Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Holy ***ing Shit

Gerard’s POV

Why is everything so confusing and hard? This world fucking sucks! I was thankful that today we had a day off school, probably wouldn’t have gone anyway. Why did Frankie have to hear that? It ruined everything! What I had with him was good, it was so good, and no I wasn’t using him! Well maybe I was but I couldn’t resist I’ve always had a soft spot for him and I know he does for me and well it just led on from there. Okay so maybe the first time I was drunk and the next I was drugged but the time after that I was sober, until I had to leave him in the morning and get a fix, like I have to do now.
Frankie was the only light I could see at the end of my long and dark tunnel, he may have been dim but he was still there, unlike Aiden. Aiden gave me a reason to live but she’s disappeared and left me here to rot, so why shouldn’t I? I’ve now lost Frankie as well and that was because of her, why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut when I slept?

I drove down to my friends to get a hit, when I was down there I decided to stoke up on a few things that I’d need soon. That day went painfully slowly I didn’t want to go home because Frankie might be back but I didn’t want to stay with these fuck wits so I drove around for a bit. I got home at about two in the morning and then went straight upstairs to sleep. Mikey woke me up in the morning it was late like normal, I got ready headed downstairs expecting to see Frankie. Mikey came running down with his school bag in tow and quickly grabbed some coffee too, I guess we were running late

“Where’s Frank?” I asked him, he looked stunned. Just because I hadn’t said more than a word to him for the past two weeks didn’t mean he could give me that look when I did

“He said his parents wanted him to spend at least one night at home this week” Mikey smiled and then headed for the door, I followed. On the way to school I couldn’t help but be happy. I had already planned my day, my last day. This time I was sure it was my last day unlike the other time when Aiden had come back and found me but she wouldn’t be coming back this time. I said goodbye to Mikey giving him a hug he thought it was weird but I smiled at him and then he smiled back thinking it was okay. I loved Mikey more than anything in this world, I didn’t want to leave him like that without saying a proper goodbye but it was better that way. I went to my first and second period classes then I decided that I’d spent enough time there. I wanted to see Frankie one last time but I couldn’t find him.

I drove home thinking how much better it’d be when I’m no longer here. I got home and no one was around it was peacefully silent. I went up to my room and gathered all my equipment. I went into the bathroom and ran myself a bath this time I was going to make sure I wouldn’t be able to be saved. I dressed myself in my favourite clothing and then went back into the bathroom. I laid out all my things; there was my faithful razor blade, a container of strong sleeping pills, some of my favourite heroine and some other pills. When my bath was run I made sure it was at just the right temperature I didn’t want to be standing in the bath waiting for my body to get use to the temperature while I was bleeding out and high. I wrote a note to Mikey telling him how much I’d miss him but he’d be better without me and to say sorry to Frankie for me and that I did like him. I wrote a separate note to Aiden telling her how much she meant to me, not like she’d care and that I was sorry for leaving but I just couldn’t take it anymore. As I sealed the letter and put them on the basin I thought about what I was doing for a second, at the moment I felt happy but I knew that was only because I was leaving and nothing to do with anything else.

I decided I should get in the bath first; I did the heroine first seeing it needed the most concentration out of all my poisons. Next I took the random pills and then I picked up my razor. I kissed it once for good luck and then drew it over my old scars on my wrists, just in case I drew another one below that and the same on my other wrist. I watched as the blood seeped out of the wounds and into the bath water. I grabbed the sleeping pills and the glass of water next to them as best as I could, I was becoming weak fast. I shoved about two-dozen sleeping pills into my mouth and then tried to down them with the water, it took a little while but I got them down in the end. I lay in that bath with my wrists in the water and thought about Aiden and her beautiful face; I wanted to have her image in my mind when I died. My head became heavy and I lost the will to hold myself up, I slipped into the bath and felt the darkness around me.

Aiden’s POV

I was sitting at my piano playing when I looked out the window and thought I saw someone, I ran straight out there but no one was there or had been. It was the third time that morning that I had thought I had seen someone, it wasn’t even 6:30 yet! I let out a sigh, I had been here alone for a week or more now, I was lonely but I didn’t want to go back to the drama at home. I thought about it and decided I would just go back for a day at the least. I locked up the house and drove home, no one would be there by the time I got back except of course Elizabeth, and I always liked talking to her anyway. When I arrived back Gerard’s car was in the driveway, it was like déjà vu. I parked my car in the garage this time and then went inside, Elizabeth was ecstatic to see me I was glad to see her also but I was already worrying about Gerard. I decided to go over and say hello.

When I knocked on his door there was no reply I started to worry a lot. I opened the door but I couldn’t smell the blood this time I was happy but I still wasn’t happy with the no reply. I followed his trail upstairs and then into the bathroom, again. The door wasn’t locked but I was smelling blood, it was diluted a lot but I could still smell it. I opened the bathroom door to see the sight of Gerard Way dying again.

“Fuck Gerard” I swore for the first time in my very long life. I jumped into the bath and pulled him out, I quickly wrapped his wrists in bits of my t-shirt again and then put my fingers down his throat again, this time there was no reaction. His heart was hardly beating at all.

“Gerard” I growled at him like it was suppose to do something. I took him straight over to Elizabeth maybe she could help me, I laid him on our kitchen counter as I tried to make him breath but it wasn’t working.

“Aiden he’s not coming back” she said sadly as she put a hand on my shoulder. How dare she say that? The nerve.

“Yes he is” I growled at her, she took many steps back I must have really scared her.

