Status: Completed awaiting sequel

Percy Jackson and a Forgotten Daughter

Chapter Thirteen

I continued to walk through the darkness of the forest that surrounded me, even though a fire had raged through the area the forest around me was blooming with flowers and I heard animals shuffling around me.

As I entered a forest clearing I froze as I saw a big lake with a small little cottage beside it. The cottage had ivy trailing around it as if it was holding it together.

Then I started to back away as I saw a woman exit the house, she looked up at me and gasped. Then she did a very surprising thing, and started to cry as she ran over to me throwing her arms around me.

“My baby girl” she cried

I froze as her arms tightened around me; she then let me go and dragged me into the small cottage. The woman looked me up and down and noticed that my feet were bare; she frowned and walked off into another room.

When she returned she had a pair of slippers in her hand and passed them to me.

“The least they can do is clothe you” she muttered to herself

“Um who are you talking about” I asked finally finding my voice

The woman looked up at me in surprise. “The camp of course, I left you in Chiron’s care”

I looked at her shocked; this was really my mother, the very same woman who left me all alone at the entrance to Camp Half-Blood.

“I ran away from Olympus, that’s why I don’t have shoes” I told the woman icily “I basically got grounded so that Zeus could learn about the parents who abandoned me on the borders of the camp”

The woman looked at me with shock and horror in her eyes then she began to cry.

“What’s your name?” I asked annoyed

“Evanthe, I am a Titan of nature” she informed me, and then she looked at me closely and smiled slightly “You remind me so much of your father.”

Before I could ask anything I heard a clap of thunder erupt around us and saw a flash of lightning, I jumped but Evanthe walked over to the kitchen and produced a biscuit tin and milk. She sat down at the table and motioned for me to sit down.

“Now Axelia –“she started

“It’s Lia” I interrupted “everyone calls me Lia”

“Okay, Lia, I know you are mad that you grew up without knowing who you are but me and your father, we had to protect you” Evanthe began “Zeus and his brothers were raging a war against the Titans and when they found out about you they decided you a threat and came after us,
“I ran to the forest for protection as Hades sent his minions to remove me from the picture, you were just minutes old then, so your father created a time barrier around this part of the forest and we were secure in here.
“A minor God was sent in here to destroy me but she never got close, and then I found a loop in the barriers to me it was just a few days but to the outside world centuries had passed”

I gasped and got up, I was about to run but then I turned to my so called mother.

“Who is my father?”

Evanthe smiled sadly as she got up and looked outside the cabin up at the sky “He was different before the war”

I glared at her angrily so she sighed.

“Kronos”

I froze in horror but then bolted out of the forest and into Olympus, I knew that it would be minutes for my arrival to be known to the Gods, so I continued to run until I reached the elevator.

I ran through the streets of New York until I reached my only Haven, I reached my home.

As I entered the camp I noticed that the tree had a golden blanket upon it and there was a dragon sleeping around it, I smiled at the dragon who smelt me then went back to sleep. As I entered the beach I had the shock of my life when I dodged an arrow aimed at me.

I stared at the arrow shocked and then looked up at one of the sons of Apollo.

“Dude that was seriously close” I told him out of breath

The boy looked at me confused then his eyebrows flew up in surprise, “Lia?”

“Hi, is Mr D about?”

The boy nodded and walked off so I followed him and received many stares, when we reached the big house Chiron and Mr D was playing their card game.

“Honey I’m home” I said cheerfully

Mr D dropped his cards in surprise then ran over to me pulling me into a hug, when he let me go Chiron lifted me off the floor into his arms.

Then the both of them glared angrily at me, I gulped and legged it away from the two of them as they followed me ready to kill me.