Status: Completed awaiting sequel

Percy Jackson and a Forgotten Daughter

Chapter Four

I was seven when I first met Luke and Annabeth, and they definitely arrived in Camp Half-Blood in style.

I was sitting on the hill which was basically the borders of the Camp, I often spent quite a lot of time on the hill looking out to the city that I’d longed to visit, that was when I spotted them, four small figures in the distance running towards the camp followed by monsters hot on their tail.

I pulled out one of my swords since Chiron had been teaching me advanced sword play, then they reached me and I knew that these were special because I knew the one leading them. It was Grover, a satyr that I’d befriended months ago before he was sent on his first very important mission, that involved searching for demi-gods.

“Grover?” I questioned

“Lia get back to camp now” he gasped

I looked behind him at the demi-gods he had searched for, there stood three children, well two children and a teenager, one of the young girls looked about my age who was clinging to a boy about fourteen and the other girl was about twelve. They were all covered in dirt and were wearing tattered clothes even Grover’s clothes were tattered.

“Grover take Annabeth, Luke and your friend to camp” The twelve year old gasped as she struggled for breath.

“Thalia no!” The boy argued tiredly

“Go!” she shouted “I’m too weak, I can’t watch you four die, now go”

Grover hesitated but took the two new demi-gods, he tried to pull me too but I stood my ground and he knew it was a lost cause trying to move me. Thalia turned to me and glared at me when she noticed that I had no intention of moving.

“I told you to go!” She growled

“I have a habit of not listening to people” I replied with a slight shrug

She was about to reply but the first of the monsters came, hell hounds, one of them slashed at the both of us but we dodged out of the way, then I jumped and plunged my sword into its back. That was when I noticed that Thalia had no sword.

“Thalia!” I shouted throwing her the sword .

She caught it and we both started to attack ferociously but we were soon overpowered, Thalia cried out as a furies whip slashed across her stomach and a hell hound helped as they both started to destroy her.

“Thalia!” I cried out as tears flowed sown my cheeks then I cried in pain as a fury got a hold of my wrist with her whip.

I screamed as the whip started to cut through the bone of my wrist and a hell hound slashed at my chest.

I fell as the hell hound went to attack again, I was aware of the pain in my wrist and chest as the fury and hell hound left to join in with the death of Thalia and all I could so was watch. And I watched as Thalia’s gaze fell on me her eyes full of pain and sadness then I watched astounded as Thalia began to turn into a tree which expelled the minions of Hades back to the underworld.

The last thing I saw before passing out was Mr D and Chiron hovering above me calling my name from a distance.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I guess that morning my brain seemed to become alert before my body even reacted to reality because I could hear voices around me but I couldn’t open my eyes.

“Chiron it’s been a week” Mr D worried

“She lost a lot of blood Mr D” Chiron replied softly “Her wrist was almost off because of that blooming kindly one”

I groaned slightly as my body woke up, I opened my eyes and had to blink a few times to adjust to the light. When I could see properly I saw the two friends of Thalia sitting beside my bed sleeping and Chiron and Mr D were at the end of my bed.

Mr D noticed my eyes open and rushed to my side stroking my hair from my forehead “How are you feeling?”

“Like hell itself?” I croaked

Chiron came to my other side and gave me some water. “We almost lost you Lia”

I looked at the two men beside me and looked at my quilt cover since I was surprisingly in my own cabin.

“I didn’t mean to end up in a fight, I couldn’t leave her alone” I whispered quietly

Mr D frowned slightly from beside me “Lia Thalia should have never been born”

I looked up at him shocked at the statement that he’d just said pretty casually.

“She was a daughter of Zeus” he told me “ My father broke the pact that the big three made”

I nodded in understanding then jumped slightly as I noticed that the two new campers were beginning to stir, the boy, Luke was the first to notice that I was awake then the girl, Annabeth jumped up once she had noticed.

“Hi” I greeted cheerfully

“You almost die and you’re this cheerful” Luke stated slightly shocked

“get used to it” Mr D and Chiron groaned together

I slowly got up from my bed and moved so that I faced Annabeth, I smiled and held out my hand to her.

“Hi I’m Axelia but everyone calls me Lia” I introduced myself.

Annabeth smiled softly “I’m Annabeth”

I smiled back at her then turned to face Luke and stuck my hand out “And you must be Luke, I really was hoping it was that way around”

Mr D started laughing while Chiron groaned then he galloped off out of the cabin.

Later that evening I had gone to dinner where I received a lot of stares some of the campers even looked sad to see me. I had soon found out then that Annabeth was a daughter of Athena and Luke was a son of Hermes.

The both of them also became the first camper friends that I actually had they even stayed in my cabin for the whole week that I was unconscious because they wanted to thank me for helping Thalia.

After a week of hanging out me and Anna had become best friends even though her family didn’t agree and after a month Luke became protective over me just like a big brother.