Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Oh Brother

Mikey’s POV

It’s been a week since my dad has laid a finger on Gerard or I though he’s still in the house because my parents are getting a divorce and he has to be around for the paper work and all that crap. There are some good things that came out of this situation though, Gabriel is now over everyday after school and Aiden comes around a lot, also it’s safe for Frank to come over too. When Gabriel and/or Aiden are around my dad stays in his room and doesn’t come out at all, Gerard and I practically own the house oh yeah our mum also comes home earlier I think she’s taken a liking to Aiden and Gabriel.
My mum and dad have been to the lawyer and got the paper work and stuff now they have to figure out all their belongings and stuff, it’s the long part my mum says and she also said it probably will take a month of two, too long I think. Gerard was stuck to bed rest for the first four days after my dad beat us up, he’s got two fractured ribs but none of them are broken. Gerard was fine with staying in bed as long as he had his sketchbook with him he was just fine, oh and a lot of painkillers. Every time Aiden came around she went straight upstairs to see Gerard, I would say Gerard liked that but I would be lying he loved it.

I loved having everyone around the house felt so full it was great and then when we were at school no one would really pick on Frank or I either. It was just since Gabriel and Aiden were hanging out with us, I guess they made us look cooler? Maybe we’re not the losers anymore? I hope so I’m so sick of being beaten up, I hope it’s the same for Gerard too he hasn’t been back to school yet I think he’s kind of scared that he’ll be beaten up and hurt even more. Frank was acting a little weird I’m not quite sure why but it was just weird half the time he wasn’t pay attention and I’m not talking about in class. Sometimes we’ll all be sitting talking and one moment he’ll be laughing and then the next second he’ll be staring off into space and have no idea what we were talking about and then when I ask him about it he’ll act ignorant to the fact he was doing it.

--- 1 month later ---

This last month has been really weird first thing having my dad around all the time is different and at times awkward, second my mum has been home too, earlier than she use to thought that only means around 8:30 but that is still early. Third Gabriel and Aiden have been around practically everyday after school along with Frank of course and last but not least Gerard has been acting even weirder than normal. He goes out just before mum normally gets home and then doesn’t come back home until the early hours of the morning and then when he wakes up he looks really sick, I think he’s going out and getting wasted but what do I know? As he said the other night when I asked him about it.

This morning when I got up my mum was still there and she was really, really happy she’s hardly ever happy unless you count the times when Aiden and Gabriel are here but at the moment she’s genuinely happy.

“Hey mum why you still home?” I asked as I pulled on a shirt and walked into the kitchen where she was

“Can’t a mother make her beautiful kids breakfast?” she asked me grinning, that’s when I noticed she was cooking bacon and eggs and there was a large pot of coffee sitting on the counter ready to be drunk

“Yeah and her kids will love her forever” I smiled at her and then grabbed our largest mug and got some coffee, and then I thought about the situation some more, she laughed.

“Okay mum what happened?” I asked as I started chewing on a piece of toast

“Well since you ask… the papers came this morning,” she replied smiling even more if that was possible. Wow that was fast she said that it would take a month at the least so I just assumed it would take longer than a month since nothing happens in the least amount of time.

“That’s awesome mum, so do you and dad just have to sign it and send it off?” I questioned having my breakfast, I probably should wake Gerard up and tell him the good news and wake Frank up as well as he stayed over again.

“Yeap and then it’s all over” she was so happy I was glad to see her like this, I was also glad to know that soon my dad will be out of the house. In the agreement mum got the house and of course custody of us kids, actually my dad hardly got anything I bet he wished he hadn’t of beat us now but we also found out just a few weeks ago that he did have another family in LA and another house so no one felt sorry for him not like anyone would anyway.

“Gerard wake up I have the greatest news in the world” I shook him lightly to wake him up

“Fuck off Mikey” he whacked my arm; it wasn’t in the least bit hard. I looked at him he had huge bags under his eyes and his skin was nearly as pale as Gabriel’s and Aiden’s but it didn’t glow

“Gerard mum got the divorce papers, in a week or so dad will be gone forever” I explained even though he told me to go away

“She what?” he asked sitting up, he looked like death itself, he would probably think that was cool.

“She got the papers,” I repeated

“That’s great” he forced a smile it looked so fake and unnatural yet I can remember when he smiled and it made everyone else in the room smile with him.

“There’s breakfast and coffee downstairs too” I told him as I got up and walked to the door. I left his room as he got up out of bed but before I did I noticed how skinny he had gotten, I swear I could nearly see his ribs. He always wore his normal clothing they had become a little baggy on him but I didn’t really notice that much. I went back to my room and woke Frank, we went downstairs and had breakfast Gerard was down there too he looked much better than he had when I had awoken him. Like normal Gerard gave us a lift to school and then when we got there Gabriel and Aiden were waiting for us, Gwendolyn never seemed to be around anymore.

“Morning” Gabriel greeted us looking as happy as I felt

“Good morning” I replied grinning at him. Gabriel my angel, my saviour, my love except for the fact that he didn’t know it, one day I’ll tell him one day when I get enough guts.

“Morning Gerard” Aiden greeted him; he looked up at her after he finished locking the car. She normally didn’t greet him individually; she didn’t greet anyone individually but none of us minded.

“Um… hey Aiden” he responded unsure I don’t think he counted on being talked to this morning

“How are you?” she asked, Frank and Gabriel were talking together while I pretended to pay attention

“I’m fine,” he replied like he normally did to anyone who asked, I think she gave him a look because he replied again

“I’m okay trust me,” he said angrily and then walked away, Aiden came back to us and acted like nothing happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I may not have gotten the comments but i wanted to update, this one is really just a filler