Status: Chapter 8 i nao uppers :D

A Little Piece Of Insanity

Lucy And Her Possessed Cymbals

Lexi’s POV
*two weeks later*

‘’ZACHARY! Ugh I swear one of these days I’m going to castrate that boy,’’ Pansy muttered, chasing after Short Shit number two, who had been trying to hook up with our new co-worker, Casey. Zacky, realizing that Pansy was about to end his sex life for good, hopped over the front desk, ran past me, and went to hide in the back room. She quickly followed, and I heard quite a few things being thrown around and fall over. Casey just looked at me as if I had 3 heads and was about to sprout another.
As you can probably tell, Pansy and I are at work again. Zacky and Short Shit are here, since they both had off of work today, unlike everyone else. Although it’s practically a given fact that as soon as their shifts are over, they’ll be headed in this general direction. We should probably put a safety lock on the front door, now that I think about it…
Yes, we are officially friends with the guys and Val. Jimmy, on the other hand, has basically become my best guy friend, although it’s hard for him to show up sometimes since he has a life sucking leech for a girlfriend. I haven’t seen Kari since that incident at the bar a few weeks ago. In return for the mess I made of her face, she’s done everything she possibly can do to keep my best friend away from me. She’s evil, I tell you, EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL! *shakes fist angrily*
I rung up a few customers, one of which kept asking me if I work here on weekends, whom I repeatedly told that no, I do not. I handed him his bag containing his new pair of drumsticks and he left without another word. Fucking creeper…
Pansy appeared from the back room finally, dragging Zacky out by the ear. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand to try and conceal my laughter when she pulled him over to Casey.
‘’Apologize to the nice girl for trying to get into her pants!’’ Pansy demanded, tightening her grip on Zacky’s ear. He looked at her as if she was out of her mind, which, well…
‘’But I wasn’t-OW!’’ he tried to explain, before she pulled his ear even harder, ‘’I apologize for trying to get into your pants,’’ he muttered, causing Casey’s face to turn quite red. Pansy released her prisoner and skipped over to me with a satisfied look on her face.
‘’OOGLY BOOGLY!’’ Johnny yelled, popping up beside me behind the counter, thus resulting in Pansy and I screaming. We gave the garden gnome our best death glares.
I punched him in the arm. ‘’DO THAT AGAIN AND I’LL PAY JIMMY TO GIVE YOU A FORCED LAP DANCE!’’ I yelled. Johnny’s eyes looked like they were going to fly out of his head and hit us in the face.
Pansy and I were finally on our lunch break, and since Casey had hers too, she tagged along with Shorty and Zack. We all walked over to Dunkin Donuts, where the guys were supposedly waiting for our arrival.
The five of us ordered what we wanted, me getting a grape soda, egg bagel with cream cheese and a chocolate coconut donut. We grabbed our food and walked over to where Jimmy, Matt and Brian sat; they had two tables pushed together. As soon as Jimmy spotted me, he jumped up out of his seat, knocking Brian’s hot coffee over into Matt’s lap, and picked me up. I laughed and gave him a hug while being in the air, oblivious to the fact that Matt was yelling obscenities at everyone, due to the hot coffee that had landed on his private parts. There’s never a dull moment, is there?
‘’LEXI I’VE MISSED Y-SHIT! MATT I’M SORRY!’’ Jimmy yelled, putting me down and running to get napkins for poor Matthew. I tried so hard not to laugh, I really did, but Matt’s facial expression was too fucking funny. He gave me the finger and I threw my bottle cap at his head.
It didn’t surprise me when I saw Pansy and Brian playing tonsil hockey next to the bathrooms. I give them less than 5 minutes before they can’t keep it in their pants any longer. Are they going out or what? I never got the chance to ask her that, but I’ll be sure to do so when I remember again. I’m such a nosy little bitch ^-^.
When the whole spilled coffee situation was cleaned up (resulting in Matt sticking a bag of ice a DD employee gave him on his Mini Matt) we all sat down and ate and whatnot. I sat next to Jimbo, who I can honestly say kept me thoroughly entertained. He was telling me about his adventures with the guys, which you could probably guess all ended up chaotic in some way or another.
