’ve heard that line recited to me for countless of times. Or is this some kind of dumb trade mark? I swear if another Ruin will repeat that to me again, my ears are gonna fall off.”

The Ruin roared and charged at her. Priss defended herself, slashing the Ruin with her sword. The Ruin attacked her barring its fangs. He swiped his claws at her, Priss dodged, the claws tore through her dress barely missing her stomach by the skin on her teeth.

Priss went livid. “This is my favorite dress! Even if its not in black I still liked it!” Actually it was a gift from Tthysame, her Prince charming.

“Who cares?” The Ruin yelled, attacking her again.

“You’ll pay for that you stupid demon.” Priss growled. She moved in a motion so fast, she was able to hack off both the Ruin’s arms.

The demon fell, flailing as blood gushed out from his severed limbs.

“My arms! My beautiful arms! No!” The demon yelled, rolling in the pavement.

Eyes glowing on vivid violet Marprissa approached the demon her expression changing from a sweet little girl to some else entirely.

“You picked the wrong day to piss me off, demon.” She said, pointing her blade at the demon’s heart.

“NO! Impossible no shade can defeat me!” The Ruin yelled.

“I forgot to tell you. I’m not a Shade.” Marprissa was about to plunge her sword on the demon’s heart when the Ruin straightened up and knelt over her, bowing his head low kissing her high-tops.

“Mercy please. Mercy.” He begged between sobs.

Her eyes turning a deep shade of violet Priss gave the demon a look of pure disgust.

“Plea not granted. You don’t struck me as a ‘grovel for mercy’ kind.” Priss kicked the demon on the chin, the demon went air borne and at that time Marprissa buried her sword on the demon’s chest. “And for a demon of Pride, you’re such a loser.” And the demon disintegrated into black dust that evaporated as the wind blew.

Priss turned to the other demons who were at that time broke free from the spell, her bloodied sword resting on her shoulder, her dress torn and her form drenched in blood. She licked her lips. “So who wants to die next?” She asked. She saw the demon of Lust whimper and moan.

The Ruins were so stunned of what they saw that they weren’t even able to react at all. They just stood there mouth a gape at her.

The Ruins started at her in disbelief. No shade was able to defeat a full grown Ruin that fast, except if it’s a high ranking shade or Hue. And the shade standing in front of them doesn’t seem so special. Her powers, as they calculated weren’t that much either. Except for the feat she just accomplished the shade doesn’t seem any too threat. Or so they thought.

“What are you?” A Ruin with Indigo eyes asked. It was a demon of Wrath.

All the Ruins now changed into their true form. Marprissa shrugged. “I told you I’m not a shade.”

“Then are you a Hue?” Another asked. This one had green eyes, a demon of Envy.

“Nope.” Priss shook her head, her long straight ebony hair swaying with it.

“You’re not a Slayer either slayers always have their Hues with them and as I remember the Envoy of the Blood. Rose had flaming hair and fiery eyes. Except for your clothes, you don’t seem to fit the description.” A Ruin with glowing orange eyes concluded. It was a demon of Avarice.

Priss almost laughed at her bizarre situation. Here she is, late for school, her clothes torn and bloodied and having a casual conversation with a bunch of demons that might attack her at any moment. Actually she didn’t really know how the heck was she able to defeat the demon of Lust when she haven’t even encountered much less defeated a full grown Ruin. At the time when the demon tore up her dress, all reason fled her and her vision darkened. All she wanted to do was hack that demon to pieces, like she was possessed or something. And she didn’t feel like her usual self.

“What the heck is going on here? What am I doing playing ’20 questions’ with you guys.” Priss heaved a deep sigh. “Well, anyways I’m already late for school and I won’t ne any later than that. so I guess I have to finish what I’ve started.” She lifted her sword, ready to attack.

“Wait! You’re not answering our questions.” A Ruin with yellow eyes protested. It was a demon of gluttony.

“I don’t have to answer anything.” Priss said.

“If you’re not a Shade or a Hue or a Slayer, then what are you?” The demon of Wrath demanded.

“She’s a goddess you morons.” Xenon’s voice spoke from behind her.

Priss turned to give Xenon a puzzled look, the same look was no doubt also present on the demon’s faces.

“I’m a WHAT?”

“You’re a goddess.” Xenon repeated nonchalantly.

“They seem to be lacking one.” A deep masculine voice said from somewhere beside Xenon and Marprissa followed where the voice came from.

Marprissa’s jaw dropped as she saw the owner of the voice. She wouldn’t be able to forgive herself for not having noticed the handsome hunk Xenon brought with him. The guy was tall about six foot five or something with long straight silver hair that fell unbound to his knees. His eyes were the color of mist, stern but seductive. He had bow shaped lips, a perfectly chiseled face and long pert nose. And in Marprissa’s standards, he is one heck of a handsome guy. Until she noticed what he was wearing. It was all white. From his white shirt to his leather jacket, pants and boots. Even the crystal on his white necklace was white/ transparent. She admits it, the guy is handsome, in his 20’s or something but he was too clean to be trusted.

“I killed the one that is missing.” Marprissa answered his non-existent question.

The guy turned to her when she spoke. Their eyes met. An oddly familiar ache rose from her heart. She has a feeling she’d met this guy before.

