Forbidden

Chapter Four: Christmas Break, The Mirror, and Confessions

The next day, during my free period, I walked sullenly down to Professor Snape's office.
"Stupid bloody rat. I warn him about some deep shit and he gives me a bloody detention. I wasn't even there..." I muttered as I went deeper into the dungeons. I shook my head. What does it matter? He always gives me detention. I opened to potions room door and immediately started putting the books in alphabetical order. I still hadn't finished. He has 387 potions books. I had put up only 150 of them over the course of 5 detentions.
"Why the hell does he have so damn many! He has like, two of every damn book!" I growled to myself, unaware of the other people in the room. I had thought I was alone. Well, until someone laughed at my comment. I whipped around my wand in my had instantly.
"Put down your wand little one. I am Lucius Malfoy." The man with long blonde hair said.
"All the more reason to keep it up! Your son is an arrogant jerk, and by the looks of things, so are you. Like father like son." I said, my hand tightening.
"You should learn to think before you speak, what is your name girl?" Something told me not to tell this man who I really was.
"October Cosgrove." I replied not even missing a beat.
"Well Ms. Cosgrove, it's no wonder you got detention." He spat.
"I like detention. Gets me away from all the idiots, but it seems my haven has been invaded by one." He glared.
"Severus, learn to control your students." Lucius said, looking behind me. I turned to see Professor Snape right behind me.
"Actually, that was quite entertaining, seeing a fully grown man get bullied around by a first year Gryffindor. 5 points to Gryffindor." Snape said, a hint of laughter in his voice.
"Oh my god. SNAPE WANTS TO LAUGH AND GAVE POINTS TO THE GRYFFINDORS!! What has the world come to? DID HELL FREEZE OVER?!" I asked, smirking. I tried to keep a straight face at Snape's expression, but I couldn't help it. I burst out into loud fits of laughter, tears were rolling from my eyes.
"Lucius, Let me correct myself, a mentally insane first year Gryffindor." Snape stated calmly.
"A-a-and y-y-you’re an u-u-une-e-emotional j-j-j-jerk!" I retorted, still laughing my ass off.
"Oh dear lord. Langlock!" Severus sighed. My mouth slammed shut. I couldn't open it either. I grabbed a piece of blank parchment and a quill off Snape's desk and wrote,
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO ME AND UN-DO IT RIGHT NOW YOU NO GOOD EMO BROKEN SADISTIC BLACK OBSESSED FREAK!!!
"Hmm, some colorful language, Ms. Cosgrove." Lucius smirked.
DON'T TALK TO ME! You are an arrogant bastard who likes to fuck every pretty girl you can get your hands on! I wrote down, glaring.
"Ms. Cosgrove please control your language or a trip to Dumbledore will be in order." Snape snapped, stressing my fake name. I gave him a murderous glare then stomped over to his book shelf and again started to put his books back in order.
"Better. Now...there isn't a counter spell for this so you might as well head to the hospital wing." Snape said carelessly. I turned to him slowly, burning with rage. But when I saw his eyes, they showed apologies. I nodded, my anger dying slowly, and left the room. I went up to the hospital wing and wrote Madame Pomfrey what was wrong.
"Hmm...Langlock, eh? I know just what to do." She pulled out her wand. "Unlanglock." My jaw dropped. Unlanglock?! Where the hell did she come up with that?! I thought.
"Uhm. Thanks. Good day, Madame Pomfrey." I muttered, then left. I went back down to the dungeons and Snape's class.
"Unlanglock." I said, going back to the books. Snape looked at me curiously.
"What?" He asked.
"The counter spell. Unlanglock."
"Unlanglock? How...unoriginal." He muttered.
"Why do you care?" I asked, looking at him, with a slightly heavy book in my hands.
"Because I created it." He grumbled.
"But...that spell was made by...Oh. My. GOD." I said, the book dropping from hands and landing hard on the ground. Actually, I think it was on my toe, but I couldn't be sure, I was numb with surprise.
"Ms. Potter be CAREFUL." Snape snapped, irritated.
"Wait, I thought she said she was October Cosgrove?" Lucius asked, finally entering the conversation. I glared at Snape.
"I am October. But not October Cosgrove. I am October Potter. But YOU Snape, You are much more. You are the Half Blood Prince." I said. Snape seemed to go even paler, if that was possible.
"How do you know about that?"
"What, do you think I go to the library to snog? I read you know." I sighed.
"Right." He replied stiffly.
"Wait. So Harry Potter has a sister?" Lucius asked.
"Good lord. He's even more hopeless than I thought. Yes. I am Harry's twin sister."
"A secret sister...how did this go unnoticed?"
"Because my dad was brilliant. He hid me under an invisibility cloak and I smartly stayed quiet." I growled. I don't know how I remembered how it went down, but it's my most prominent memory, even though I was no more than one when it happened.
"Remarkable."
"Surrre. Snape, you have some weird friends...wait. My bad. You hate this guy. Hmm, and here I thought someone actually liked being with you." I said, picking the book I dropped back up and putting it on the shelf along with its twin.
"And here I thought you enjoyed detention." He shot back sarcastically.
"Ah, but I do. As I said earlier, helps me escape the dumb asses of the school that frame innocent people." I replied, shooting him a meaningful glance.
"Wait. I'm confused. Innocent people? Framing? And now Harry Potter has a supposed twin sister?" Lucius asked.
"Holy fuck. Snape, hang out with smarter people." I mumbled, still putting the books up.
"Lucius, It's time for you to leave." Snape sighed. Lucius rolled his eyes then left the class room.
"Alright. How do you know it isn't me?"
"Cause I'm cool like that." I replied, not missing a beat with my answer.
"Ms .Potter, now is not the time."
"Oh alright. Well the troll incident. Quirell held a look of utter disappointment when he looked at the knocked out troll. But you, you looked absolutely pleased when the troll was found. And don't tell me it was acting because I see TRUE emotions."
"Okay...Now, tell me again how you know about the dog?"
"Well, Harry and the gang took a wrong turn and Filtch's cat showed up. So the ran down the hall and into the room. Fluffy came up behind them and scared the bejeezus out of 'em and then they talked to Hagrid about it and he slipped the name. Fluffy. God...a three headed dog named Fluffy, how undermining." I laughed.
"Yes, it is a bit absurd. And when did this happen?"
"While I was in detention with you after the Quidditch game. By the way, THAT WAS HERMIONE!!"
"I know Potter. I just like tormenting you."
"Ass." I grumbled under my breath.
"What?"
"Nothing." I sighed then went back to the books. The bell rang. I had put up another fifty books. I grabbed my stuff, grunted a goodbye at Snape, then headed to transfiguration class.