‘’So after high school, the guys and I took this like cross country road trip in my dad’s RV, and we stopped one night in Colorado I think. It was like fucking -10 degrees outside, and I had to go to the bathroom, and I couldn’t use the one in the RV because Brian was drunk and asleep on the toilet, so I was forced to go outside. So I go out in this like red marshmallow jacket, I felt like a fucking squishy tomato, and in the middle of doing my business, I heard an animal growling or some shit, so I ran back into the bus. At that point I just wanted to get the fuck away from there, so I tried driving, which was a bad idea since the roads were completely covered in ice, and I ended up crashing the RV into the side of this old biker bar,’’ Jimmy laughed.
My eyes were wide with anticipation. ‘’What happened after that?’’ I asked, looking around at everyone else. That was when Jimmy lifted up the side of his shirt, revealing a scar that went from his right hip to underneath his pants.
‘’You got stabbed?!’’ I practically yelled, lightly running my fingers over the faded red mark. He nodded proudly.
‘’Yep, this like army of buff, tattooed and bearded men came out and got to the RV before I could even wake the guys and tell them to fucking run before we got killed. Johnny got it the worst though. He had like five guys ganging up on him and in the end he had a few broken ribs, a concussion and like three stab wounds.’’
I looked over at Johnny, who nodded grimly, most likely trying to keep that memory out of his cranium. ‘’I was in the hospital for like two months because of this fucktard,’’ he laughed, glaring at Jimmy when he blew a straw wrapper at his face.
For the first time during the whole conversation, Casey spoke up. ‘’Psh, I could’ve totally kicked their asses, do you see these guns?’’ she laughed, revealing to us her ‘’muscles.’’ Zacky gave her a challenging look.
‘’MINE ARE BIGGER!’’ he said in a kiddy voice, trying to make his muscles seem bigger than Casey’s, which they were. Casey glared.
‘’I could kick your ass any day, Baker Boy,’’ she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.
I’m pretty sure I’ll be playing matchmaker for these two.
All too soon our lunch break ended, as well as the guys’. They left with a promise of hanging out with us later; Zacky gave us strict orders to bring Casey so he could arm wrestle her. See? He hasn’t even known her for a full day and he’s already fallen under her brunette charm.
Getting Pansy out of the bathroom with Brian took quite a lot of effort, including a lot of threats involving getting Brian ‘fixed.’ Needless to say, once Jimmy threatened to break into the bathroom butt naked while doing the can-can, they busted out of there like bats out of hell. I silently thanked god they were both fully clothed.
Pansy, Casey and I finally got back to work, Zacky going with the guys and Jimmy, deciding he could skip the rest of work, came with us. He brought Johnny along, just for the sake of trying to balance out the estrogen with testosterone.
Liam, who had been filling in for the three of us, looked relieved when we entered. Guitar Center wasn’t very busy at this time of day, but from the looks of it, Liam had dealt with too many people today and he wanted to get the fuck home already.
‘’Thank fucking god, I thought you guys were never gonna get back,’’ he sighed, pushing his brown hair out of his face, ‘’I love how every time you go out to lunch, I get stuck with the crazy mob of customers.’’
I laughed at him. ‘’You can go home, we’ll take it from here!’’ I yelled, walking across the store to the drum section, Jimmy close behind. Johnny went off to look at basses while Casey and my partner in crime went to the checkout counter. I was too lazy to work, so I chose to try and get Jimmy to play for me. For some reason I love watching him play the drums, it shows how much he loves what he does and you can tell he worked hard to get as good as he is now.
I smiled when I saw his eyes light up at the sight of the huge black and white drum set, sitting in the corner. It was like an empty throne, beautiful but without a king. He quickly pulled the pair of drum sticks he carries with him everywhere out of his back pocket, sitting behind the drum set and staring at it as if it were made of solid gold. He reminded me of a little kid on Christmas, getting his first train set or whatever kids play with these days. It was really adorable.
‘’This is the most beautiful fucking drum set I’ve ever seen,’’ he breathed, kicking his feet on the double bass pedals.
I laughed and leaned against the wall. ‘’Her name’s Lucy, she’s been here for awhile now,’’ I explained, smiling when he started drumming to a random beat.
‘’Well Lucy sounds pretty damn amazing,’’ he grinned, going into insane rock star mode and hitting the drums like his life depended on it.
I couldn’t help but smile to myself as I thought about my best guy friend. I mean sure, behind his drum set he looks like he could be a wild animal, but the boy is a hyperactive sweetheart who loves his friends more than anything.
How I ever got so lucky I’ll probably never know.
I snapped out of my daze when I realized Jimmy was talking to me.
‘’What?’’ I asked, looking at him a bit alarmed. He laughed at my frazzled state.
‘’I said, ‘do you want me to teach you?’’ he chuckled, twirling a drumstick around his fingers. I was still a bit confused.
