Forbidden

Chapter Three: A Quidditch Game, A Troll, And More Detentions

A couple of days passed, most of which were spent in detention with Snape, doing his most disgusting and dusty chores, when it was time for the very first Quidditch game of the season. We were all in the stands as Madame Hooch went over her safety instructions. Finally, she blew the whistle and threw up the Quaffle ball. Everyone zoomed around but I was paying attention to Harry. It was 40-20, Gryffindor losing when Harry finally caught sight of the snitch. He was just about to go after it, when his broom started acting up. I gripped my binoculars and looked at the teachers. Quirell and Snape. Snape is mean, cruel, and utterly lost, but not evil, Quirell...I wasn't so sure.
"It's Snape!" Hermione said.
"Hermione, don't be stupid. I hate him as much as the next person. But he isn't evil. It's Quirell. I think Snape is muttering the counter spell." I said, but she didn't listen and went after Snape.
"Hermione, don't do anything rash..." I sighed. Oh boy. She lit him on fire. At least Harry was on his broom and going after the snitch. I watched as Snape looked around, disgruntled. I smirked. Well, at least he deserved it. I then went back to Harry who was...STANDING ON HIS BROOM?!
"HARRY! YOU STUPID BOY!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed. He was stepping too...oh my god. Face plant. He stood up and started gagging. Ignoring the protests of Madame Hooch, Hagrid, and all the other teachers, ran onto the field. I smacked him on the back and he spit out...the golden snitch?
"HARRY POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS!!!" The announcer called. Our whole house was on their feet in seconds, screaming excitedly while the Slytherins were booing in disappointment.
Sadly, after the game, I had detention with Snape again. He thought I had light his coat on fire.

"Why do you think it's me?" I asked, putting his books in alphabetical order.
"Because you hate me." He replied.
"Doesn't mean I think you tried to kill my brother. I think it's that Quirell guy. He's weird." I said, dusting of another book.
"Really?"
"Yup. So you're mean. Doesn't mean you're evil."
"Indeed."

Break Period

"Fluffy? He named a three headed dog Fluffy?" I asked, shaking with laughter. Harry was telling me about his trip to the third floor.
"Oh, shut up. It's guarding something. It was standing on a trap door." Harry sighed.
"Yeah whatever."
"Hagrid said it was something secret. That it was between Dumbledore and some guy named Nicholas Flamel."
"Look, I highly doubt it's any of our business, alright. Now let’s head to charms."

:Charms Class:

"Wingardium Leviosa!" I said, swishing and flicking my wrist. I got it up an inch, but it wouldn't work. I almost wanted to snap my wand in half.
"Ron, you're saying it wrong. It's not Wingardium leviosuuuh, It's leviosaaa." Hermione said.
"Well if you're so smart you do it. Go on. Do it." He replied.
"Wingardium Leviosa." She said calmly and fluttered her wrist, making the feather move higher.

:On Our Way To Dinner:

