Status: Completed

The Belleville Mystery

11- The Final Battle

Back at the battle, the Liberians seemed to have multiplied. Once there were about a hundred, and now looked like there were maybe atleast five hundred.

Amelia and Gerard had both landed in the attic. From there they could see five horses lined up at the edge of the forest. Each with a different rider, there were three women and two men.

"That's the rest of Sheba's clan. She took over after her father passed away. Her mother was like us, and believed in the quiet life. Her father left when he found out, not knowing that she was pregnant again. The first one is Ryu, that's her oldest brother."

Amelia noted the older graying man with the white horse and blue clothing.

"And the second here is Leti, she's powerful. She can emit pain on someone without even touching them. So be careful of her."

Amelia seen the girl on the grey, white spotted horse. The woman was a little thicker than Sheba, and was decorated in a pink sari.

"Then we have Ishmal, he's the youngest. He's pretty strong, so I'd stay away from him if you can avoid it." Gerard added with a small smile.

Amelia nodded as she eyed the burly thick dark man on black mustang.

"And then the last two are twins, Jeltaya and Jusandra. They are quick evaporaters. So be extremely careful with them."

Amelia nodded impatiently, "Well, I'll say that we go fight. We're not going to help out by standing here."

Gerard sighed heavily, "Just please be careful. I couldn't imagine anything happening to you."

"Nothing will happen, I promise." Amelia said as she psyched herself up on the battle.

Gerard pulled her close to him and kissed her deeply. His tongue swirled around hers and gently tickled the roof of her mouth. "Good luck." He said as he looked down at her.

"I don't need luck." Amelia purred as she jumped out of the window. She ran at full speed. She looked like nothing more than a gentle breeze brushing against the wheat grass.

She hid in the forest once she got through to the other side. She crept quietly and found her victim. She broke out from the forest line, and ran towards the horse. She seen a sickle hanging out of the saddle bag and ripped it from it's place.

She held the sickle in place as she raced through the line of leaders. One by one each turned to meet their untimely death. She cried out in victory as she then ran to the battle ground.

She slashed the sickle from left to right as one by one vampire fell motionlessly to the ground. The others fought beside her, not even giving her a second glance as they tried to make their own kill.

Gerard joined the battle and evaporated quicker than you could blink. He snapped one head off at a time. Leaving the bodies to disinegrate by themselves. The bodies began to pile up, and one more issue was against them.

The sky above them was getting lighter and lighter. Luckily the clouds hung over them like nature's shield against the sun. As if the world knew of the epic battle and wanted to pitch in.

Amelia didn't stop her homicidal killing spree when her father's army showed up. Hundreds and hundreds of fresh men waited behind the forest line. Nick pointed forward with his wooden sword and screamed, "CHARGE!"

The men all yelled as they advanced on the Liberians from behind. The Liberians turned around and saw defeat in their wake. There was no way they were going to fight with their enemies closing in from both sides.

Finally the battle grounds grew quiet. Men stood tired as their chests heaved, their bodies covered in black blood. Some men started piling the corpses that didn't disenigrate into fire piles.

Huge puffs of black smoke rose to the air, clashing with the greyness of the sky. The smell was horrible as the corpses were turned to ash.

Amelia stood by one pile. She reluctantly threw a body of a girl no older than she into the fire. She stood feeling regret from killing these people, but knew that there would never be peace if she didn't.

Gerard stood next to her, "Everything will be okay, I promise."

Amelia shrugged, "Just to think, a few days ago my biggest worry was about some stupid midterm. And today, I worry about others like the Liberians."

Gerard hugged her from behind, "Well, we'll be here when they come for us. And we'll be prepared. You fought pretty good for a newbie."

Amelia smiled, "Thanks."

"No problem. But please, don't stake my heart."

"I'd never stake your heart." Amelia said as she turned around to face Gerard. "I could never bring myself to do that to you. I love you."

"I love you too." Gerard said with a kiss.

"I really hate to break the honeymoon, but could I possibly talk to Amelia?" Nick asked as he smiled widely.

Gerard nodded, "I'll be on the porch."

Amelia nodded as she turned to Nick, "So you're my father?"

Nick grinned, "Yeah. I'm sorry that I never tried to find you. The timing between me and whats-his-face..."

"I get it. You weren't sure." Amelia said with a knowing smile.

Nick nodded, "Well, if you ever need anything let me know. Here, this is a late birthday gift." He said as he handed her a grubby little parchment colored box with an oversized red bow.

Amelia smiled, "Thank you." She unwrapped it and looked at the necklace inside. It was a silver chain with a small heart shaped locket. She opened it up and found a small old sepia photo of her mother and Nick. They were both smiling. "Thank you, it's beautiful."

"You see the mirror on the other side? You can use that to contact me." Nick stated with pride.

"Thank you. Maybe we'll get to know each other better." Amelia said with a glimmer of hope.

Nick grinned, "Yeah, that's a definite possibility. So long, I'll come by some time." He said as he embraced Amelia in a friendly hug.

Amelia hugged him back, "Alright. Thank you again."

Nick just nodded as he evaporated with the rest of his men.

Amelia turned and walked back to the house. She smiled at Gerard who was still standing on the porch. "So now what?"

"I say, we go inside for a rest. It's been a long night." He said as he looked up at the lightening sky.

Amelia smiled, "Yeah, it's been a really long night."

Together they walked back into the house. Hand in hand, knowing that everything would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading. I'm officially through with this story, so yeah. I was thinking about adding a sequel, but I'm not sure at this point. And a big special thanks to xmetalgirlx for being the only one to comment thus far. Thank you so much!