Status: Completed

The Belleville Mystery

07- Intelligence Report

Gerard sat in his office. His head was down as he was looking at the sheet of crinkled parchment. Minutes ago it showed him Amelia sleeping peacefully in her bed, though not like before. He squeezed his eyes shut as he sighed in anger. He knew he should have been more careful around her.

The image stayed on the sheet of paper as Amelia rolled over, her swollen stomach was exposed as she held the sheets like it was a person. He felt something in the pit of his stomach, a twitch of regret. No, not regret... Happiness?

Suddenly his door burst open and he waved a hand over the parchment as the image faded away. "Why did you disturb me Anna?" He asked angrily as he turned to face the young girl.

Anna's eyes were open wide in shock, "I've gathered intelligence, and there's a couple of things that you should see." She stated as she stood straight.

Gerard rubbed his chin as if pondering something, "And what might that be, my pet?"

Anna held out a hand and closed her eyes. An holographic image shone in the dark room. The first image showed a small army of maybe fifty vampires with bright red shining eyes, like those of reflectors.

"The liberians are coming this way?" Gerard inquired as he watched the scene unfold.

"Yes, and there's something else." Anna added as she switched the image.

This image was different. It showed an older rough looking man. His chestnut brown hair was streaked with silver wisdom, and his eyes were steely gray. He was obviously angry from the sight of his blood red eyes and twisted smile.

"What is this?" Gerard asked as he gestured toward the man.

"That is Nick Shore. He seen you with his daughter and he's determined to kill you." Anna spoke softly as though in sorrow.

Gerard snickered, "Kill me? But he's the one who abandoned her; didn't even come back to show her the way of..."

"That's because he didn't know of her existence and if she really was his child. The only way he could know was when she turned sixteen. If he could see her in the crystal ball, then he would know that she is his daughter. And when he seen her, you were..." Anna stopped abruptly as she grew embarassed.

"So he caught me in bed with her? Huh... What side is he on?" Gerard snapped, his patience beginning to fade.

"He's on ours. He's supposed to be ready for the Liberians tonight, but instead he's coming after you." Anna said as she stopped the image and put her hand back down.

Gerard exhaled loudly, "What's his ETA?"

"Two hours and thirteen minutes." Anna replied with a nod.

"So that's little time to train the two newbies, but we're going to have to do it. Get the room ready, it's time to break them in." Gerard said as he exited his room.

Amelia laid in her new room as she looked up at the ceiling in boredom. Thinking about herself, and the changes that she had been through. She was a vampire... A real vampire and she still couldn't believe it. What if everything wasn't like it was said to be, and that everything that has been said to not exist in fact did really exist? It was possible, because many acres and miles of land laid untouched by humans.

Amelia rolled over on to her stomach to look out of the window. That's when she felt something, a litte something twitch inside her. She ignored it and suddenly the hairs on her arm began to stand on end. She felt like she was being sucked out of the real world.

Suddenly she was thrown into a different scene. One where she was floating above some guy as he was flying. Amelia looked around and seen nothing but trees passing them by, limbs that should have hit them missed her for some reason. She floated on top of this guy as he continued making his way through the forest.

She suddenly floated to the front of him and seen his face. It was just like hers. The strong straight nose, the wide steely eyes, and those soft almost pouting lips. But something stood out to her, those wide black feathered wings. "Dad?" She asked herself before she was thrown back into the real world.

She gasped and sat up. Not knowing exactly what had happened, she stood up and looked around. She then exited her room.

"Gerard! Gerard!" Amelia called as she was going down the stairs.

Melody got up and ran to her friend, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but my father's coming for me." She said as she tried to escape Melody's grip.

"How would your father know where you're at?" Melody asked as she still held Amelia near her.

"Not him, my real father. He's coming for me!" Amelia said extatically.

Melody's expression softened, "Well, Gerard's not here. We're supposed to be training in ten minutes."

"What do you mean train? How are we supposed to be training? And for what?" Amelia spat as she looked at Melody.

Melody just shrugged, "I don't know what or why we are training. I just know that we have to train, and we've only got two hours to do so."

Amelia let go of her friend and backed away, "We only have two hours to train? H-h-how can he expect us to train in that little amount of time?"

"Because your lives depend on it."

Both girls turned around and found Gerard leaning against the wall. Half of a lit cigarette hung from his mouth.

"What?" Asked Amelia hotly as she faced him.

Gerard looked up and inhaled his cigarette smoke. He then grabbed it and exhaled as he held it comfortably between his fingers. "There's a lot at stake here. I didn't mean for any of this to happen quite so soon. You're father is coming for you. He might try to attack the whole house to get to you. He's been searching for you and he knows you've changed. He's seen me with you, and he's going to be after me and anyone who stands in the way."

"So why are we training? Just take him on one on one." Melody screamed as she held her friend back.

"It's not because I'm going to make you fight for me. I just want you guys to be prepared... in case I don't make it." Gerard said with a shrug as he lifted up his cigarette back to his mouth and sucked in the smoke.

"No, don't say that. You're going to make it." Amelia said as she walked up to him. Tears of blood ran down her face.

Gerard walked over and wiped her tears away, "Don't cry Amelia, it' s not very becoming of you."

"Then let's train. We're not getting anywhere like this." Melody said as she found her inner strength.

"Then let's go down the basement. There's one thing that I can do, and that would be to give you guys each ten cc's of my blood. And from there you'll get some of my strength, and knowledge of battles. Once it's in your systems, we will have a training session to make sure that you both are capable of fighting this battle. If we find that you cannot, then you shall be shipped somewhere safe until I return or someone else of the clan does."

"And what if no one comes back?" Amelia inquired as she held onto Gerard's hand.

Gerard suddenly closed his eyes, "You've seen your father on his way here? Fascinating. You've got the gift of sight, external sight."

Amelia looked around as though embarassed, "Yeah, I was going to talk to you about that."

"Well, there's no time for that now. We've got to train you both for battle. So let's head down to the basement, shall we?" Gerard asked as he held the door open for the girls.

Amelia nodded fearfully as she walked down the stairs whilst clutching onto Melody's hand like she did when they were younger. It was something that she did to help herself and Melody both relax in difficult situations. But this time, their lives depended on their training. So neither girl was even close to relaxing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.