Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Holiday?

Mikey’s POV

Friday was a good day, the sun was shining, we were on time for school again and of course Gabriel was sitting next to me in all of my classes it was a perfect day. Our new neighbours seemed to have an affect on everyone around them, the teachers had become nicer to Frank and I since Gabriel and Aiden had joined our classes, and it was weird. Gabriel and Aiden were really smart which helped keep the teachers away and Gabriel helped both Frank and I, Aiden didn’t really talk to Frank or I that much only to her brother and it was always so quiet I was amazed he always heard her. I thought Aiden would become friendlier with time but I guess it hasn’t been enough time yet, I just hope she does because it’s becoming awkward to talk to her.

Friday after school I invited Gabriel to come over to my house, Frank was going to be there as well of course. Gabriel had to ask his parents but once we pulled into the drive he was already waiting at our front step, he said he had already asked them and they said it was fine. I was amazed that he had had enough time, I would’ve guess that they had just gotten home but I think they must speed home. We spent the whole afternoon in my room talking about random things though most of it was about bands we all liked, I found out that Gabriel likes really, really old music as well as the new stuff. I hadn’t heard of half of his favourite bands or as he called them ‘performers’, Gabriel seemed to be very old fashioned. He left my house at around 7:30 saying that he had to go home for dinner, though when I thought about it then I had never seen him eat a thing or drink anything for that matter.

That weekend was very quiet, Frank and I got bored so we thought we would go and visit Gabriel but when we knocked no one was there the house was completely empty and it gave off an eerie feeling. It was creepy like no one really lived there; we looked through the windows being the noisy teenagers we are. Their house was beautiful, it was so clean and neat it looked like a show home out of a magazine, nothing was out of place and everything looked perfectly immaculate. Their car didn’t replace itself for the whole weekend; I came to the conclusion that they went on a short holiday. Frank and I spent the rest of the weekend hanging out like normal; he didn’t leave once like normal you know sometimes I think he should just move in, my parents wouldn’t care they’re never here Gerard wouldn’t care Frank practically lives here anyway and Frank’s parents wouldn’t care either they hate him and Frank hates them.

When Monday came I was expecting to see their car in the drive but it didn’t show up, actually it didn’t show up for the rest of the week until Friday came. On Friday morning their car was there just like the pervious week and when I got to first period Gabriel and Aiden were sitting in their normal seats. Gabriel told me they went on a short holiday to New York to look around just like what I had guessed. Both him and Aiden seemed happier, calmer almost. I don’t know what it was but there didn’t seem to be as much tension between Aiden and I she was weird. That Friday was much like the last except it was cloudy which meant it was probably going to be a wet weekend.