Sequel: Leave It Up To Fate
Status: not sure yet.. just an idea

Holding Me Tight, Wherever You Go

Chapter 20

"You need to take me to the hospital," I choked out.

He nodded and stood up in only his boxers and threw on a pair of sweatpants and a different shirt since I was wearing his. Then he got me changed into my undergarments before putting on a pair of his sweatpants and t-shirts. He picked up my crumpled, sobbing self off his bed and carried me to his truck and buckled me up before driving towards the hospital.

I had calmed down a bit by the time we got to the hospital so I got out of the truck and Tyler met me around the front wrapping his arms around me and kissing the side of my head.

"He's gonna be ok," Tyler told me to which I just nodded. He grabbed my hand and we walked in.

We walked through the main entrance and went up to the desk.

"I'm here to see Matt Davies," I said.

She looked down at her paper and wrote out a visitors pass. "Go down this hallway until you see the elevator on the right. Take elevator B up to the 4th floor. His room is number 406." she told me.

"Thank you,"

We got to my dad's room and saw my mom sitting in the chair next to him holding his hand as she cried. I looked at his face with tubes coming from all different directions and cuts all over his face.

I gasped trying to hold in a sob with my hand over my mouth. My mom turned around and walked over, wrapping her arms around me.

"W-what happened?" I cried.

"He got into an accident sweetie. He was driving when a drunk driver went through a red light and t-boned him," she said.

"I-It's all my fault," I said.

"No, it's not,"

"Mom, I got into a huge fight with him before I left, I never fought with him before. What if he doesn't make it?!" I sobbed.

"He will be fine sweetheart,"

"Mrs. Davies?" a doctor called out. My mom patted my arm before walking over to him.

Tyler walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me but I pushed him away.

"It's all your fault!" I yelled at him, "My dad and I, we-we got in a fight about you and me! Then we go off and do what I told him I wasn't going to! It's all your fault!" I started hitting my fists against his chest, "Why did we do it? You manipulated me, didn't you? You don't love me, do you?! You are probably going to regret we even did it! Or no, you will break up with me because you used me! How could you Tyler?! It was a mistake, we are a mistake!"

He grabbed my arms and pulled me close as I grew weak at hitting him and just let my arms fall around his waist as I melted into his hold.

"I love you so much, I will never ever regret what we did tonight. I did not use you and you no that. We are not a mistake and what we did was not a mistake. What happened tonight was not your fault, it wasn't anybodys fault besides the dumbass who decided to get behind the wheel after drinking.Your dad is going to be ok baby, he loves you and will wake up for you, I promise," he said with our foreheads touching.

"Don't make a promise you can't keep,"

"I can keep it, I know your dad, he is strong," he whispered as he started getting teary eyed as well.

"Yeah, he is,"

"Maddie," I heard my mom. I turned around to look at her and she wore a smile.

"He is going to be ok," she smiled. "He just woke up,"

"Are you kidding?!" I asked.

"Nope, he wants to see you," she smiled.

I ran into the room and over to my dad's bedside with tears streaming down my face.

"Daddy," I said.

"Hey baby girl," he whispered. I started to sob, "Hey, hey, hey, I'm ok," he tried calming me down, "Come here," he said pulling on my hand that was placed in his.

I sat next to him on the bed laying on his shoulder. "I was so scared, I thought I lost you," I cried.

"You will never lose me," he said.

"I am so sorry about earlier today-" I started.

"No, I was wrong. I know Tyler is a good kid and I know you are as well. I just don't want to see you grow up, I was being selfish. You and Tyler are old enough to make good choices and I trust you will be together for a while," he said.

"Thanks daddy,"

"Now, I can't believe I'm saying this but I want you to stay the night at Tyler's, your mom is going to stay with me and I don't want you home alone," he said.

"Ok, I love you daddy, feel better," I said kissing his forehead.

I grabbed Tyler's hand and we walked down the hallway to leave.

"Do you want to stop at your house first so you can get some other clothes?" he asked and I nodded.

Once we arrived at my house we both walked up into my room and when I opened the door and turned on the light. My room was decorated with cut out fish all over the walls and in the middle of my floor was a kiddie pool filled with water and real koi on the inside. Then on my window written in the window marker read 'Out of all the fish in the sea, will you go to prom with me?'

I turned around to see Ty with a huge smile on his face.

"Of course!" I said wrapping my arms around his neck as he returned the hug. Not that he had a doubt about me saying yes, it was a pretty obvious answer. "How did you get all of this done I was with you all day!"

"Your parents helped out," he smirked.

"Thank you!" I smiled and kissed his cheek.

After I finished grabbing all my clothes we headed back out the door and to Tyler's house for the night. Later, we were laying in bed with Tyler's arm around me as my head rested on his chest.

"You were right," I said after a comfortable silence.

"About what?"

"You said everything was going to be fine, and that Dad would be ok, and he is, you were right," I smiled and kissed his chest.

"I'm always right," he smirked.

"I'm sorry about blaming you, and doubting us"

"Don't worry about it, you were upset and needed someone to blame,"

"Why are you so good to me?" I asked honestly.

"Because I love you," he said simply.

I pushed my self up to peck his lips, "And I love you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry this is kinda short but I really wanted to update for you all. Fro mthis point in the story things may go by kinda fast. The next chapter will be prom/graduation and then skip to college. There will probably be around 10 chapters left maybe then possible sequel if you guys want it? so let me know :)

--Lauren

thank you
SomethingJack6608
Bevo.