Just Notice Her...

Twelve

'Happy birthday to yous, Happy Birthday to yous, Happy Birthday daddy's little princesses, happy birthday to yous.' A Liverpool accent echoed into the two waking girl's room. He walked over to them giving them each a hug tears in his eyes 'oh my little girls are growing up.'

'Come on Rob, they are only twelve, you get like this every year.' A Scottish accent joined them 'get ready girls, you still have to go to school.'

'Presents first!' Rob said heading downstairs. Before Jenna Fitch followed him she turned saying 'don't let your father know… but I'm going to make pancakes!' Clapping her hands together before she left to let them get ready.
The younger twin turned to face her sister, who was already getting ready for the day ahead, putting on what looked like a push up bra, which confused Emily as there was nothing there to push up.
'Katie Hasy Birsday'

Katie turned around 'What?!'

Confused that Katie wasn't responding the way she did every year, she went to say it again 'Katie has-'

'what are you speaking twin for?' Katie said a hint of disgust in her tone, making Emily flinch.

'We do it every year.' Emily replied timidly.

'We were eleven last year, we're getting older now. It' childish to speak twin, no boy would ever want us if we went round speaking twin. Now hurry up I want my presents.' She said rushing out of the door before the twelve year old Emily could reply.

Emily just lay there not sure what to do, eventually she made her way downstairs. They opened their presents getting near enough the same thing jut in different colours. That was when it dawned on Emily, there was nothing she had asked for, infact she couldn't even remember asking for anything.
'Girls there's one more present, but you have to share it,' Rob started to say as he pulled out another present, before it being snatched out of his hands by Katie who greedily started ripping the paper off.
'Wow a 3310!' Katie squealed excitedly.
'Remember it' a joint present.' Jenna started to say. Nether less Emily never saw that phone again.
-------------

'C'mon love we need to get going.'

'But it's going to take ages to walk…'

'No it isn't anyway you want to be on time on your first day'

'I don't see why you couldn't just buy a car...'

'Because my dear Naomi, car's pollute the planet and I'm not willing to have Ms Nature against me.'

'Ms?' Naomi questioned, trying anything to delay going to her new school.

'She doesn't need a man to tell her what to do, could you imagine if men tried to rule the heavens and nature, they have already cocked up the rest of the world, at this rate in a few years time there I going to be a global recession…'

Trying to come up with something quick to keep her mother ranting 'But what about Thatcher she wasn't very good,' Naomi didn't really know who Thatcher was she had just heard some old people on the bus the other day.

Gina Campbell then knelt down to meet her daughter's eyes, 'is there a reason you're trying not to go to school?'

Naomi bit her lip, something that would never stop 'I just don't want to go, I hate being told what to do, especially by 'friends' or I'd actually make some friends and you'd decide to leave again.' She finished by glaring at her mother.

'I'm sorry about that, but now we're back to where we started, where we belong. This is our house, our yellow door house. We are staying put. Don't worry love.' She said putting Naomi's pink pig back pack on her daughter before taking her hand and beginning the walk to her first day of school.
The first day of everything…