FF Christmas Break
"Awe, Hermione, do ya hafta leave?" I whined as I watched her pack.
"Yes. Now, I know you don't believe Snape is guilty but will you PLEASE help Ronald and Harry look for a book on Nicholas Flamel in the restricted section over break?"
"I'll think about it Herms. I just really wished you guys believed me."
"We're sorry. We really are. But all the evidence points to him."
"Okay. I forgive YOU just because you are the only girl I know that isn't a total bitch and or a slut."
"Thanks October. But, please, think about it. I have to go. I don't want to miss it." She replied. I pulled her into a hug and she left.
A couple of days past and it was finally Christmas. I woke up, feeling extremely happy, and I skipped to my closet. I picked out a long sleeve shirt that said 'I did not slap you, I high fived your face!', some fade out jeans, a leather jacket, and some fur lined boots. I then did my makeup...okay, I accioed it from one of the other girls, but...nobody has to know. I but on some light pink gloss, mascara, eyeliner, and a light shade of blush. I stepped down stairs only to have Ron throw a package at me.
"I...I have a present?" I asked, looking at the parcel in my hands. Ron nodded. I opened it to see a beautiful red fur cloak that was lined with silk.
"Oh my god." I breathed. No, not from the beauty of it, for it certainly was beautiful, but from the fact someone would buy this for me. I lifted it and set on the couch and I noticed a letter with a black envelope flutter to the ground. I picked it up and opened it, breaking the green seal.

October,
Please accept this cloak. It will be useful to you in times of danger. Use it well.
-
Somebody you know.