‘’Teach me to what?’’ I asked dumbly. He started laughing even more.
‘’To play the drums, buttface,’’ he smirked, earning a playful glare from me.
‘’Sure, teach away, Master Sullivan,’’ I said, getting behind the drum set. He got up from his seat and I took his place. I was going to prove to him and myself that I can, indeed, play an instrument. Although, we both know I have the musical rhythm of a two year old.
He started me off with some basic tips, staying in rhythm, keeping the timing right, the normal things drummers do. But, having missed a lot of notes that Jimmy would’ve easily gotten, I became frustrated.
‘’GOD DAMMIT!’’ I yelled, messing up again, ‘’I’m ready to throw these fucking drum sticks across this room. How the hell do you make this look so easy?!’’ I sighed, rubbing my forehead with the back of my sleeve.
Jimmy smiled and came around to my right side. This guy is so patient with me; I would’ve screamed and pulled my hair out by now if I was in his place.
‘’You’re not gonna get it perfect the first day, Lex,’’ he laughed, ‘’but it’s all in the wrists. You also need to count in your head, like ‘1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4,’’ he said, tapping one of the cymbals in that rhythm.
‘’Alright, I think I got this,’’ I said confidentially, tapping to the same rhythm Jimmy showed me, over and over again.
‘’Yay, you’re getting it!’’ he said proudly, giving me a hug from behind. I felt so accomplished.
‘’WOOHOO!’’ I yelled, banging down really hard on a cymbal the same time Johnny appeared. Not realizing the cymbal must’ve been loosened from when Jimmy practically attacked it, it flew off the drum set, smacking Johnny square in the face and making a loud rattling noise echo throughout the store.
Um…shit. O_O
Jimmy and I fell to the floor, laughing so hard our eyes watered. The startled midget screamed when the round brass cymbal collided with his face, causing Pansy and Casey to run over to the source of the noise. When they realized what had happened, their laughing bodies joined ours on the ground.
‘’S-shit, Johnny, are you ok-kay?!’’ I choked out in between laughs, sitting up and wiping a tear from my face. As bad as it may seem, you have to admit, that was too fucking funny not to laugh at.
Johnny still looked really startled when he held his nose to prevent further blood from escaping, since there was already a small puddle on the floor. ‘’I don’t even…why the hell…’’ he tried to say, his voice sounding all nasally because he was holding his nose. This just caused us to laugh even harder.
‘’Aw, Johnny I’ll get you cleaned up,’’ Casey finally said, getting up and leading Johnny to the staff bathroom. Jimmy got up and attached the possessed cymbal back onto the drum set, leaving Pansy and I on the floor. I took this as an opportunity to ask her about what was going on between her and Brian.
‘’You wanna know the honest truth?’’ She asked, resting her cheek on her hand and staring up at the ceiling, ‘’I don’t even know what we are. Am I supposed to be some fling that he’ll throw out once he finds someone else? Or am I something more than a good fuck in the occasional bathroom?’’ she sighed, banging the back of her head against the wall a few times.
I patted her knee comfortingly. ‘’You should just ask him, before he thinks that you only want the sex,’’ I tried to explain, ‘’what do YOU want though?’’
She groaned out in frustration. I looked over at Jimmy, knowing fully well he was listening to our conversation. That whole act of pretending to adjust the bass drums was his feeble attempt at looking nonchalant. Jimmy, never become an actor.
‘’I’m still confused about what I want,’’ she sighed, putting her head in her hands, ‘’I need to get this whole charade sorted out. I’ll be damned if he thinks he’ll be able to fuck me anytime he wants, so I need to be stronger. I need to show him that I could possibly wanna be more than just a fuck buddy.’’
She got up, determination written across her face. ‘’I’m taking the car home. Jimmy, can you bring Lexi back when her shift ends?’’ she asked, heading toward the front door with the keys in hand. Jimmy just nodded, and we both said goodbye as she left to go figure out what the fuck she was going to do with Brian.
Jimmy looked up from the drum kit and started twirling a drum stick around his fingers again. ‘’Is she gonna be sitting home watching some romance movies again?’’ he laughed, scooting over in his seat to make room for me.
I smiled, sitting down and putting my head on his shoulder. ‘’Most likely.’’
♠ ♠ ♠
hiya guys :D yes, i wrote a whole chapter by myself, the next shall be by pansy though ^-^ almost 150 readers, more comments would be appreciated though :D hope you liked the update :p
xo, Lexi