“Aiden there’s nothing we can do for him,” she said sadly again

“There’s one thing,” I whispered low enough for only her to hear it though there was no one around.

“Are you sure Aiden” she was back at my side

“There’s nothing else and I’ll be dammed if he’s going to die” I replied harshly but not growling

“But he wants to die Aiden, this is his second attempt” she reminded me, I didn’t really need to be reminded I was the one who has found him both times

“No he wants to live he told me, he wants to live forever he doesn’t really want to die” I responded, he had told me this once. I wasn’t going to let him go and I could hear his heart beating its last beats.

“It is your choice Aiden,” she said as she nodded her head, I nodded back as I reached his neck and bit him once. I had to restrain myself from taking the rest of his blood though there wasn’t much, memorises of Gwendolyn and Gabriel came back to me. I then cut my own wrists and dripped some of my blood into his mouth, I had to keep the cut stretched so it wouldn’t heal up straight away.

I sat in the sink while I waited for him to respond to the bite. I was nearly in tears after a minute of him not responding and then he did, he was still unconscious but it was like his heart started beating again although it couldn’t now. I let out a sigh of relief and looked up at Elizabeth, she looked happy but there was something else behind her smile.

“What is it Elizabeth?” I asked her,

“What are you going to do with him now?” she asked, that’s when I realised what she was thinking. He was going to wake up sometime and he was going to be in pain screaming the house down and then he would want to feed.

“I need to go back to the house” I came to a conclusion, I also needed to hide Gerard’s car and make up a story.

“Yes” Elizabeth nodded

“Can you hide Gerard’s car somewhere far away so that it looks like he’s run away?” I asked her, I was glad my mind worked really fast. It was believable to think that Gerard had run away, Mikey would be sad but it would be better than Gerard committing suicide.

“Yes” Elizabeth replied as she disappeared from the house, then I remember another problem, the mess in his house. That would take me a minute or two to clean up, Gerard wouldn’t wake up in that time he had taken too much drugs. I ran to his house and cleaned it all up, I had to scrub the bath clean to get the smell of blood off it but it didn’t come off completely. Gabriel would be able to smell it when he got back, I picked up the letters he had left and put the rest of the stuff in our rubbish. I thought about the story I was leaving Mikey with and decided to write him a letter from Gerard, I didn’t want to read the letter he had left for Mikey but I had to if I wanted Gerard’s runaway letter to sound truthful. I wrote the letter in practically the same words except I left out the parts where Gerard said he would never be back. When I came across the mention of Frank it confused me but I wrote it down too. I left it on the coffee table in Mikey’s lounge so he would see it, I promised Mikey in the letter than Gerard would write and I would make him, just so Mikey would know he was okay and still alive.

I put Gerard in the back of my car covering him up and restraining him in case he woke up. He would wake up in the five hours it took to get there but I’d have to deal with that when it happened. I left Gabriel a note at home as Elizabeth wasn’t back and I don’t know when she would be. I was about three hours into the trip when Gerard started moaning from the pain. I speed up hoping he wouldn’t make much noise or move in the next two hours or hour if I was quick enough. He continued to moan and then started shrieking in pain after an hour, I was only half an hour away from the house and we were in the middle of the forest already. He was screaming by the time I got him to the house. I carried him into the house, it was hard because he was trying to fight me off and he had become strong already.

“Gerard it’s Aiden” I called out to him as I lay him on the dinning room table, it didn’t matter where he was I just need somewhere he could twist and turn without hitting something. He didn’t reply he just kept screaming in pain

“Gerard it’s okay” I tried yelling without growling

“Fuck you” she shouted at me that made me laugh.

“Gerard it’s Aiden” I called to him again, his head snapped in my direction and his eyes connected with mine.

“What’s happening to me?” he cried out in pain again and pulled his eyes away from mine,

“You’re turning Gerard” I told him he shook his head violently,

“What’s happening?” he cried out again,

“You’re becoming a vampire” I explained his whole body froze but I could tell he was still in pain. His face was tortured and twisted I hated seeing him like this I was just glad Gabriel wasn’t around then I would have to see double.

“I’m a vampire Gerard” I looked at him his eyes were wide with horror, I knew he would run and scream but now he couldn’t and probably wouldn’t now. He lay there twitching a lot and biting his lip, blood started leak from them.

“Gerard don’t do that” I growled at him and searched the house for something strong enough that he could bite on; all I found was a small piece of metal from the garage. I pried his mouth open and stuck it between him teeth. He looked at me evilly and then bit down on it, he looked surprised when he dented it.

“Vampire” I repeated in a normal tone since he wasn’t screaming now. He didn’t look like he was in so much pain anymore but I knew he still was and would be for another hour or so.

I heard a car outside and then Gabriel was in front of me. I looked at him his face changed in a second from concerned to absolute pain.

“Gabriel what did you think you were doing in coming here” I growled at him seeing him in so much pain

“Aiden I needed to know what happened” he doubled over in pain

“Gabriel get out of here, now” I growled at him fiercely now, if he was in that much pain then Gerard was in the same amount but he didn’t show it as much. Gabriel looked up at me

“Come back in an hour Gabriel” I growled and then he disappeared, I looked over at Gerard his face was a mixture of pain and understanding

“I told you once Gerard that my life isn’t what it seems and that I have had to pay an enormous price for it and I didn’t want it. I also said that if you knew exactly what I was then you wouldn’t want to know me though you seemed to think differently. You thought it’d be cool if I was a vampire or something, funny how right you were” I grinned to myself, his eyes just lit up and then he spat the piece of metal out of his mouth.

“Holy fucking shit” he exclaimed as he sat up…