"Ron. I'm very confused."
"Yeah, so am I. How many people do you know in Slytherin?" He asked.
"Why Slytherin?" I asked, looking up at him.
"Hello, black envelope, green seal. Those are Slytherin colors."
"Oh...Well, only Malfoy, Goyle, and Crabbe...unless you want me to include Snape." I replied.
"Well, no doubt it's Malfoy. He probably just wants a girl." Ron said angrily.
"Even so, I shall wear it. It would be rude not to." I replied, doubting very much it was Malfoy after I disrespected his father. I took of my jacket and banished it to my closet, then fastened to beautiful red cloak around my neck and I lifted up the cowl.
"BLOODY HELL! Where did you go?" Ron asked.
"What are you going on about? I'm right here." I said.
"Blimey, that isn't just a cloak, it's an invisibility cloak!" Ron gasped. I looked down at my body.
"Fuck, you're right! Oh, I'm SO gonna go prank Snape. See ya Ron!" I giggled then ran out of the common room and to the dungeons. I tip toed into the room, glad that the door was open. I saw Snape reading at his desk. I smirked. Oh this'll be fun. I silently walked up to him and plucked the book from his hands. He looked around bewildered.
"What the hell?" He mumbled, looking at the floating book. I snapped the book closed, and moved it to make it look like I was going to hurl it across the room. He glared.
"Throw that book and you'll have a life time of detentions, Potter." In disbelief I threw back my hood. It seemed to only work when it was up.
"How'd you know it was me?" I asked, handing the book back.
"Please. Who do you think gave you that?"
"Goyle, Crabbe...wait...YOU gave it to me?" I asked, jaw dropped. He rolled his eyes.
"No, you dim witted Gryffindor. Your damn father did! Just like he gave it to Lily."
"Dim witted, now that hurt. How would my father have given it to me? He's dead."
"Yes, dim witted. For some reason your father gave it to Dumbledore, who gave it to me to give it to you. Happy?"
"Why would he give it to you...?" I wondered thoughtfully.
"Why don't you go ask him?"
"I was going to captain obvious." I rolled my eyes and stomped out of the dungeons, up to the seventh floor, and over to the gargoyle.
"Lemon Drops." The gargoyle hopped aside and let me up.
I knocked on his door.
"Come in." I walked in.
"Oh, Ms. Potter, who gave you such a fine cloak?" He asked.
"Snape said my dad gave it to you and you gave it to him to give to me." I replied, confused.
"He did? Well...seems Severus has some explaining to do." He mumbled.
"Wait, wasn't he telling the truth?" I asked.
"No. No he was not." I was flabbergasted. Why would he lie?

FF to tomorrow

"You did what?!" I hissed at Harry.
"I snuck into the restricted section and I found this mirror. It showed me Mum and Dad."
"Harry, take me to it. I want to see them too." I replied. He nodded.
"We'll go tonight."

FF Common room, 11:00

I was wearing my cloak and Harry was wearing his and we snuck out of the common room. We got into the library, unlocked the gates to the restricted section, and walked through the rows of books. We finally came to a door. Harry opened it and I followed him inside.
"Okay, stand right there, right in the middle." Harry instructed. I moved into the middle and was surprised at what I saw.
"H-H-Harry....I don't see Mum and Dad." I said shakily looking at the image of Snape and I kissing.
"No, because your desires are not his." Said an old voice behind me.
"So...this mirror shows...what we want...most?" I squeaked, horrified at the image I couldn't tear my gaze away from.
"Exactly. Harry, you see your parents because they are what you want the most. October, you see you and the man you want most."
"I...I don't..." I couldn't finish the sentence because I knew it would be a lie. A big fat one. I'm in love with professor Snape. And Dumbledore knew. I'm in deep shit.
"Wait...October...you like someone? Who?" Harry asked.
"N-n-nobody." I stuttered.
"Wait, is it Malfoy or his gang?"
"What? Hell no!" I replied.
"Harry, I don't think now is the best time to ask your sister about it. She is in realization." Dumbledore said knowingly. "Now, I suggest you leave and never come back. This mirror is to be moved and you must promise to never come looking for it. Understand?" Dumbledore asked.
"Yes sir." We replied.

The next day, I was at the Black Lake. I was sitting under the tree I had found on my first day here. I was wrapped in my cloak and I was wearing some bright green shoes. There was a beanie shoved on my head along with a scarf the was around my neck. and I was wearing a long sleeved shirt that said 'French fries are a vegetable.', and some Steelers pajama pants. That's right, I'm a Steelers fan. I loved watching American Football, it was awesome. I smiled lightly as I remembered secretly watching the football games at the Dursley's. I missed watching it. I hoped that the Steelers won the playoffs.
"Ms. Potter."
"Professor." I sighed, not in the mood to fight with him. Not that I wanted to anyways. I mean, I pretty much just figured out I loved the guy, and my emotions were a mess.
"Is something wrong?" He asked, sitting next to me.
"Yeah, I miss watching American Football. My favorite team could be losing and I wouldn't know. I ALWAYS knew. But that was when life was normal and magic didn't exist." I sighed wistfully.
"Magic always existed, you just didn’t know it." He replied.
"Yeah and life was bloody easier that was too." I snapped.
"How so?"
"I never would've fallen in love." I whispered.
"How did magic change that?" He asked, bewildered.
"I NEVER WOULD'VE MET YOU!" I screamed. I had to tell him. I would've never been able to keep it a secret.
"I still don't see how that affects you falling in love." He said, irritation in his voice.
"You don't bloody get do you? YOU are the reason I fell. I fell so damn hard I didn't even know I was falling till I hit the ground."
"Okay...so you’re telling me you fell for Lucius? The guy that you called stupid?" He asked incredulously.
"NO! I LOVE YOU DAMN IT!"
"I..."
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAT WILL SNAPE SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!