Keith froze where he stood. After what seems like forever, he had finally found her. She still looked the same but her preference on color changed a bit. But he was certain it was her. The same vivid violet eyes, angelic face and silk black hair, there was no mistaking it.

“Marprissa.” He muttered, taking a step towards her. He was about to reach for her when a demon yelled.

“Hey we saw her first.” The demon of Lust yelled. “And we’re planning to take her with us.”

“Not a chance demon.” Keith said dead pan.

“Who do you think you are?” The demon of Lust yelled.

“I think I should be the one to ask that, you guys are pathetic, you should just spontaneously combust.” No sooner than the words left his lips that the Ruins burst into flames and disintegrated into dust.

Somebody stab her because she didn’t notice. The guy was emanating power from every pore of his being. Priss silently castigated herself, for being so stupid. She might be in the presence of some entity and all she does is gape at him.

“Marprissa. At last I found you.” Keith cursed himself as he heard his voice. He should sound excited, happy, elated but certainly not nonchalant!

Marprissa stared at the young man in front of her. His expression was somewhat weird. Like he was confused on how to react or something.

“Are you alright?” She asked, surprised as tears started flowing down his emotionless face. Marprissa ached for him. What was with this guy that made her feel strange?

“Marprissa, It’s me Alhucaine.” Something clenched at his gut when he saw no recognition from her sweet face. “It’s me Alhucaine. Don’t you remember?” He felt tears flow harder down his cheeks as she frantically shook her head.

Xenon wept as he saw his brother struggle with the emotions that had been lost to him. Now that he found her, Xenon was sure that his emotions would come back to him since that was she was to Alhucaine, she was his emotion. The tears cascading down his cheeks were enough evidence that he was regaining them back. It didn’t matter if the first emotion that he would first rediscover would be despair, since Marprissa has yet to remember Alhucaine. Though anything would be fine for Xenon as long as he would be able to see the smile on his brother’s face again.

“I’m so sorry I don’t know you.” Priss said, wiping the tears from Alhucaine’s face. She choked a sob as the words cut through her like a knife. Although she didn’t know why. She saw the hurt register on his once nonchalant face, adding more ache to her heart.

Grief tore through him as Keith realized she didn’t recognize him at all. He wiped the blood that stained her lovely face with his thumb. “Please, please, please Marprissa, it’s me, it’s me. Please remember, it’s me, it’s Keith.” He knelnt defeated, burying his face on his palms.

“Keith … .”

Priss murmured softly to her self. The name sounded familiar. Somewhere in her heart, she knew that name.

“Since you don’t know how, I will teach you how to smile.”

“You’re so beautiful, Priss. I know I wouldn’t be able to live without you.”

“You are my heart, you contain all the emotions that I have.”

In her mind an image of a handsome young man the one in front of her, smiled a very bright smile. His hands stretched towards her.

“I love you very much Marprissa Azraeli. I love you so much that I know I wouldn’t survive without you, please marry me.”

This time tears flowed down Marprissa’s cheeks as she repeated his name.

“Keithariane Alhucaine … . .Keith. My Keith.”

Keith suddenly looked up as he heard her call his name, she was smiling down at him. Tears flowing down her lovely face.

Keith stood up and held her face on his hands. He embraced her, burying his face on her beautiful silky black hair.

“I found you.” He said, releasing her and leaning forward, he gave her a kiss.

The moment his lips touched hers, all of Marprissa’s memories came flooding in, memories of her past.

The Pavilion of Colors, the Ranks of Slayers and Fayhues, Dragons.

The Siege of Bifrost and the sacrifice that she made to keep the Pavilion safe.

She saw her past self handing Aryssa her necklace, casting spell of protection all over the Pavillion as Ruins crossed Bifrost. She looked at Keith who was already battle worn, behind him bodies lay unconscious and dead. There were only little people remaining and the Ruins kept coming. She approached him and watched as the color drain from his handsome face s realization struck him at what she was about to do.

“Marprissa, no please. I beg of you. No.” He pleaded, tears streaming down his face. He knew he wouldn’t be able to do anything to stop her and there would be no other way to save them.

“Hush, love.” She had whispered. “There is no other way. I have to so this.” She was right.

“No please, no.” He pleaded.

She clasped her face between her palms.” You will find me, won’t you?”

“Y-yes, even if it will take forever.” Keith answered choking a sob. Marprissa smiled despite herself, she knew he wouldn’t let her down, since he would be the last piece of her memory that she will find.

“I love you Keith, you will forever stay here.” She said lifting his hands to her heart.

“I love you too Marprissa, but if you will go, I wouldn’t be the same.”

“So would I.” She kissed him and stepped outside the barrier she had created, bringing with her all the color that represented her entity as the Emissary of Darkness.

A slight pull from her mini dress teleported Priss back to the present. He saw Keith and Xenon smile brightly at her.

“So, you still think this is your worst birthday ever?” Xenon asked her.

Marprissa smiled. He must have heard her muttering to herself.

“No, Xenon I take back what I said.” She then reverted to the man who held her face between his palm. “It’s the best birthday ever, since today’s the day I found the last piece of my memory. And that is you Keith, that is you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is the first chapter. Actually there is a prologue but I haven't posted it yet. I will post it here though.