Nothing More, Nothing Less.

rain...

You can trust Toshiya to make even a rainy day worth waking up for, Die thinks, standing in the doorway of their tour bus bedroom and smiling down at the bassist.

Thirty-two years old, nearly thirty-three, pulling on a pair of zebra print Wellington boots over two pairs of black socks, a massive grin on his face while the giggles escape from his throat.

“What if someone sees you?” Kaoru hisses, as Toshiya gets ready to leave, glowering over his cup of black, extra strong coffee, today’s newspaper clenched in his fist. “I don’t want to find pictures of you prancing around like a fairy all over the Internet.”

The tall man doesn’t answer, just smiles at the eldest member and bounces towards the door. He needs to get off the bus, stretch his limbs, work off the sudden sugar rush brought on by scoffing a whole bag of sweets. Kyo’s sweets. The vocalist doesn’t know yet, he’s having a little nap on the couch and the bassist definitely doesn’t want to be there when he wakes up.

It’s chucking it down, the sun nowhere to be seen, hiding behind half a million black clouds and still Toshiya’s smile radiates warmth as he steps out into the parking lot, into the chilling rain, shards of water simultaneously stinging and refreshing his skin.

Die can’t resist following him outside, the sight of white cotton turning the colour of skin and clinging tightly to every single muscle beneath the surface of Toshiya’s torso making it easy to ignore Kaoru’s complaints. The fact he has no wellies is irrelevant, doesn’t matter, Toshiya can warm him up anyway.

He reaches out for his lover’s hand, smiling as the bassist’s calloused fingers tighten around his own, pulling him closer without even turning, without even checking to see who it is. He knows, he always knows.

“Jump in puddles with me?” There’s more beneath those words than Die can even imagine, Toshiya’s eyes warm and dark as they turn to him, smiling without using his mouth. He nods, generously ignoring the fact his canvas shoes are ruined already, his socks squelching uncomfortably with every step.

He lets himself get dragged along to the biggest, deepest puddle in the car park, determined to forget about everything that he needed to get finished, every piece of work waiting for him back on the bus. This is their moment, a moment to be purely human, a moment of insanity to enjoy together and even though they can feel Kaoru’s disapproving eyes watching their every move, it’s all about them. Nothing more, nothing less. The way it always should be.