Status: starting up again. updates may be slow.

I Know You Are, But What Am I?

Great Escape

Let's get drunk and ride around
And make peace with an empty town
We can make it right

Throw it away
Forget yesterday
We'll make the great escape
We won't hear a word they say
They don't know us anyway
Watch it burn
Let it die
Cause we are finally free tonight

Tonight will change our lives
It's so good to be by your side
But we'll cry
We won't give up the fight
We'll scream loud at the top of our lungs
And they'll think it's just cause we're young
And we'll feel so alive


Wednesday, April 7th 2010

I dragged the giant suitcase to the door of my loft. It was so heavy, and I had so many additional bags. Hey, I was going for three months.
I made two more trips to my bedroom and back to the door before everything was set out. Putting my hands on my hips, I looked around the room once more. Had I forgotten anything? Camera!
I ran back to my room and dug out my camera, my beauty. How could I have forgotten this? It was half of my job!
Tom had let me know that I had full control over everyone working on Warped for AP. That meant I was in charge of the photographers and the people making the videos to put on the AP website each week. Well, Kassi, my PA, who I still hadn't met yet, would help, of course.
I was just running back to my room to grab my favourite pillow and my teddy bear, Alex, when the doorbell rang.
"Just a second!"
I grabbed the pillow and Alex, who wasn't actually a bear, but rather a lion, and ran back to the door, throwing the additions on the ever growing pile.
I dragged the door open to find a girl with long, blonde and orange hair standing there, smiling rather impishly. She thrust one of the two Starbucks coffee cups she was holding into my empty hands.
"I didn't know if you would want a coffee or a hot chocolate so I got you a mocha," she half shouted, now smiling like a maniac. "You're Ana-Jane, right? I'm Kassi. I'm your personal assisstant for Warped Tour."
"Ahh, so you're my slave. Kassi, call me AJ," I said while glaring at her mockingly. She looked worried for a moment until I smiled at her.
She let out a short laugh and let herself into my apartment.
"Would you like to come in?"
"Don't mind if I do," she laughed as she walked to my fridge.
"Kassi, I'm going away for three months, I took all my food out of my fridge already."
"You suck!"
"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, princess," I smiled at how easygoing she was. We were definitely going to be friends.
"Oh wow, I am so glad Tom got us a stretch limo to go the airport in."
"Why?"
She pointed to the pile of my bags. "My shit filled the trunk."
We both cracked up laughing.
"I guess we should get going," I said as I began to pick up a bag. Kassi started to walk out the door, her hands completely free. "KASSI! Get your ass back here and give me some help, bitch!"
"Duhh, I was kidding... BITCH!" She laughed as she grabbed a few bags and walked back out the door.
In a combined effort, we got all the bags down to the car in one long, difficult trip - laughing the whole way.
"So, are you looking forward to Warped Tour?" I asked Kassi as I shoved the last bulging bag into the car.
"Ohh, yeah. I mean, no shower, cramped bunks and being away from home? Of course I am!" She shouted. "No, but seriously, this summer is going to be amazing. I can finally escape from this goddamn place."
"So you aren't excited about the bands at all?"
"Fuck yeah I am! I just didn't want to come across as a fan girl to you. That would be bad."
"HA! I'm pretty sure that I'm more of a fan girl than you."
I pulled out my iPhone and clicked on the Twitterrific app. As the birds chirped, alerting me there were updates, Kassi's head shot around.
"What is your username, motherfucker?"
"Love the nickname, Kass. AJhatesYOU."
"What did I ever do to you?!"
"It's my username, you 'tard."
"And now we are resorting to name calling?" She smiled, typing the username into her phone.
"Hey! You were the one that called me a motherfucker!"
"Whatever, I'm not talking to you now."
"Pssh, be that way."
My phone buzzed, letting me know I had a reply on Twitter.

kassikutthroat @AJhatesYOU stop calling me namesss! lets be BFFs, yeah?

AJhatesYOU @kassikutthroat I am sitting right next to you, why are you tweeting to me?.... 'tard.

AJhatesYOU @kassikutthroat But for reals with the whole BFFs thing (:

Suddenly, Kassi erupted with laughter.
"Gosh, it wasn't that funny."
"Yay! You're my bffizzle!" She laughed, moments before constricting my airways with a bone crushing hug.
"This tour is going to be so much fun," I smiled as I realised the truth in those words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know it is boring as right now, but it will get way better, I swear. Oh, and if you find the whole Twitter thing weird, shaddup! But seriously, it will make sense later on.
As you may or may not have noticed, this fic will have a "soundtrack". Okay, so I totally stole the idea from my friend Ana, who writes Avenged Sevenfold fics on Fanworks, and they are amazing. Like, seriously good. I may have to force her into posting them on Mibba. :)
I will try to stick to one song per chapter, but I will probably get carried away.
Oh, and thank you to AllForDaisy. It is nice to know that someone is actually reading this crap.
Cheers!

+++
I need a new name for this fic. I want Darkest Blue for a Sean Smith fic. :)