Status: I'm typing the next chapter as you read this :)

Who do Exchange Students Think They Are?

Who do Exchange Students Think They Are? Chapter 1

I walked into my living room. My family was sitting all on one couch waiting for me; this was not a good sign. My insides shook as I tried to think what I’ve done to deserve punishment. Play by play of scenarios went through my head and I broke into a cold sweat. “Sit down sweetheart” said my mom in the superficial tone she always uses when showing affection. Why me? My eyes looked at the stone face of my workaholic father, the shallow face of my mother, and the worried face of the one person who relates to me in this family, my brother.

I felt bad for him. I was in his shoes before. See, the way things work in this house everything is a family matter. Grades, boyfriends, sports, drama, everything was discussed. Something important held for a family meeting like the one we are having at this moment. The worst part is I have to sit there and watch my brother go through everything I am feeling when something important involving him comes up and not know if he’s in trouble or not because, of course our parents never tell us. I sit there and wait for the punishment.

“Well, it appears,” said my mother. Appears what that you found out about me not going to the dance? About how I got my belly button pierced? What? I thought to myself. “that your Brother is having an exchange student come to live with us.” I let out the air I held in my lungs anticipating what was going to be said.

“That’s it” I said in a shocked tone. Why did they even call me down here? This isn’t important. I turned around heading to my room. I heard my mother have an intake of breath, which she does always before starting a sentence.

“Well you see it’s a girl.” said my mother as if I should know what this unimportant detail means. She looked at me and then rolled her eyes. My mother realized she had to explain something. She always makes people feel incompetent. “Since the guest room is under construction, she will be rooming with you.” Now it was my turn to freak out.

“What! I have to share a room with a complete stranger? Why can’t they sleep downstairs?” I said my anger making every word sound like venom spewing out of my mouth.

“Don’t be so melodramatic. We will be civil. Our guest is not sleeping on the couch. Arrangements have been made a new bed is coming in and we ordered a new amoire so they can keep their clothes and won’t put you out. They will all match your room so you can’t complain too much. They won’t put you out. Don’t say a word just deal with it. They are coming in about 3 days. The furniture should be here tomorrow. “ said my Mother. If I protested it would only bring me punishment so I just thought it best to march up stairs. I made my way to the white door that opened into my beautiful room. The thought of someone sharing my sanctuary where my style and personality is expressed made me want to strangle what’s her face who will be coming.

I walked over to my bed with all white comforter and Gold bed frame. The mattress hugged every curve of me and it comforted me and made me feel safe. I soon found myself asleep………. “Hahahah. Wow, who is that freak waving at you?” said Alice my best friend. She was a bit superficial but I put up with her slanderous ways. I turn my head and see a girl with a her hair braided and her white skin like a bright light and her blue eyes were lined with so much eyeliner she looked like a dead girl walking. Oh no. I thought to myself. It must be the exchange student.

“Oh, you must be Arianna. I’m going to be staying at your house for the next school year. My name is…” I woke up from my nightmare. I then realized I don’t even know the girls name. I marched into my parent’s room. I turned the light on to wake them up and my mother sat up.

“Arianna, what in the hell are you doing waking me up at this hour?” I then turn to look at the clock 1:13. Oh oppsie.I thought to myself. Might as well ask the question since you already woke her up.

“What’s the exchanged students name?” I said. Realizing how stupid it was for me to barge in here and ask that.

“You woke me up at 1:00 in the morning to figure out Jace’s name!” scolded my mother. So it’s Jace. My work here is done.

“Sorry, it was bugging me, Goodnight.” I whispered as I shut off the lights and made my way back to my room. So Jace is the name who will make my life hell. Great, I hate this girl already.
♠ ♠ ♠
I reallllyy want feedback or i think i will stop this story,