"'It's not Wingardium leviosuuuh, it's leviosaaa.' I swear she's maddening. It's no wonder she doesn't have any friends." Ron whined as Hermione brushed past, crying.
"Nice." I muttered then ran after her.
"Herms, don't listen to him." I said, standing outside the bathroom stall.
"H-h-he's r-r-right you kn-kn-know." She sobbed.
"No, he's a stupid idiotic boy who is way jealous of you." I said firmly, and it was true. I spent the rest of the day trying to convince Hermione of this. Well, that is, until a TROLL APPEARED!!
"HERMIONE! A TROLL!" I screeched as we dove to the ground to avoid being hit with its club. It splintered the rows of bathroom stalls and we crawled under the sinks as Harry and Ron appeared.
"DO SOMETHING!!" I cried as the troll busted the sinks. They started throwing wood at its head. I closed my eyes for five minutes until I heard
"DO SOMETHING!" From Harry. He was hanging from the trolls hand, and being swung at with its club.
"SWISH AND FLICK YOU DUMB ASS!!" I yelled at Ron.
"Wingardium Leviosa!" The trolls club slipped out of its hand and then dropped on its head. The troll swayed, dropped Harry, then crashed to the floor. Harry grabbed his wand from the creature's nose. I just noticed it was there.
"EWWW!" I squealed as the professors ran in.
"What happened here?" McGonagall asked, shaken.
"Well...we...we were just..." The boys stuttered until Hermione broke in.
"It's my fault professor McGonagall, I had read all about troll's in a book and I thought I could handle it. If October, Ron, and Harry didn't show up, I'd probably be dead." Hermione said, taking the blame.
"That was irresponsible of you Ms. Granger, therefore, five points from Gryffindor." She then turned to us. " Not many first years can take on a fully grown mountain troll. Ten points to each of you, for sheer dumb luck." I looked down guiltily and saw Snape's leg bleeding. I looked at him curiously but he just glared and limped out. Quirell was the only one still there. His eyes held disappointment when he looked at the troll. I glared suspiciously.
"C-c-come on, d-d-don't want t-t-to be st-st-standing around w-w-when it w-w-wakes up." He stuttered. The others left but I took Quirell aside.
"You're up to something you stuttering fool. I can see it in your eyes. Don't mess with my brother or my friends. They may think it's Snape but I'm as sure as hell it's you. Watch it, okay?" I threatened then stormed to the common room.
"Guys, it isn't Snape. It's that weird Quirell guy. I know it." I sighed. They were going on about how Snape was trying to steal whatever Fluffy was guarding and that's how he got his leg cut.
"Why would Quirell want it? He's a stuttering buffoon. Snape is dark, creepy, and everything Voldemort would want." Harry replied.
"You know what fine. Do your little thing without me because I'm not going to conspire against someone I know didn't do anything!" I stormed out of the common room and down to the dungeons. Snape needed a warning. I banged on the door, still a bit angry.
"Enter."
I went into the room.
"Snape, I need to warn you about...oh...err...this is...um...private." I said, uncomfortable because Malfoy was here.
"I was just leaving." He said with confidence.
"Whatever." I grumbled as he pushed past me.
"What is it Potter?"
"Harry, Hermione, and Ron. They think you are trying to get whatever is on the third floor. I know for a fact it isn't you anymore likely it's Dumbledore himself. Just thought I'd warn you. Keep a good eye on him. Mom...mom would've liked you too." I whispered the last part, but I knew he heard me.
"Okay...first of all, how do you know what's on the third floor? Second, why don't you agree with the Golden Trio?"
"Because Quirell is just too suspicious with his damn stuttering." I replied, knowingly avoiding the first question.
"Potter, answer my question."
"Cause Harry and them accidentally went into the room with...Fluffy." I giggled the last part, and I thought I could see a hint of a smile grace Snape's face, but it was only for a second.
"We will talk more about this. In detention on your break period."
"YOU'VE GOT TO BE BLOODY KIDDING ME!!! I CAME ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THIS DANK LITTLE HOVEL TO WARN YOUR SORRY ASS AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?! DETENTION?! WHY DO I EVEN TRY?!" I screamed then ran angrily to McGonagall's office, just as she told me when I was getting Bipolar.
I knocked on the door, just being able to stop myself from slamming my fist. She answered, and seeing my mood, brought me in.
"THAT STUPID RAT! I TRY TO TELL HIM SOMETHING IMPORTANT BUT NOOO HE JUST CAN'T GO ONE DAY WITHOUT GIVING ME A BLOODY DETENTION!" I stormed, pacing the room, throwing my hands in the air in exasperation.
"Miss Potter! Calm down this once!" She said with authority. I immediately shut up and calmed.
"What were you going to tell Professor Snape?"
"I'm sorry...but I can't tell you. It's between myself and Snape."
"Okay. Why did he give you detention?"
"Because...of...something." I muttered. Harry was already in deep shit, I didn't want to bury him in it.
"You can't tell me anything?"
"No...not unless you don't expel me, my brother, and my friends..." I mumbled. She shook her head.
"You may go, Miss Potter."
"Call me October or Toby, see ya, Professor."

I got back to the common room and avoided my brother and friends. I went upstairs and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. lot's of tention, eh? Stupid Snape...but we love him! =^.^= <3