Status: Completed

The Belleville Mystery

01- Anna Smith's Story

Amelia stopped in front of her house. She looked back. I must be forgetting something...She pondered to herself. She had just walked out and was on her way to school, but she felt like something was missing. She turned around and began back tracking. She walked up the stairs and found wallet on her bed along with her cell phone.

"Dorkwad." she said to herself as she slipped both items into her hoodie pocket. She wore her signature black hoodie over her jeans and boots. Her hair was brown and pin straight down to her mid-back. Her pale grey eyes shined brightly from her even paler complexion. She wasn't exactly thin, but rather shapely, and on the shorter side.

She walked outside again and seen her friend Melody. "Mel, wait up." she yelled as she began running up to her friend.

Melody was taller and slender with curly blonde hair with big blue dark blue eyes. She stopped texting on her sidekick and then smiled at Amelia. "Hey, I almost thought I was late." she said as she rolled her eyes.

Amelia was usually early, and seldom missed a day in school. She grinned, "Sorry, but I almost forgot my cell and wallet today."

"Oh dear, I wonder how you'll get through a whole day without texting your dear bestie." said Melody jokingly as she pretended to be utterly devastated.

Amelia just rolled her eyes, "Laugh if you will. But this is my social life that I'm talking about here. Besides, my mom would freak if I didn't text her during study hall." she said as she playfully shoved her friend.

Melody just laughed, "Alright, so about tonight. Are you sure about going to that party? I heard that there's going to be invite only." she said as she pulled out her sidekick whilst walking with her friend.

Amelia shrugged, "I got invited by Josh, so I was going to go. He gave me an invitation card already. And it said that I could bring anyone I want. And you just so happen to my anyone." said Amelia as she put her arm around her friend.

Melody giggled and hugged her, "Yay! I'm your anybody! So what should I wear, since I'm not cool enough to get an invite." she said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at her friends' wardrobe.

Amelia shook her head, "I don't know. How about that one blue top and your white shorts? You always look cute in that."

Melody hugged her again, "I'm sorry, but I'm not a lesbian. But it's nice to hear all the same." she said with a giggle.

"You know what I meant." said Amelia as she pushed her friend away gently.

Melody just continued laughing as they made their way onto the high school campus. She had on her usual skinny blue jeans with a black hoodie. Her shirt was a cute white tank top with a big read heart in the middle.

Both Amelia and Melody had been best friends since they were babies. They always were mistaken as sister because neither was seen without the other. Even their parents were best friends.

Amelia entered the school building and walked to her locker, she opened it up and put her lunch on the shelf, "I was thinking about wearing this cute little aqua blue dress that I found last week. And with my white flat sandals, you know the ones with the rhinestones on the straps."

Melody nodded, "The ones I got you for your birthday. I swear you must wear them all the time." she said as she shoved her backpack in her locker and pulled out her binder.

Amelia grinned, "I can't help it, they're such fantabulous shoes from an amazing friend." she said as she hugged Melody.

Melody nodded, "I am amazing, aren't I?"

"Alright conceited, let's not inflate that head too much. It's already got enough air." she said as she patted her head.

Melody shoved her playfully as they began racing down the hall to their class as the secondary bell rang.

Amelia made it through most of her classes, and found her friend when they got to the cafeteria. She sat down opened her bag, "I so can't wait for the party tonight." she said as she dumped the contents of her brown lunch bag onto the table.

Melody shrugged, "I wouldn't be to concerned about that. We're only freshman, there's plenty of time for parties." she said as she bit into her apple.

Amelia shrugged, "I guess. But this is invitation only, and there's going to be a lot of seniors' there." she said as she began unwrapping her sandwich.

Melody sighed, "Yeah, but I'm kind of leery about being out late. Didn't you hear about Anna Smith?" she asked as she leaned closer to her friend.

Amelia frowned, "No, what happened? I haven't seen her in forever."

Melody widened her eyes, "That's because she was kidnapped."

"Kidnapped? Don't tell me that this is some kind of stupid superstition. I don't have time for fairy tales." she said as she began munching on her sandwich.

Melody shook her head, "It's not a fairy tale. There have been several girls from this school missing. And none of them have been found yet. My father warned me about it because he's been getting more lost teen girl reports lately. And most seem to disappear from parties. Like, special invitation only parties and no one ever confesses to know anything." said Melody as she got in her dramatic story telling mode.

Amelia rolled her eyes, "Yeah and Superman is right on the case. Next I guess you'll be telling me about Vampires or something." she said as she rolled her eyes.

Melody looked like she was about to say something when she stopped and looked up at a boy. She quickly turned her eyes away, "So anyway, did you finish your homework for trig? I need to finish the last ten problems." said Melody as she began digging around in her back pack for her homework.

Amelia turned and looked around for the boy that Melody was looking at. She swept the room with her eyes momentarily and she settled on a group of boys who turned when she noticed them.

There was a group of maybe four boys. The leader stood in the front, he looked sullen and introverted. He never spoke to the others. They just seemed to meet each other’s gaze as if they were telepathic. The leader had shoulder length black hair and pale white skin. He was chubby and held a tray of food in one hand and a bottle of water in the other.

There was another guy walking behind him rather closely, like a little brother following his older brother. But he had dark brown hair that was straightened into an emo style. He had thick black rimmed glasses that looked like something straight out of the 50’s.

One taller boy had brownish-blondish curly hair that poofed out like an afro, but with longer hair that reached down to his shoulders. He was fairly thin and had some very nice plump lips, for a guy that is.

Another was shorter and more bouncy. He had a smile on his face the entire time, and was probably the only one that seemed to be talking. He had short black hair that was swept off to the side of his face and had a lip ring on the left side with a nose ring on the right side.

Amelia turned back to Melody when the eyes of the leader landed on her. She felt something crawl under her skin, and the mere sight of him looking at her made her nervous. When she looked back up, she saw that they were sitting down at a table near the doors of the cafeteria.

“What are you looking at? Are you going to help me or what?” asked Melody as she opened up her trig book.

“Oh, sorry I wasn’t paying attention. I’ll help you. What problem are you on?” she asked completely flustered. Amelia just couldn’t shake the feeling that perhaps, that wasn’t the first time that the leader had noticed her. And what frightened her was how separated from the rest of the students they seemed to be, even though they sat amongst them.

Maybe no one likes them. Or maybe they have a good reason to stay away. Thought Amelia silently and glanced back towards the boys one more time. She then turned back to her friend. Maybe she was just overreacting again like the paranoid girl that she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I didn't go into too much detail with Anna Smith, but she'll pop out now and again. Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.