Status: Completed

The Belleville Mystery

04- The Secret

Amelia woke up sometime later inside a dark room. She felt around and felt that she was on a bed. Suddenly the lights flickered on and Amelia squeezed her eyes shut, "Who's there?" She croaked, not realizing that her mouth was terribly dry.

Gerard sat down next to her, "Here, you need to eat."

Amelia sat up and looked at him, "Why am I here? Are you kidnapping me too? Please don't hurt me. I don't wanna die, I'm going to be sixteen in a few days." She pleaded as she held onto his arm.

She felt like something surge through her like a tidal wave. Something that made her blood burn like a fever, made her heartbeat race, and her lungs refused to work.

Gerard pushed her away, "I know you're going to be sixteen in a few days. That's why I have to keep you here."

Amelia frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Okay, here's the thing. You're a vampire, well you're going to be a vampire." Gerard said as he stood up and looked out the window.

Amelia never noticed, but it was beginning to get dark outside. "Vampires don't exist."

Gerard shook his head, "If I haven't heard that a million times before." He turned around and smiled, "Look, it's not something easily explained. Vampires exist in only one of two ways: genetic, and through a bite of another vampire. You happen to be one genetically."

Amelia gasped, "How is that possible? My parents aren't vampires!"

"That's the thing. We usually know who to expect, but you weren't on our radar at all. It turns out that your father left you a long time ago. You're mother didn't even know she was carrying you when she got with the man that you refer to as your father now. And that's how you don't know about him."

"So I'm only half vampire? Doesn't that mean that I can live a normal life?" Amelia inquired as she stood next to Gerard.

Gerard shook his head, "No, I'm sorry but you must live as one of us."

"Us? You're a vampire too?"

Gerard winked, "Of course I'm a vampire. It'd be too dangerous for anyone else but a vampire to train you newbies."

Amelia shook her head, "So now what? I'm officially kidnapped?"

"Yeah, you're officially kidnapped. But I'm not sure if you will really change or not. Your scent wasn't all that strong enough for us to catch you ahead of time. So there's a slim chance that you might get out of here."

"Seriously? But if I'm human, what if..."

Gerard stopped her with his finger to her lip, "Shh... Vampires will never hurt you. At least, not the ones here. We're all here for the same thing. To protect the humans from others like us that hunt you down like dogs. We want to keep our identity a secret, you must never tell another living soul about our existence."

Amelia nodded silently, "I promise."

Gerard smiled, "Well you better eat before your food get's too cold. I'll be downstairs with the others. You may join us after you've had a little something in your stomach."

Amelia nodded again, "Alright. Thank you."

Gerard stopped momentarily as he turned around, "You're welcome. Although I would have thought that becoming a monster wouldn't be something to be thankful for."

Amelia bit her lip nervously. She never realized how sexy Gerard was, but knew that the possibility of ever being with him was slim to none. "No, I meant 'thank you' for letting me know about Melody. She's my best friend, and it scared me when I found out that she was missing."

Gerard nodded, "No problem. I knew that the two of you were exceptionally close, and felt that it was the right thing to do. Now eat, we're expecting you down in an hour or so."

Amelia nodded as she returned to the bed where a tray of food lay. She watched as Gerard exited the room. Her tummy rumbled, and she realized then that it had been quite sometime before she last ate. She looked down at the plate of spaghetti and began eating.

Gerard was down stairs with Melody who sat down on the couch with Anna. She looked up, "Amelia's here?"

Gerard nodded, "Yeah, she's here."

Melody grinned, "I'm glad that you've found her. I knew that after my parents figured out about me, that they would tell her parents and they'd probably put her on lock down."

Gerard smiled, "Well she was pretty much on lock down, but she knew that we knew something about you."

Melody smiled widely, "Amelia's smart, nothing ever get's by her."

"And I always knew that you could keep a secret." Gerard said approvingly.

Melody simply grinned, "Of course. I thought I almost blew it that day in the cafeteria. I seen her looking at you, like she was wondering what the connection was between the both of us."

"Well luckily for you that she didn't figure it out until yesterday." Gerard said.

Melody nodded, "Yeah. I'm super sorry about that."

"No worries. You did good my pet," said Gerard as he patted her on the head before kissing her on the forehead.

Melody giggled as she turned her attention back to the TV. Gerard then turned back up the stairs and walked to his room. He entered and shut the door behind him. He laid on the bed and laced his hands behind his head whilst looking up at the ceiling.

Now there was another newbie to take care of, and this one had a very different problem. He was in love with her, but that was a secret that he dared not to share with anyone else. For it could prove to be a very powerful weapon against him. And with the upcoming battle against the Liberian clan, it was something no to be flashed around carelessly. Otherwise it could ruin the fate of the human race.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.